Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fioroni adjustable clutch choice

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 05:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default fioroni adjustable clutch choice

hi guys i am currently using the xray xb808 lightened 3 shoe conventional clutch and am not liking what the spring does to the clutchbell when they wear (maybe i let them wear too far) but am interested in an adjustable clutch and have seen the werks and fioroni off-road ones and both seem to be similar tho i have herd bad news about them both as the adjustable nut apparently does'nt stay in place and bogs the bottem end.

i have also looked at the fioroni 4 shoe 'quattro' adjustable clutch which seems like a solid clutch though have a few questions about it which are does this clutch have conventional type springs? or do the springs work differently? i cant tell by the picture from fioroni website and they do no provide enough info for the clutch. by looks alone i like but does it have enuf adjustability?

also does this clutch work well? and how do you adjust it? can you replace different tension springs or/and change the shoe mounting position.

also what do u guys think of the clutches you have owned and what do you think is best? is it worth spending the money on these high end adjustable clutches?

what do yas think i need a little help in deciding.
thanks for any help/info much appreciated.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Rookie

The Werks clutch uses a tapered ring instead of springs. Then a spring holds the ring on. So the ring moved front to back. You adjust it with the tightness of the nut that holds the spring. Works really well.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I use the fioroni turbo twin slider. with black carbon shoes and 2 hard springs. I know this is not the stlye you were looking for but I would suggest looking into it. I love mine. Best clutch I have used.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Addict

jamminkrazy i think i have that clutch alredy i got given it a while ago and never used it i just dug it up and tried to put it on but the brass collet cone shape thing seems either too small of a cone or too long as it is and may need to be ground down but not sure if that will work.

did you get a collet with your slide clutch? and is it bigger than the conventional ones?

mine has alot of play when i goto put it on the regular collet that came with engine.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use the Fironi Vario, (I have four of them now) Personally I love these, been running them almost a year, Zero issues, and the adjustment does make a differance, I use position 3 for truggy, #1 for buggy. All Alum. shoes in truggy, 1 carbon in buggy.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/20370
Old 12-26-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antman450
The Werks clutch uses a tapered ring instead of springs. Then a spring holds the ring on. So the ring moved front to back. You adjust it with the tightness of the nut that holds the spring. Works really well.
I have used the werks in the past I do not like the nut to adjust because you spring could lose tension and not have a constant.
The fioroni turbo twin slider clutch is a better choice you can change spring combo's or material of clutch shoes etc. I used one soft spring and one hard spring on carbon shoes or for endurance you can mix carbon with the blue shoes. If you have really lose hard packed conditions use blue shoes with soft springs there will be a lot of slip in the clutch but will give you slow hook up. Use carbon with hard springs look out snap it hooks up.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by downunder23
jamminkrazy i think i have that clutch alredy i got given it a while ago and never used it i just dug it up and tried to put it on but the brass collet cone shape thing seems either too small of a cone or too long as it is and may need to be ground down but not sure if that will work.

did you get a collet with your slide clutch? and is it bigger than the conventional ones?

mine has alot of play when i goto put it on the regular collet that came with engine.
YGPM
I use losi collets with mine(shorter) and use shims behind them to get the right spacing. If you don't use a shim behind it it will just barely(with a little dirt) scrape the case slightly. With a shim in there you will be good.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

i used a shim behind the collet and also had to use one after the flywheel to make it solid.

im just not sure if the shim behind collet is rubbing on the bearing bcuz the shaft isnt easy to turn in the engine although the engine is brand new maybe it just needs break in.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Tech Addict

ok guys what do yas all think about the werks 4 shoe adjustable?
what if you locktighted the nut to stop it from moving.

are they really that bad? surely they must have been tested.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i tried the werks clutch 3 times...and each time it would start working perfect then after a while it would start acting up and the nut did not budge. it believe the shoes where hanging up. with this clutch you do not have a spring to force them back in..i had bad luck with them
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by downunder23
hi guys i am currently using the xray xb808 lightened 3 shoe conventional clutch and am not liking what the spring does to the clutchbell when they wear (maybe i let them wear too far) but am interested in an adjustable clutch and have seen the werks and fioroni off-road ones and both seem to be similar tho i have herd bad news about them both as the adjustable nut apparently does'nt stay in place and bogs the bottem end.

i have also looked at the fioroni 4 shoe 'quattro' adjustable clutch which seems like a solid clutch though have a few questions about it which are does this clutch have conventional type springs? or do the springs work differently? i cant tell by the picture from fioroni website and they do no provide enough info for the clutch. by looks alone i like but does it have enuf adjustability?

also does this clutch work well? and how do you adjust it? can you replace different tension springs or/and change the shoe mounting position.

also what do u guys think of the clutches you have owned and what do you think is best? is it worth spending the money on these high end adjustable clutches?

what do yas think i need a little help in deciding.
thanks for any help/info much appreciated.
The Quattro clutches just arrived in the US and the only feedback I have is from Paul Coleman who has been running one in his MBX6. He says it works very well, good punch, consistent, etc. I am not sure if he is running the 2 or 3 setting.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i had the turbo slider in an xt8 with a mamba engine and i liked it alot. the shoes did not last as long as some i have heard but very consistent with good feel
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i think that adjustable clutches are a pain.. IF you really want an after market clutch i would go with the fironi twin slider
Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

M2C is by far the best clutch set up out there....with all the combo's and the decent price....the only thing mitch is lacking is some carbon shoes to mix things up when you dont want all the alum snap....I Hate Fioroni clutch's with a Passion.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Aside from one or two people who have nothing better to do but get online and bash Fioroni on every thread they can find, the Turbo Sliding clutch series has been successful ever since the first version was introduced over 5 ago. As for the Adjustable clutch (either the Werks or Fioroni versions), a common complaint seems to be the nut changing its setting. I have the Fioroni version on one of my engines, and it has been used (without any maintenance) on 3 different cars (off road buggy, on road GT car, and off road truggy) over the past 3+ months on a number of weekends, without a single incident of the nut coming loose or tightening. I use the blue locktight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.