R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

kinda don't wanna hijack your thread, BUT..

I ordered USPS First class (2-5 day shipping) from Amain on thurs and on there tracking (usps.com) it's said the same thing for the past 5 days, lol. Package accepted in Chico cali, or whatever.

Is USPS slow on updating their tracking info?

[/end thread hijack]
rrawrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:34 PM   #17
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

USPS seem to never update there tracking ive had a 10-18 day package to Australia saying this for a month now

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 23, 2008 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

It should have come 2 weeks ago

i had another package arrive looking like.
USPS Help-usps-package.jpg
It also took over a month to get here and it was a 4-6 day EMS express package

There service used to be great. it was cheap and fast.
Now it is rediculously overpriced and never arrives on time

TIX Race Designs. Plaig Bearings. Thunder Innovations
TIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrawrrrrr View Post
kinda don't wanna hijack your thread, BUT..

I ordered USPS First class (2-5 day shipping) from Amain on thurs and on there tracking (usps.com) it's said the same thing for the past 5 days, lol. Package accepted in Chico cali, or whatever.

Is USPS slow on updating their tracking info?

[/end thread hijack]

To assit-a-jack...

I have serval packages due for arrival yesterday. The USPS info stated they were at the local PO at 504am. I would have gotten them today too.. IF the postal worker ever showed up... as of 1010pm when I left for work no one had. I waited all day.
I still like USPS for cost/general service. I can't stand FedEx, and UPS is never consistant with delivery times.

NOW my hijack assist is over!
Old 12-23-2008, 03:45 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIX View Post
i had another package arrive looking like.
Attachment 399484
It also took over a month to get here and it was a 4-6 day EMS express package
Dang.. did you ask the driver if he was on the island with Tom Hanks or something?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:25 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

You know its getting bad when a mail person leaves a package on top of the mail box because it wont fit inside. This person put the flag up to hold it on top, just sitting there for all to see by a major road. Lazy IMO I guess there not required to leave the truck anymore to leave it by the front door? And I do live in a nice neighborhood too.......
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Important point. Delivery confirmation with USPS isn't the same as signature confirmation. For delivery confirmation the carrier simply scans it and notes they delivered it to you. I think you're in good shape regardless b/c their system shows they have it for you to pick up, and of course they can't find it.
cjtamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 AM   #22
Tech Elite

If at all possible I use UPS or Fed Ex, USPS is a gamble in my opinion.
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:24 AM   #23
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
If at all possible I use UPS or Fed Ex, USPS is a gamble in my opinion.
Ditto on that. We have had several issues with USPS this year. Lost and/or late.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by modhobby View Post
Ditto on that. We have had several issues with USPS this year. Lost and/or late.
Yeah they are simply not reliable imho.
I have had stuff from e-bay from CA show up in 3 days, but something from Fla take 3 weeks!!
Inexcusable. I am glad modhobby does not use usps!
But then again modhobby rocks anyway
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 07:44 AM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've had excellent results with USPS like I said earlier.....BUT, I do three things:

1] I use a printed out label that is clear.
2] I use their USPS Priority Mail boxes that they send you for FREE.
3] I always tape up the boxes with premium packing tape. I don't trust the self stick flaps. I also tape up all edges of the flat rate envelopes and put a strip on both sides down the middle so the automated machines don't tear into the envelope.

Personally I think they "respect" their own USPS boxes/envelopes more than a brown cardboard box or mailer. You can walk into any post office and get the boxes/envelopes for FREE. Priority Mail is not much more than Parcel Post either. The Delivery Confirmation is FREE if you print the label online plus they discount it 5%.

For the FREE boxes and the cost you really can't beat the USPS. When I send dealer orders out to someone like Amainhobbies I use the USPS Flat Rate Box. I'll stuff that thing with over 20 lbs of alloy steel screw kits and it only costs $9.30 to ship. Normal Priority mail would be over $30 but the flat rate box saves everyone a ton of money. Same thing for shipping to International locations. I use the USPS Priority Mail flat rate envelope and it's only $12 to most locations ($10 to Canada or Mexico). I can stick up to 4 lbs in it. If I were to use UPS or FedEx it would probably cost over $20 or $30 to ship International for a $20 to $50 screw kit. I even use the USPS Flat Rate Box for International dealers too. I sent two 20 lb boxes to Kuwait a few weeks ago and it cost $74 ($37 each). UPS or FedEx would have cost almost $300. I spoke to my distributor in Kuwait and he received both boxes in about a week. Not bad considering the location....LOL

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:42 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had a box returned to me because a guy had moved and when I got it back it was in a different box. My old box was inside and was just the label of my old box ripped off and my part broken in pieces inside. USPS re-boxed it and even stamped it "found loose in transit" and said they put it in another box. I had copies of everything and even brought the box back to the post office to show them "THERE STAMP" of what they did and after everything was said and done they denied it! What am I going to do? Sue the GOV'T? LMAO!