R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   a few questions (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/262771-few-questions.html)

EDENjrow 12-28-2008 12:20 AM

a few questions

hey guys im new to the forums and rc cars.. so i was wondering if i could get some friendly tips.

so for christmas i got my first 1/8 scale petrol buggy.. after 3-4 hours of tuning with my dad we got it running quite well.. apart from the tires that come off when turning... there is 1 really bad one that comes of all the time.. another has come off once and another never come off but un glued.. my dad has put some silicon on them so they should last a while.. first question is..

1. where can i get some tired glue to stick the tires to the wheels?

2. where in melbourne can i find some good bmx tracks/rc tracks and/or clubs?

3. is it possible to install a roll cage in the car so it doesnt damage any parts when it flips/rolls?

if any of these questions could be answered that would be great, thanks :)

Mark_Australia 12-28-2008 12:33 AM

Just out of interest, what car?

Buggy tyres are glued on. Basically you fit the tyre then pull it away a couple mm and put a drop of superglue (CA) in there ... keep working around, a drop does 1-2cm or so or rim/tyre. Do both sides.
People will try to say you must use Proline or Losi or whatever CA glue but it is 99.9% the same as superglue. I use a $2 tube of Bostik or Magic Glue for 4 tyres and they don't come off when racing....
BTW you will have to get that silicone all off. Bummer. Remove the tyres and scrape / peel it all off, sane the contact area on the rims and clean both rims and tyres with metho (clean well).
Then superglue as above.

A good Aussie site is www.ausrc.com the forum has a clubs section which will point u in the right direction for Melbourne.

Don't worry about roll cages, the body is amazingly tough and when you roll the rear wing takes most or it.

EDENjrow 12-28-2008 12:53 AM

oh ok well my dad said silicon worked fine so we will probably just keep that (the tire came off after about 1 1/2 hours of driving because wasnt properly set)... ill have a look at that site too... and im just worried that if i crash the car it will damage as i dont use the shell of the car.. will that let more dirt in? (dumb Q i know but dirt will still get in anyway).

the car is an FS 1/8 scale nitro buggy its called 'spirit'
its not on the site the site only has 1/5 scale for some reason bt if you could find a site which has details about the car please post.. cheers

Integra 12-28-2008 09:23 AM

NOT ALL GLUE is created equal...that's all ill say.

rearviewmirror 12-28-2008 09:25 AM

I use Mercury CA glue, the medium type for tires. I rarely if ever have to re-glue them.

jamminnay 12-28-2008 01:27 PM

FUSION tire glue is by far the best