R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Odonnell Z01T (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/262587-odonnell-z01t.html)

nitroal 12-26-2008 08:47 PM

Odonnell Z01T

Anyone got thier hands on one yet? A buddy of mine has an Odonnell ride for09 and has one coming. I am thinking of switching but having a hard time letting go of my rc8t. any experinced opinions out there?

MadRussian 12-26-2008 08:54 PM

Its gonna be nice for sure, but I am amped about the Z Car Truggy thats coming out, its going to be an uber truggy

yeaklet4 12-26-2008 09:00 PM

tower hobbies has the truggy on that easy pay of 3 payments

jamminnay 12-26-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by yeaklet4 (Post 5213570)
tower hobbies has the truggy on that easy pay of 3 payments

+1!! does not cost you a dime to use there money for three months... cant beat that!

Derekg88 12-26-2008 09:53 PM

I been running mine since the RC Pro Series Final, all I can say is WOW. It is absolutely amazing. It does everything you want it to do and is very stable.

It's tough as a nail too. You won't be disappointed with it at all.

Revo-daddy 12-27-2008 07:05 AM

Last I heard and on tower late Jan.

blktransam 12-27-2008 07:18 AM

nitroal you must be talking about Tony Bacon?

I have a hard time buying the Ztruggy, I am very happy with my AE rides just cant think I could be any faster with anything else then again thats what I thought when I ditched my 8ight after 1.5 years to go with the RC8 and out of the box I was .3-.5 secs faster eash lap.

nitroal 12-27-2008 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by blktransam (Post 5214327)
nitroal you must be talking about Tony Bacon?

yes i am. with his new sponsorship, he will be switching. since i have been leaning on him hard for support, i feel it would be in my best interest to keep running the same stuff as him. plus, he is my "body paint" sponsor ! lol. i think if it handles as good as the buggy, it won't be much of a change from the rc8t.

dam 12-27-2008 11:31 AM

Hey Al, I don't want to discourage from buying the ZO1T (I have the ZO1B and love it), but it looks like your running good with your RC8T, your sitting fourth after round one in the winter series. You know Tony will help you no matter what you are running, he offered welcomed unsolicited help to me and Frank The Tank AKA BullJava, this summer with our Losi 8ights and he already promised help on my Z once he gets his dialed.
I would for sure take a serious look at the ZT when your other buggy is worn but I know you just got your AE this fall and I hate to see someone drop that kind of cash when your running as well as you are. Just my 2 cents.

DAM AKA GBU

Frank The Tank 12-27-2008 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by dam (Post 5214881)
Hey Al, I don't want to discourage from buying the ZO1T (I have the ZO1B and love it), but it looks like your running good with your RC8T, your sitting fourth after round one in the winter series. You know Tony will help you no matter what you are running, he offered unsolicited help to me and Frankthetank AKA BullJava, this summer with our Losi 8ights and he already promised help on my Z once he gets his dialed.
I would for sure take a serious look at the ZT when your other buggy is worn but I know you just got you AE this fall and I hate to see someone drop that kind of cash when your running as well as you are. Just my 2 cents.

DAM AKA GBU

That be me!:D

charly71 12-27-2008 06:27 PM

wow looks like alot of guys from iowa are gonna be runnin odonnell cars this summer im holding out for the truck and the motor we have an indoor track here in iowa but i hate running nitro indoors so just gonna sit until spring. everybody ive talked to and the forums ive read on the net, nobody has anything negative to say about the buggy. i guess long waits and no hype can pay off in the long run. the truck looks like it has a few small updates compared to the buggy. i know who tony bacon is congrats on the odonnell sponsership.:nod: cam didnt try to get ya to run the caster?LOL:rolleyes:

mxtoeknee 12-28-2008 09:20 AM

Z01T

Although I am still waiting on my Truggy, I do have the buggy dialed for our tight indoor track. If anyone wants to try my setup, let me know your email address and I will send over a setup sheet. I watched the Truggy in Texas, it was amazing! The track was challenging, fast, loose, big jumps, and Holes. The truck stayed flat everywhere! What else can you say in regards to the quality of the O'Donnell Cars? They are first class, and you will be seeing a lot of guys here in the midwest making the switch. I am working on a setup guide that I will be passing on to Steve. If he likes what he see's, I will make it available on this forum and others for people to use to fine tune their rigs. Talk to you soon.

Derekg88 12-29-2008 07:47 PM

The trucks were good at the final's. We had 4 of them in the A Mains at the RC Pro Series Final's.

Everybody that was there, knows how rough that track was, and slipper in some spots.

It is an awesome truck.

rcjunky 12-29-2008 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Derekg88 (Post 5224015)
The trucks were good at the final's. We had 4 of them in the A Mains at the RC Pro Series Final's.

Everybody that was there, knows how rough that track was, and slipper in some spots.

It is an awesome truck.

Nobody cares how they were a month ago.....:lol: The only thing that matters is Santa or The Big Brown Truck didn't bring me mine for Christmas.....:mad:

mxtoeknee 12-30-2008 09:04 AM

Z01T

Trust me, I am impatient, and very excited to get this truck as well. From what I hear Testing is going good and they will be out soon, so hold off, it will be worth the wait. Im having a sticker made for mine that say's, "Told you so....." LOL