Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best place to look at engine reviews? >

Best place to look at engine reviews?

Best place to look at engine reviews?

Old 12-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Best place to look at engine reviews?

cant remember the site i use to look at engine reviews.... there any good ones out there?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

amain normally has reviews on there website that you can read!
Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

One of your best reviews will be at the track, Look in the winner's circle and don't be afraid to ask questions.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminnay
amain normally has reviews on there website that you can read!

1/2 the reviews are BS Tho...i would NOT base anything of what the meat heads post on A-main's review's...go Talk to a local modder or the A-main guy who seems to Always take 1st or a spot on the podium...he will tell you which motor is best in his eyes.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's hard to find good info on engines. Everyone has a favorite and an opinion. Most people will suggest an engine to you that they've never even ran. Talking to your local hobby shop or racers is your best bet. Even they can be fan boi's though, so you never really know. I know there are engines out there that are cheaper than the big names that provide a lot of longevity, reliability, and quality. But in this sport you usually do get what you pay for. With that being said, I'm going to keep running Go Tech for a while until they do me wrong, bang for the buck I think they're spot on. I love the OS V-spec, but I don't want to pay for it until my engine becomes my limiting factor, right now my driving skills are the only thing keeping me off the podium, not my 3-port race engines.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I like x treame rc cars dyno results. They are all done on there x dyno with same fuel and pipes.

They put out a complete list of all the engines they dynoed at the begining of the year.

Just a good guide thats all.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the guys that always wins the amain here is using a reedy .21, and that motor isnt out yet. Thats the motor i want.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by aaron joy
One of your best reviews will be at the track, Look in the winner's circle and don't be afraid to ask questions.
+1 i always look at the fast peeps track side and see what they are using.

The other place i look for my engine reviews believe it or not, is RC CAR magazine.

You will find Stephen Bess at just about any club race here in southern California, he runs more than just a gallon through each engine before he gives his assessment. He also gets tips from the pros on which pipe/header combo to run.

They also break down each engine they test and review and add photos within each issue.

i think there has been a engine review in just about every issue! they have tested all different types of engines, from low budget mills to some of the more top of the line engines, all good read. Its worth checking out JMHO.

I heard they might have some interesting reviews on some killer engines here in the near future

Last edited by Jesse; 12-29-2008 at 09:19 PM.