R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default USPS Help

I traded with slo supra and i received a rc8t. He sent it insured and delivery comfirmation. the carrier mistakenly left it at my door and it dissapeared. It was insured for $400. I have been reading online about the USPS horror stories about trying to get a claim. for anyone that has done this i need help. I do not have proof of purchase or a canceled check because it was a trade and i guess its on me to prove the value at time of shipping? I have a print out of Amain's rc8t and price I hope this works. If you run the tracking number you get this:

Label/Receipt Number: 2503 8555 7490 8981 7602

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:43 AM on December 1, 2008 in GEORGETOWN, DE 19947 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. No further information is available for this item.

I got this message the day I went to the post office to get the package and it was not there. they called the carrier and she said she left it on the step she said she did not notice the delivery comfirmation.

I have read online about similar situations where the USPS said it was to the discretion of the carrier. thnanks
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i would take in the printout from amain and see what happens.. i would have a fit if she left it and it disappeared.. i received a notice from usps today saying i had to go pick up a package because they would not leave it.
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

# General Information, Suggestions, and Complaints 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)

I always call that number, any time i have a problem with a package, or with post office employees... If it was insured, with delivery confirmation, and the carrier leaves the box. I would think they are totally responsible, and realize that.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BrettL
Default Who's telling the truth?

Sounds like you're getting 2 different stories. She says she left it and their records say she left a notice. I should think it would be on them either way. If I were you and had to persue one route (pun intended) or the other, I'd use their own papertrail against them. Papertrail being the notice they claim to of left. Otherwise she might be able to claim she left it and at that point it was your problem a if it got stolen. Just my 2 cents. Sure hope everything works out well.
BrettL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:06 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

You have the notice and it says they have it....So in all they still do even if they lost it. Use the paper slip and push them to the end. I hate the usps they loose way to much of my stuff.:flaming :

If you can make it I can break it
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BrettL
Default USPS

Yeah, they cut their own throats with that notice confirmation.
BrettL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to CmdGrimlock

That just sucks. Stupid delivery person not reading the instructions properlly. Here in Aus the AusPost service just leaves it and runs, which sucks, leaves it on your door or mail box. They dont knock at the door or anything to say its delivered.

My wife went to go out the front yesterday and when she opened the front screen door slammed it into a package of RC Bits that came sooner then I expected, so she didnt expect to have anything in the way. Lucky it wasnt easily breakable

Best of luck with the claim, they have certainly stuffed up!
[SIZE="1"][b]* HPI Baja 5B RTR 2.0[/b] [color=blue]::[/color] Hopin' It Up!!! [color=blue]::[/color] [url=http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-larger-scales-more/285144-knock-knock-whos-there-baja-pieces-arrive.html#post5599536]Build and HopUp Thread - Come Say Hi![/url] :)
[b]* Mugen Seiki MBX5T [/b][color=blue]::[/color] GO Racing .21 7 Port :: GO Femca 8081 Pipe [color=blue]::[/color] Thanks to [url=http://www.rchobbyzone.com.au/Home.php]RCHobbyZone[/url] :sneaky:
[b]* Hyper 8 PRO [/b][color=blue]::[/color] OS-30VG :: TT Tuned Pipe :tire: - I think I might sell it :D
[b]* JR XS3 Radio[/b] [color=blue]::[/color] Needing More Receivers! :( (JR-310 27Mhz incase you wanna know)
[/SIZE]
CmdGrimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I think it is in the hands of the sender, somewhat. The insurance policy is "owned" by the person that sent it (sender) and/or purchased the policy. You will need to get the cooperation of whomever sent it and has the reciept with their name on the policy to collect.

I am going to tell you though you may be in for a potential battle. I had a toolbox shipped to me and it was damaged. They wanted pics of the damage, how it was shipped, pics of the shipping box, etc. It took me like 3-4 months and the key was being a persistant pain in the A$$ to them. Once the claim was finally approved, they sent the money to the guy that sent the box (and had bought the policy upon shipping). He then sent me the money. For them, they can turn the claim in a collect the money and only pay the owner of the policy if they keep after them.

By the way UPS SUCKS!!!
Old 12-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

they never left me a notice, what I posted earlier

Label/Receipt Number: 2503 8555 7490 8981 7602

We attempted to deliver your item at 11:43 AM on December 1, 2008 in GEORGETOWN, DE 19947 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. No further information is available for this item.

is from going on the computer and looking at the tracking number. the carrier said she left it then scanned it as she didnt leave it. either way the electronic trail show it at the post office and its not there. I go tomarrow fo file my claim. it says on the form the addressee can file the claim. i called slo supra but he nevers answers but he does answer my pms its just harder to work out the details pming each other. he did send me the receipts and insurance papers though I am sure hes busy for the holidays, but as if anyone lost 400+ dollars they would be impatient as well LOL. Don't make me go postal on them LOL. I got a real big gym bag!LOL

the proof of value worries me how to prove how much its worth when I have no receipt. I did speak to the post master and she said that the carrier would have to pay out of her pocket.
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

I -think- you are in good shape because of the status showing that it should be at the post office but isn't. Take a screenshot of that status page and save it in case they change it on you. Write down the name of the people you talked to at the local office that said it's not there, because story's might start to change soon.

As for proving the value, if the insuarance was valued at $400 that's what you should get. The actual value should not matter since you (or the shipper) paid extra for $400 worth of coverage.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
vr6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

knock on wood here for me, but i have never had a problem with usps 2day priority. i don't know the extent of delivery confirmation. but my local carrier has always waited to hand the package to me or my wife, never have they left it at the door. i know they have walked inside my porch and set it next to my door.

i hope you get your issued resolved. but it looks like they still have it. they said attempted to deliver

Also my local track Race em r/c. Rockford Illinois
vr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #12
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I ship hundreds of packages via USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation and have only seen one package get lost in 4 years. I did have 2-3 get delivered like 3 weeks late (probably mis-routed). I print out the labels (like the click-n-ship labels) so they are very clear and easy to read.

BUT, if I ever ship anything out of any good value (such as a car kit, engine, etc), I ALWAYS add Signature Confirmation.

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 PM   #13
Tech Regular

I know that this a little too late BUT....I ALWAYS have everything shipped to my place of work. In my situation, there is someone there all the time. And if you are shipping to a buisness, they usually get priority over residence deliveries. If you don't have the option of delivering it your place of buisness...then get a buddy to help you out so it can end up somewhere safe.

The guy that you traded with has proof that it was insured right? It should be a closed case since one of you paid for the insurance. He should have receipt proving the transaction with USPS.

I mean RC8Ts are priceless.... but at the very least you won't be out the money. Just trying to lighten up the mood here.

Good luck!!!

Thank You!!

Last edited by Mr.Mellow; 12-22-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Mr.Mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:52 PM   #14
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ive had packages sit outside for over two days without any notice, they left it on the side of the house, where my mailbox was not even at. Rained and got soaked. Luckily it was just a body but still. The problem with USPS is that their delivery box is only the size of the letter so whatever is bigger, they just find a place for. I always use UPS to ship out. More of a hassle for me, but I can make sure the person actually receives the item. Good luck and let us know what happens
Nitroburner9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Dark_gouki Send a message via Yahoo to Dark_gouki Send a message via Skype™ to Dark_gouki

Ups has a nasty habit of leaving packages on the side of houses, i had a package sit on the side of my house for 2 days while i was outa town. i would have been pissed if it would have come up missing. das why i only use usps they are pretty reliable.

S2D= Novak 8.5T
M18= Tekin 9200kv
All My Whips Are SBD (Silent But Deadly)
Dark_gouki is offline   Reply With Quote