Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro fuel is like fish.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Questions?? Nitro fuel is like fish.

i read some articles, it is said that nitro will go bad in sunlight and at high temperatures, which is true, next thing is, i found this on the net.http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20664 the thing said if the fuel is cool, it can create a denser charge, i dont know what does that mean, but whatever. so, fuel is like fish, fish goes bad in sunlight and heat. but then are there ways to keep fuel cool besides getting a nitro fuel cooler? can i just put my bottle of nitro fuel in a cooler full of ice? will the moisture get in?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I either use PowerMaster because of the metal can (which helps greatly with sunlight) or I pour my new fuel of another type in an empty PowerMaster can. Other than that, I'm not too worried about temp or anything else.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I put my Byrons fuel bottle right in my cooler full of ice. The bottle is designed to keep fuel in so I'm sure it will keep water out. Works great but I don't notice a big difference.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i leave it under my pit table in the shade.. it is going to be hot when you put it in the tank anyway
Old 12-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

No matter how much you try to keep you fuel cool, the first minute hot exhaust back pressure gets in that tank, its all waisted time. Now do keep it out of the sun. Under a towel under the pit blanket for sure.

Now on the hot exhaust. Many Companies have aluminum coolers that go in your pressure and fuel lines to get those temperatures down. There huge in TC Nitro On road to get run time out of the heavy modded motors. Caster along with Novarossi and some other people make them. I like the Caster one, its cheap, and you can choose your color.

http://www.casterracingusa.com/produ...7&cat=6&page=9

Hope that helps
Old 12-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
No matter how much you try to keep you fuel cool, the first minute hot exhaust back pressure gets in that tank, its all waisted time. Now do keep it out of the sun. Under a towel under the pit blanket for sure.

Now on the hot exhaust. Many Companies have aluminum coolers that go in your pressure and fuel lines to get those temperatures down. There huge in TC Nitro On road to get run time out of the heavy modded motors. Caster along with Novarossi and some other people make them. I like the Caster one, its cheap, and you can choose your color.

http://www.casterracingusa.com/produ...7&cat=6&page=9

Hope that helps
Mikey,
Not that using that pressure line cooler is a bad thing. But it is a waste of money. It will not have any effect on the temp of the fuel in the tank. The reason that it doesn't do anything is that there is not actually any flow through that line. If gas was flowing through that line, it might make a miniscule difference, and I mean a very very small difference. The pressure line does just what it says it does, provides pressure to the tank, no flow.
Physics just doesn't allow that thing to do anything, sorry to bust everyone's bubble.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

cvdiver you are wrong the hotter the air from the pressure line the hotter it will make the fuel the cooler the air from the pressure line is the cooler the fuel will be its like a temperature control on the inside of a truck the hotter the air is coming from the vents the warmer the inside of the truck will be same thing goes for the inside of the tank im not saying you would notice the difference but it would make the fuel cooler
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If there is no flow, how does the tank empty? As the tank level is lowered there has to be flow, don't know how effective the cooler is though.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jammin57
cvdiver you are wrong the hotter the air from the pressure line the hotter it will make the fuel the cooler the air from the pressure line is the cooler the fuel will be its like a temperature control on the inside of a truck the hotter the air is coming from the vents the warmer the inside of the truck will be same thing goes for the inside of the tank im not saying you would notice the difference but it would make the fuel cooler
This dudes got it rite. I dont think anybody would know the difference, but if your going to lengths of cooling your fuel in a cooler, i mean why not spend the 4 bucks. There is hot air flowing through that line. Its blowing right into the tank lid. All over your fuel. If your cooling your fuel, why just let it get blown on by warmer air. Cool it every little bit.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Also, way better than cooling your fuel in ice, research a old Roar on road nats controversy about Hara supposedly oxygenizing his fuel. It was supposed to get the fuel more oxygen so it burnt more of the fuel and waisted less, making more power. It was a long time ago, but if your really into getting power, try that. That makes alot more sence to me then a smelly cooler and wet gallon of fuel
Old 12-29-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It's all a work. You're never going to keep the fuel cool enough after it enters the tank for it to make any difference.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It boggles my mind to see people using micro radiators on their fuel line in the hopes of MAYBE cooling the minuscule amount of air coming into the tank from the pipe, but then they do absolutely nothing about the 200 degree metal pipe just 3mm away from the side of the fuel tank.

If you want to do something productive to keep your fuel cooler, start by putting some sort of insulation between the pipe and the tank. I myself always put heat sheilding on the side of the tank that faces the pipe, and try to route my lines on the other side of the tank, away from the hot pipe. Does it actually make a difference? Can't say, but I'll bet it does way more than that fuel line radiator can ever hope to do, and for a lot cheaper
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Master

Losi and Hpi Have that aluminum heat shield tape. Put it between the pipe and the tank on the outside of the tank, Works good for not over expanding your tank and making it over the 125cc limit too..
Old 12-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i guess i just do not see the need to put an extra cooler on there and have another thing that can go wrong.. i just do not see the need to take that chance
Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

most of the time when i race and its hot out, i will have a mini frig in the back of my car (to keep the grocerys cool, frozen ones, icecream, etc.) i will just use that to keep my fuel in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.