R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2008, 08:21 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
now you can stock up on throttle servos for the same price as before!!!

R
I have some cheap "temp" $30 servos in my 8ight and have no problems. You have to be a moron, to not be able to follow directions and set the linkage up.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:22 AM   #32
Tech Master
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 1,844
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue.coupe View Post
I got one from MH also!! Electric conversion plans here too...


Now what works best the Tekno or Losi conversion?
I'm doing a lot of research right now so I can't answer that yet. I'm converting an RC8 and the 8ight-T. I'd like to standardize, meaning I'd like to run a Tekno or Monster RC kit in both if possible. Obviously if I run a Losi on the 8ight I can't do the same for the RC8. There are some good threads in the electric forum regarding brushless conversions, I'm just trying to take it all in now.

Some good threads for reference:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html
Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.
__________________
ARCTIC DOG RACING (Nitro free since 2009)

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:29 AM   #33
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
I'm doing a lot of research right now so I can't answer that yet. I'm converting an RC8 and the 8ight-T. I'd like to standardize, meaning I'd like to run a Tekno or Monster RC kit in both if possible. Obviously if I run a Losi on the 8ight I can't do the same for the RC8. There are some good threads in the electric forum regarding brushless conversions, I'm just trying to take it all in now.

Some good threads for reference:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...on-thread.html
Official: Novak's 1/8 Scale Nitro to Electric Conversion Kits
Electric 1/8th Scale conversion kits.

The losi kit is a real good value.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:44 AM   #34
Tech Regular
 
blue.coupe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dresden TN
Posts: 377
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to blue.coupe
Default

I think Castle Creations is also coming out with some conversion kits also? I will most likely be running their MMM 2200 setup.
blue.coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #35
Tech Master
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 1,844
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiMadMan View Post
The losi kit is a real good value.
Will the Losi kit work with the Castle Creation ESC/NeuMotor?
__________________
ARCTIC DOG RACING (Nitro free since 2009)

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #36
Tech Rookie
 
IndianJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 9
Default

I picked up an 8ight-T RTR from amain yesterday. They had 10 when they opened yesterday.
(1st post, figured I'd do it here)
__________________
Losi 8ight-T
OS powered bash Revo
3.3 powered race Revo
DX3, DX2
IndianJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:14 AM   #37
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

nope not a moron, just a casual observer from the flashlight side.

dean, how many did paulie go thru before he changed trugs? seems like 1 every 2wks back in 07 season. 3wks tops. i wont comment on the RTR, 590s are scary enuff.

nice ride, still remember when they came out no1 could find 1 and somehow there was 1 sittin in the hobbytown denver (was on a training seminar out there with a 'per diem credit card' HEHE), sadly underneath some evaders. almost did it but passed.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #38
Tech Elite
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,242
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

a-main price on the truggy has jumped up to 329...........
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:19 AM   #39
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianJim View Post
I picked up an 8ight-T RTR from amain yesterday. They had 10 when they opened yesterday.
(1st post, figured I'd do it here)


Welcome to the site IndianJim.

The 8ight T RTR is a solid truggy with a good radio as well. The 427 engine has plenty of power and is a solid performer. The only thing I would add is a couple good servos. If you are tight on cash I would just put a good one on the throttle for now as it's better to lose steering than to lose throttle control...

Also swap out the stock diff grease for some good losi diff fluids. 7/10/2 works well for me in a truggy. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask as there are a TON of people on here who know a lot about r/c's.

peace
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #40
Tech Master
 
rearviewmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Melbourne / Austin
Posts: 1,844
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Welcome to the site IndianJim.

The 8ight T RTR is a solid truggy with a good radio as well. The 427 engine has plenty of power and is a solid performer. The only thing I would add is a couple good servos. If you are tight on cash I would just put a good one on the throttle for now as it's better to lose steering than to lose throttle control...

Also swap out the stock diff grease for some good losi diff fluids. 7/10/2 works well for me in a truggy. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask as there are a TON of people on here who know a lot about r/c's.

peace
Does Losi use grease or silicone diff fluid in their race rollers?
__________________
ARCTIC DOG RACING (Nitro free since 2009)

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #41
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 10,180
Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)
Default

Both 8ight race roller's come with silicone fluid already in the diffs.


He bought the RTR 8ight T which doesn't. Both RTR 8ight's use grease inside the diffs.
MattP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 10:16 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
blktransam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: IOWA
Posts: 4,242
Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Default

if I rember right when I bought mine over a yr ago it was grease.....but do not quote me on that. eighter way pull them out and re do them from the get-go.
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 PM   #43
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
nope not a moron, just a casual observer from the flashlight side.

dean, how many did paulie go thru before he changed trugs? seems like 1 every 2wks back in 07 season. 3wks tops. i wont comment on the RTR, 590s are scary enuff.

nice ride, still remember when they came out no1 could find 1 and somehow there was 1 sittin in the hobbytown denver (was on a training seminar out there with a 'per diem credit card' HEHE), sadly underneath some evaders. almost did it but passed.

R

It's funny how observers open their mouths first without ever owning the buggy/truggy in question. I really don't care how many paulie went through, maybe he needs to learn basic instruction following and common sense. It's easy to observe someone who doesn't know what they are doing.
LosiMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #44
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

well i've observed the vehicle, pitted for them, and rebuilt front and rear clips in full for folks in between race wkends...so i can comment on the car/truck. it was my .02 on it. so sorry if it throws your world outta equilibrium.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:03 AM   #45
Tech Rookie
 
IndianJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Newark DE
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattP View Post
Welcome to the site IndianJim.

The 8ight T RTR is a solid truggy with a good radio as well. The 427 engine has plenty of power and is a solid performer. The only thing I would add is a couple good servos. If you are tight on cash I would just put a good one on the throttle for now as it's better to lose steering than to lose throttle control...

Also swap out the stock diff grease for some good losi diff fluids. 7/10/2 works well for me in a truggy. If you have any ?'s feel free to ask as there are a TON of people on here who know a lot about r/c's.

peace
Thanks for the welcome Matt, long time MT racer here, but finally steppin up. I've already got a few JR servo's laying around to put in it. Yeah as far as the grease in the diffs, that will be changed out quickly. Not sure why they put grease in them. I figure people will put what they want in them.

I was wondering about the shock towers. Are they aluminum on the RTR?

I was going to get the roller, but when they dropped the price to $499 on the RTR, I figured what the heck. I'll probably sell the TX, already have a DX3 and M11.

Again thanks for the welcome. I'll keep you posted with all the questions I'm sure I'll have.

-Jim
__________________
Losi 8ight-T
OS powered bash Revo
3.3 powered race Revo
DX3, DX2
IndianJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Losi Eight T race roller Turbo Head R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 03-18-2009 06:02 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:20 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net