R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-11-2009, 01:43 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zJatoRad View Post
the hellfire was my first truggy, I used to start racing, everything was good, finishing races and everything, and about 2 months later I was starting to get a lot of front/rear diff problems, all the time! but I believe there are some mods to fix that problem, I really enjoyed the hellfire though.
The mod is Hot Bodies Lightning diff and pinion gears.
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:21 AM   #32
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbreakthat View Post
My question is.. why are you even bothering coming onto the forums and asking such a question when you have your thoughts on it anyways. I mean come on you would rather believe your uncle instead of the people on here? Why are you asking the people on here if you dont want thier opinions? Ask around your house in the backyards or in the baseball fields then if thats what you want or is this some kind of 4.5 minutes of fame for you to ask it?

Last time I checked, I could go ask questions here if I wanted too. Maybe I don't have my mind set on what kind of car I want to get. I also don't remember asking for opinions in the first place. I asked for Pros and Cons. I've read every one's post and only replied to a few of them. I'm not even sure why you're all bent out of shape, you never gave an opinion in the first place. Hell, just give me your personal opinion on the car then. I also only said "I'd rather believe my uncle instead" is because he has person experience with it. I'm not saying that you guys don't. So please, don't come lashing out at me because I asked what the pro's and con's are, and not their opinions on the car.

From this post forward, POST YOUR OPINIONS! Seems like that's what he wants.
Dvx400Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 AM   #33
Tech Adept

OOOOHHH wait my bad. You did post your opinion. You said it was ugly to look at and I disagreed. That's why you're all bent out of shape. MY BAD for not thinking the same way as you bro. My bad.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:11 AM   #34
Tech Addict

A guy here in my town has a Ford Fairlane painted up to look exactly like a HellFire SS it looks cool but it is always sitting on the shoulder of the road in the same area with the hood up(broke down I guess).I saw him at McDonalds one day and asked him about his paint job. He said he used to build Hellfires and really liked them. I saw that he was wearing an HPI shirt so if you guys want to start bashing this man and his car go ahead.Sometimes it can be fun to poke people and laugh at them but if I were getting a truggy I would probably wait. the RC8T is cool,and if you get a good paint job on it (like the HellFire) you could probably fool people.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:36 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
A guy here in my town has a Ford Fairlane painted up to look exactly like a HellFire SS it looks cool but it is always sitting on the shoulder of the road in the same area with the hood up(broke down I guess).I saw him at McDonalds one day and asked him about his paint job. He said he used to build Hellfires and really liked them. I saw that he was wearing an HPI shirt so if you guys want to start bashing this man and his car go ahead.Sometimes it can be fun to poke people and laugh at them but if I were getting a truggy I would probably wait. the RC8T is cool,and if you get a good paint job on it (like the HellFire) you could probably fool people.

Paint a RC8t like a Hellfire?????? Why???? "We're all going to laugh at you. We're all going to laugh at you."

Seriously, why even think about old Hpi truggies when the Losi 8t is on sale at Amain for peanuts.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 05:44 AM   #36
Tech Addict

I said Fool people and I am the only one on here standing up for you. If you want to run one of these then thats fine, but when you need help with it ,or parts try asking .Instead of making fun of me, why don't you just laugh at me ,besides I am not the guy wanting one of these in case you didn't see the title of the thread... so take that you mean old ZERODEFECT, What do you run ????
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Well ok then! I thought you were cool with the Hellfire because of your Lightning.

The lightning is ugly to.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:13 AM   #38
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

funny stuff.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:01 AM   #39
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have owned a Hellfire..... And I would not recommend getting one unless your getting it for dirt cheap, as in under $100.00 dirt cheap......Today you can buy a used Mugen MBX5T for $200.00, so unless the Hellfire is a pile cheaper its not worth buying.....

The Mugen is a all around better truck in every single aspect, its much more durable, it performs way better, its built with a much higher standard of quality, from metal quality to plastic quality.... I found the Hellfire to less durable then a Savage and I find a Mugen to be way more durable then a Savage..... If i was buying used today I would aim much higher then a Hellfire, IMO Hellfires are rather fragile when compared to the newer higher end machines like the Mugen.... for bashing a Mugen will give you everything you ask for and then some, the Hellfire on the other hand is going to give you lots of wrench time ! Unless the Hellfire is nearly free I would not touch it !
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #40
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I have owned a Hellfire..... And I would not recommend getting one unless your getting it for dirt cheap, as in under $100.00 dirt cheap......Today you can buy a used Mugen MBX5T for $200.00, so unless the Hellfire is a pile cheaper its not worth buying.....

The Mugen is a all around better truck in every single aspect, its much more durable, it performs way better, its built with a much higher standard of quality, from metal quality to plastic quality.... I found the Hellfire to less durable then a Savage and I find a Mugen to be way more durable then a Savage..... If i was buying used today I would aim much higher then a Hellfire, IMO Hellfires are rather fragile when compared to the newer higher end machines like the Mugen.... for bashing a Mugen will give you everything you ask for and then some, the Hellfire on the other hand is going to give you lots of wrench time ! Unless the Hellfire is nearly free I would not touch it !
This guys video say other words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrE4-jHUNXQ

This is the only actual bashing I've found for the Mugen MBX5T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTGvS...ext=1&index=22

Here is also a savage bashing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0iCW9VYqlU

Also, I'm not saying it's a bad truck.

Last edited by Dvx400Rider; 01-11-2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Need to add something.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:51 AM   #41
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
This guys video say other words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrE4-jHUNXQ

This is the only actual bashing I've found for the Mugen MBX5T.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTGvS...ext=1&index=22

Here is also a savage bashing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0iCW9VYqlU

Also, I'm not saying it's a bad truck.

Sand is a very soft landing...doesn't take much to stay together jumping in sand.... The Mugen is many times over more durable then the Hellfire is...you would be much better off to buy a Mugen ! its honestly not even a fair comparison... The Hellfire's may be decent enough to plink around in your yard, which is why I say unless the price is dirt cheap, and I mean dirt cheap ! do not buy it..... Even if you paid more for the Mugen initially you would end up saving money over the long run as the Mugen is going to break much less........ So its up to you, if you love wrenching and fixxing buy the HPI, if you prefer to run all day instead buy the Mugen...... Also to consider is the Mugen is an awesome performing machine, the Hellfire is not anywhere near as capable as the Mugen.... So not only will the Mugen outbash and outlast the HPI it will also runs circles around it in any form of performance comparison ...truly we are comparing two different classes of machine here.........
Old 01-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Sand is a very soft landing...doesn't take much to stay together jumping in sand.... The Mugen is many times over more durable then the Hellfire is...you would be much better off to buy a Mugen ! its honestly not even a fair comparison... The Hellfire's may be decent enough to plink around in your yard, which is why I say unless the price is dirt cheap, and I mean dirt cheap ! do not buy it..... Even if you paid more for the Mugen initially you would end up saving money over the long run as the Mugen is going to break much less........ So its up to you, if you love wrenching and fixxing buy the HPI, if you prefer to run all day instead buy the Mugen...... Also to consider is the Mugen is an awesome performing machine, the Hellfire is not anywhere near as capable as the Mugen.... So not only will the Mugen outbash and outlast the HPI it will also runs circles around it in any form of performance comparison ...truly we are comparing two different classes of machine here.........
+1, Funny reads in here.

Just to add, the Mugen MBX5T is a strong truck, but don't think you can launch it over your house and drop it sideways and expect it not to stay together because you can't land a jump to save your life. They are tough but can still break.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Since you think you are expert tell me what I've broken over the past 3yrs racing my hellfire? I've drove it hard. We all know how good Hpi plastic is. I can tell you where to stick your Pivot Ball Suspenion mugen at. That IMO is a cheap design and hard to setup. I've had PBS cars before they suck always having to do something to them to fix the slop they get after each time of racing them.

IMO the Savage is one of the toughest R/C out there. I'll run your mugen over with it see who come out the other side
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 12:37 PM   #44
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
+1, Funny reads in here.

Just to add, the Mugen MBX5T is a strong truck, but don't think you can launch it over your house and drop it sideways and expect it not to stay together because you can't land a jump to save your life. They are tough but can still break.
Of course the Mugen will break, but if a hit is hard enough to break a Mugen that same hit is going to break any RC, however many hits that would break other RC's won't break a Mugen... so far from all the Truggies and MT's I have owned the Mugen has been the most durable reliable RC I have owned...

My PBS does not suffer from any slop whatsoever, Mugen plastic is some of the best plastic your going to find on any RC, definitely a big step above HPI..... I had a Hellfire and several Savages and HPI does not build a product as well as Mugen does, I do not mean this as a personal insult to any HPI fans either...But the fact is Mugen builds an awesome well thought out product, they use high grade materials and are as bullet proof as any RC can be..... HPI does a decent job, but they don't have the same level of quality , so if both machines can be bought for the same money the Mugen is a much better option....
Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 PM   #45
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
+1, Funny reads in here.

Of course the Mugen will break, but if a hit is hard enough to break a Mugen that same hit is going to break any RC, however many hits that would break other RC's won't break a Mugen... so far from all the Truggies and MT's I have owned the Mugen has been the most durable reliable RC I have owned...

My PBS does not suffer from any slop whatsoever, Mugen plastic is some of the best plastic your going to find on any RC, definitely a step above HPI plastic..... I had a Hellfire and several Savages and HPI does not build a product as well as Mugen does, I do not mean this as a personal insult to any HPI fans either...But the fact is Mugen builds an awesome well thought out product, they use high grade materials and are as bullet proof as any RC can be..... HPI does a decent job, but they don't have the same level of quality , so if both machines can be bought for the same money the Mugen is a much better option....

In the end if you beleive Hellfire is a better bet then a Mugen that is fine, I am not looking to start a fight or anything like that... You can take my advice or leave it, i truly don't care either way...its definitely not worth it to me to fight over it thats for sure... I have owned both machines and truly feel the quality and durability advantage the Mugen has is quite profound and with Mugen's selling used for $200.00 it makes a tough case for anyone to buy a Hellfire when for the same coin you can get the Mugen... The Mugen is one of the most successful popular Truggy platform ever, and the Hellfire is probably one of the most disliked and least popular.... If the HF was truly that good why was it such a flop and if the Mugen was that bad then why was it so successful...

Last edited by Maximo; 01-11-2009 at 12:49 PM.