R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

if you get the grp dont get the promo kit, there are better choices for pipes on that engine, it works really well with assocaited/ttr 2035 and with 9853 novarossi style pipes, i found the grp pipe kind of made the engine to soft, i had really good luck with the grp i ran the 6.5 restrictor and the 2035 got consistant 10 min run times and plenty of power
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:30 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to infanterene

The 2013 also works very well on the c6.
infanterene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:11 AM   #18
Tech Addict

what about the Orange restrictor. Is it best to run it with it. I took it out from the beginning, but I have noticed I need to run the low end rich.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Default grp

If the track is tight woth short straites and not a lot of room to really let the grp crank up to speed, don't get. GRP does not have that rip, bottom grunt that you need. Any 3 port motor should give you that. You can get a go motor for less than 200 dollars that has jut that. If you want to get fancier then at 300 you could get a v spec, or a ninja. Also at 300 dollars is novarossi's new plus4. That motor is crazy fast, has a lot of rip, and get 10 minutes a tank. I don't know much about rbs so i wouldn't know which one is their super great motor.

Another way to boost your power band is your pipe. Jp-3 is a good mid range but if you are looking for more power coming out of the corners get a Jp 2. Of course you can get a pipe that is tuned specifically for that motor: Like if you got a v spec you could get a 2060. Or a Novarossi pipe for a Novarossi.

For hop-ups on the 8ight...The hinge pin brace things.(The pin that holds the a arms on are held to gether by these braces on the front and rear of the front and rear diffs.) They can be up-graded to a stronger, beefed up version that also includes ajustable inserts.(thats really handy)

Obviously the stock tires are not that good. You will need to change those out. Get some good servos, good radio and you will be good to go. The
8ight 2.0 is real nice right out of the box.
Surprise, Arizona
AutieBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #20
Tech Regular

Default grp

If the track is tight woth short straites and not a lot of room to really let the grp crank up to speed, don't get. GRP does not have that rip, bottom grunt that you need. Any 3 port motor should give you that. You can get a go motor for less than 200 dollars that has jut that. If you want to get fancier then at 300 you could get a v spec, or a ninja. Also at 300 dollars is novarossi's new plus4. That motor is crazy fast, has a lot of rip, and get 10 minutes a tank. I don't know much about rbs so i wouldn't know which one is their super great motor.

Another way to boost your power band is your pipe. Jp-3 is a good mid range but if you are looking for more power coming out of the corners get a Jp 2. Of course you can get a pipe that is tuned specifically for that motor: Like if you got a v spec you could get a 2060. Or a Novarossi pipe for a Novarossi.

For hop-ups on the 8ight...The hinge pin brace things.(The pin that holds the a arms on are held to gether by these braces on the front and rear of the front and rear diffs.) They can be up-graded to a stronger, beefed up version that also includes ajustable inserts.(thats really handy)

Obviously the stock tires are not that good. You will need to change those out. Get some good servos, good radio and you will be good to go. The
8ight 2.0 is real nice right out of the box.
Surprise, Arizona
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Default posts

thats wierd, it posted it twice...
Surprise, Arizona
Old 12-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Buggydad, I race at hobby hut every week all summer and I can say that you do need bottom end grunt for their layouts. Most people I see running a C6 have way to much motor, traction is limited most days at the hut and all that motor with no way to get it on the ground equals busy marshals My Friend who comes and races with me every week runs a losi and the GRP motor and he has plenty of power for every track we go to. Mike and Allen at the shop are good guys and wouldnt try and sell you something they didnt think was good
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killabud View Post
Buggydad, I race at hobby hut every week all summer and I can say that you do need bottom end grunt for their layouts. Most people I see running a C6 have way to much motor, traction is limited most days at the hut and all that motor with no way to get it on the ground equals busy marshals My Friend who comes and races with me every week runs a losi and the GRP motor and he has plenty of power for every track we go to. Mike and Allen at the shop are good guys and wouldnt try and sell you something they didnt think was good
Cool ill see you the start of the seasonya Mike and Allen are great guys i try to get everything through them to support the track(just got the 8ight 2.0 fri).And they allways work with me but when asked if they could get the c6 they mentioned the grp and told me to check them out so i amIm not likeing what im hearing about the tuneing issue on other threads tho so iduno but the rbs i hade were very easy to tune and loved there power for the track but the 777 was another issue there way to ridgid

Where can i learn more about this c6 us spec (when is it coming out?)
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:33 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Buggydad....i must mention one engine and that is the NINJA JX 21. if anyone on here has ran the GRP, C6BB and Ninja jx 21..... and do not tell you that the JX has more bottom, gets on the power quicker and is smoother i think they are getting paid. it is $299 everywhere and it is worth it. like most i have ran as many as i can afford and this one in a truggy is close to perfect. just give it a thought.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I have owned both the GRP tuned version was a PITA from the start at 2 gallons I sold it, the c6 is a dream always fires right up will idle all day long with no issues or flameouts, I run a 5.5 venturi with a AE2035 in my RC8 buggy and pull 11 mins all day long. I have another RC8 buggy with a s3lg2 with a jp-4 and get over 12 mins with a 6 venturi and has great power for the smaller tighter tracks.

I am sticking with RB from now on no questions asked great engine last forever, my c6 has over 3 gallons and you can not turn the flywheel after it comes off the track even.

have owned them all v-spec-picco-jammin jpx-grp.

I did like my old ninja though but the GRP was a pita for me, a local buddy has the GRP and has had great luck with it so who knows.
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #26
Tech Addict

I am on GRP # 3. I am convinced that I can eventually have good luck with one. Zero defect has a RB ws7 that is an incredible motor.I should have gotten an RB. I will post when I get this 3rd GRP Tuned and let you guys know.I have toasted 2 of these within 2 gallons each.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

imo, I think the c6 is run best in a truggy. In a buggy I think it will just spin the tires up and cause to much tire wear. I have a grp tuned and also a rb s7 lg2. I love both of them. The grp gets alot better run time over the s7 and has more power top and bottom, but that I expected. But the s7 l2g is a engine you handle, it wont just light the tires up like the grp or c6. Remember faster isnt always better. Honestly, I havent got any better results as far as lap times with the grp over my old reliable s7
Old 12-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #28
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now with these beefy motors what are your flywheel clutch setups.I'm thinking going steel flywheel (losi black) 2 alum 2 pls with light springs to smoothen things out
buggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #29
Tech Addict

There has been way to many bad posts and reviews on the GRP motors. RB's do last longer and are just plain GREAT engines. You get what you pay for. THEY ARE WORTH THE MONEY!!! I have 4 gallon through my C6 and it still has great pinch and it has such good usable power. I have heard the "too much power" statementsm if the car is set-up correct and you can drive, wheel spin should not be an issue.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 09:10 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

THe tuning issues have not really been with the motor but rather the tuner From what I have heard and experienced with my buddys GRP it likes to be tuned from the bottom end more then the high needle. Seems that it likes to be a little fatter on the bottom then most engines. DOnt get me wrong, I have owned RB's in fact I have an S3 laying around for backup, they are great motors and will outlast most out there. I just agree with what was said above the C6 is better for a truggy, everytime I see it in a buggy the thing is just to much.
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote