R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-30-2008, 09:54 AM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I run the c6 in my rc8 with zero issues of it being "too much motor" if you have a smooth throttle fingure and the right clutch/gear set-up it should not be a issue. I tune my buddys GRP and its a great engine I had zero luck with mine though, again I am not flamming the GRP. I run the M2C 4 shoe flywheel with .9 springs and a 15 tooth clutch bell, the power is there when I need it but also very smooth, I do not blip the throttle all the time eighter I drive it like an elec. car and do well with it.
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #32
Tech Apprentice

Default engine choice

if your looking for more bottom end with run i sugest getting the nova 4 port ive seen one of these go they are awesome excellent bottom to mid lacks a bit at the top but other than that a great engine...also stay away from v-spec there are to many out there having problems for the price they are its a giant rip off since the quality aint there but in saying that the speed is a good choice havent heard of any problems with them so far have an awesome bottom and really good top might be something to have a look at i dunno.
nover367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:05 PM   #33
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to layedbackguy

Do you guys think moding a brand new C6lg2 is worth it? Just a simple port job, but what advantages should i see?
layedbackguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

blktransam, Im not getting down on the C6 sorry if it does. I agree that finger control and clutch setup are key. BuggyDad did say he was getting back into the hobby after 3+ years not to mention he has a new 2.0 and from what I hear they are a great car but can be a little twitchy so with that in mind, a motor that is smoot from the start seems to make more sense IMHO. Either way both are great motors and will keep up with if not beat any motor out there.
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 06:47 PM   #35
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

Quote:
Originally Posted by layedbackguy View Post
Do you guys think moding a brand new C6lg2 is worth it? Just a simple port job, but what advantages should i see?
My Maxy mod C6 L2G is if faster than my stock one and gets better runtime.
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #36
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

could you guys elaborate on the description of twitchy for the 8 2.0? The GRP is out.I'm now stuck on the ws73 l2g and c6 bbt l2g.I may get the ws73 first then wait a little for the c6 to see if the new one mentioned comes out by the start of the season.Ill get both then a play and see which one i like the most in the 8
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:57 AM   #37
am
Tech Master

Hi.

i have not had the C6, but we did import Falcon engines here to Norway. (same as MR Ninja).

But, here in Norway there are two engines that really is outstanding in fuel milage, one is the GRP tuned and the other one is the Team Crono Norway modified OS. RB is not even close, with the C6 engines.

The GRP ones is not that hard to tune at all. They tune a little different but anyone need to learn. If you change out the nr 6 glowplug that comes with the engine and use NR5 or even NR4, it is easy.

For the ones that say the GRP is lacking bottom end, i wonder what pipe you are using? I would advice to use the 2054 with medium length header. If you wan`t more snap, use the short header.( yes, it sounds wrong but you get more snap from bottom end, more smooth, use the long GRP header.)
am is offline   Reply With Quote