R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-28-2008, 08:14 AM   #46
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

The shock towers are aluminum but they are silver in color and thinner than what comes on the pro kits. They are fine unless you take some major hits and then you might bend one. You can pick up the pro towers for cheap on ebay so the towers aren't much of a concern for most rtr 8ight owners.

I also love MT's and have a couple now to keep me occupied while the buggy/truggy racing is at a standstill due to winter.

If you have any questions at any time feel free to ask me on here or through PM........
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #47
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

i ran the losi 8 buggy for over a year using the same servos. then agin i have fellow exp. racer go through 2 throttle servos jr 9000t's in back to back heats. I don't know but i also installed the kingheadz throttle servo support.
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 AM   #48
Tech Rookie

Awesome dudes, thanks for the tips.
Our track is closed for the season now too. Looking forward to the trug class next year. I've got a couple MT's I've been racing, just posted some pics over in the MT section. I'm headin out now to burn some MT nitro while I wait for the 8ight to show up!!
DX3, DX2
IndianJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

I raced in 2WD truck yesterday so I had to marshal the Expert Truggy race yesterday. Holy crap they were bad ass. The 8ight-T held it's own. It's funny because there was an 8T in the hands of one of our local pro's and in the hands of someone who wasn't as skilled. It was funny to see the spectrum of control on those things. Let's just say that the 8T 1.0 is more than enough for me for a long time to come. I am most impressed with the RC8T, that thing is amazing. In many cases I've witnessed just how tough they are. In any case though, I wasn't going to shell out $550 for an FT RC8, the 8T will serve me fine for a while.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #50
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Rearview your right with what you said. The 8T 1.0 is still among the top truggies out now. The 1.0 can hold its own against any other truggs. I will probably keep my newest T 1.0 for quite a while after the 2.0 is released just so I can compare the two on the track. Hopefully someone I know will buy a T 2.0 so I can try to feel any differences in handling on the track. New parts ALWAYS look nice on the bench but whether or not it makes a big impact on the dirt is what matters the most to me........
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

the 2.0 buggy is a good base line for how Little things can make a Major difference in the performance and handling of a given vehicle....couple mm here....better geometry there....and it all adds up....as long as they don't Force the zero off wheels on us...ill get one asap.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:09 PM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey rearview, Clay Grantham, i race at N-Control, i have the Sky Blue with Black Wheels Losi 8T that i know you seen yesterday. Im assuming you had the little red electric 2wd truck?? Ne way, i only seen 3 8Ts out yesterday, and they all belong to my family, Mine, my sisters, Red, Black, Silver, and my Dads, Wild Green with red bottom stripe.?? haha, none of us are pros! lol. If i had to buy a starter truck again, it would be the RC8T, they seem to handle much better, and corner better too. But, get one soon, we need mo trucks at our club days bro!!
motoclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #53
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoclay View Post
hey rearview, Clay Grantham, i race at N-Control, i have the Sky Blue with Black Wheels Losi 8T that i know you seen yesterday. Im assuming you had the little red electric 2wd truck?? Ne way, i only seen 3 8Ts out yesterday, and they all belong to my family, Mine, my sisters, Red, Black, Silver, and my Dads, Wild Green with red bottom stripe.?? haha, none of us are pros! lol. If i had to buy a starter truck again, it would be the RC8T, they seem to handle much better, and corner better too. But, get one soon, we need mo trucks at our club days bro!!
Hello Clay.. Nice to meet you. Yep.. I was racing the RC10 truck yesterday. I'm new to the whole thing. The guy driving the RC8T yesterday was ripping it up, that guy is fast. The 8T's looked good too. Was that your sister driving the red one? I remember that truck, it was always very cautious in the rhythm section. I'm looking forward to racing Truggy, that class looks to be the most fun. Of all of them I've seen the RC8T seems to be the baddest one going. (I didn't see any MBX5T's out there yet.) I wanted to wait until the MBX6T comes out, but the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm a fan of Team AE. Now I'll have an 8T, and an MBX6, along with an FT RC8. From those I'll pick the ones I like the best and sell the rest. The 8T will keep me going until I want to spend the dosh on an RC8T. There's a guy from RCFiles who doesn't race but has a new RC8T w/ an OS .28, it's amazing how tough his RC8T is, he puts it through its paces.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #54
Tech Addict

Jerome "Snoop" Allison had a MBX5T out there yesterday, it was Yellow and White. But yeah, i vote RC8T for the best truck out right now. I havent been racing long at all, but those trucks handle so well and seem to fly with ease. Before i stock a million Losi Parts, im gonna get me an RC8T before its all over with. However, the Losi 2.0 buggys are insane!!! They handle very well, and rip too. Sooooooo, i may hold off all together and see the 2.0T before i make my final decision, i do know that i will only race one brand, get a good collection of parts and stick with it, cuz it would suck to change gears and have to restart that process again!!! lol We will be at the track together again, hopefully you will have a truck soon!
Old 12-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Jerome "Snoop" Allison had a MBX5T out there yesterday, it was Yellow and White. But yeah, i vote RC8T for the best truck out right now. I havent been racing long at all, but those trucks handle so well and seem to fly with ease. Before i stock a million Losi Parts, im gonna get me an RC8T before its all over with. However, the Losi 2.0 buggys are insane!!! They handle very well, and rip too. Sooooooo, i may hold off all together and see the 2.0T before i make my final decision, i do know that i will only race one brand, get a good collection of parts and stick with it, cuz it would suck to change gears and have to restart that process again!!! lol We will be at the track together again, hopefully you will have a truck soon!
I agree with you, until I get the MBX6 and the RC8 on the track I won't know which I really prefer. I definitely dig Team AE for their parts availability and just overall user friendliness. I've always wanted a Mugen. In fact, I bought the MBX6 because when I was a kid in Middle School there was Kyosho, then this elite car by the name of Mugen that I always wanted. So I figured what the heck. I heard the MBX6 is amazingly strong too, so I might prefer it over the RC8, the buy an MBX6T when they come out in the spring. Got to get down to one brand! Ugh.. I have a Losi 8T coming in the mail.. well I'll learn the Truggy class with it, then upgrade someday.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM   #56
Tech Addict

well, whatever color you buy, look foward to swappin paint with ya!!! Love the Truck Class, i do want to build a buggy, for the weekends i want to run something different. Its alot of work if you run 2 cars in one day. You are either racin or marshallin, and then if you have any problems, you really cant fix em cuz of the required marshallin. It gets to be real hectic real fast. I had a buggy for bout 3 weeks, raced it twice, it was fun, but the buggy i had was wore out and just wrong all together. I really like the 2.0, the thing about Losi is they are EASY to work on. I already have the 1.0T RTR chassis that i race weekly. I would love to build a 2.0 buggy and then hopefully the 2.0T would be just as slick and keep with the little bit of parts i already have and so forth. ITs an addictive hobby and i love it, the track crew is awesome. Paul will be posting for a rebuild soon im sure. I usually bring my Kubota over to help out with all of that as well. I just hope 2009 picks up in the economic side of things so i can really play hard with the r/c cars!
Old 12-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:
well, whatever color you buy, look foward to swappin paint with ya!!! Love the Truck Class, i do want to build a buggy, for the weekends i want to run something different. Its alot of work if you run 2 cars in one day. You are either racin or marshallin, and then if you have any problems, you really cant fix em cuz of the required marshallin. It gets to be real hectic real fast. I had a buggy for bout 3 weeks, raced it twice, it was fun, but the buggy i had was wore out and just wrong all together. I really like the 2.0, the thing about Losi is they are EASY to work on. I already have the 1.0T RTR chassis that i race weekly. I would love to build a 2.0 buggy and then hopefully the 2.0T would be just as slick and keep with the little bit of parts i already have and so forth. ITs an addictive hobby and i love it, the track crew is awesome. Paul will be posting for a rebuild soon im sure. I usually bring my Kubota over to help out with all of that as well. I just hope 2009 picks up in the economic side of things so i can really play hard with the r/c cars!
Sounds like you have a plan! I bought way too many cars, I've only been back in the game for a month! Oh well, I'll sell or loan out to friends the cars I use the least. No better way to get people in the sport than to loan them a pimped out RC8 for some laps at the track. Time for a rebuild huh? Did you see the thread I posted on RCFiles with the pictures of the tracks in Minnesota? I hope they adopt some of those features. I think the track should be longer, there's plenty of real estate there, some room to run would be nice. I think the 1/10 track should be enlarged as well, which some taller features on it. On the 1/8, I think you should reward those who go big off the jumps, meaning the landing ramp should be far, then those who don't hit it hot are the ones hitting flat ground, and those who go big get the landing ramp, right now if you go big on the two main jumps you get nothing but flat ground.

I've heard that about the racing multiple classes, too bad there aren't more course marshal volunteers. I would like some time to work on the car, charge batteries, and drink a beer.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM   #58
Tech Addict

well, the track design is soley Paul's decision. We try and get as close to his idea as possible, The track varies in technicality and speed from each build. I was in on the last two layouts, this one we have now is def. more open than the previous 2 i have run on. When i first started racing the track was TIGHT, the layout after was a little faster with BIG DOUBLES in the middle, which was awesome. There are few staples that stay at the track, the elevation in the middle, the big bowl turn by the pits, and all of the high banks are permanent. When he posts up, you will have to come out and run a shovel or water hose. Shane Wells and Myself are able to do most of the dirt moving with our tractors. ITs just as fun building the track as it is racing i think, but, i do drive the tractor most of the day so that may have a little to do with it.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:57 AM   #59
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

what track in MN ? Bowman's in Alexandria ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:02 PM   #60
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
what track in MN ? Bowman's in Alexandria ?
http://www.mnnitroseries.com/modules...s.html&index=1