R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default Jammin JPX .21

hey guys, i checked the JPX .21 thread and did not really get much help so ill ask around. does anybody have much experience with this engine? how smooth is it throughout the power band? is it more low end or high end power? how would it do with a low end pipe? how would you feel about running it as a dedicated race engine at local events? do you feel it is alot of engine for the price? would you pay more than 230 for it? anything and everything you would like to add would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! thanks from a new member!
heeltoedrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Funny ya ask.....

I have a little experience with them. I have been using a friends used one, as a back up, since my GRP has seen its day finally.

I really like the Jammin 21. It has gobb's of power, pretty much all over. It's not as smooth as my GRP, thats for sure, but it rockets around. It has power all over, but may take a little getting used to the delivery.

I am going to be buying this used one, for a back up, and looking into buying a new one to use as my race engine. For the price, you simply cannot beat it.

I know there are stories out there that they have carb issues, bearings go out quick, yada yada yada... but I have other friends that have ran these, and they have not had those problems. I know the one that I am using now, has not had any of those issues, so its hard to say. It could just be how you take care of it. This one has been taken care of, and it has plenty of fuel though it.

MY opinion is that in this price range, this one is at the top of my list. The only others I find interesting is the GRP (Non Tuned), and the Sirio engine. Once you get in the 300.00 range, you may as well look at the GRP (Tuned- an Awsome engine!), and plenty of the others.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

heeltoe...itsshemp is the one i am talking about who is "supposely" buying my motor. he actually is saying the same thing i told you and i didn't even talk to him before these post. this actually works pretty good for you because you have a couple of opinions from someone who has been doing this for awhile and some who has about a year under his belt.

AKA Products, Team Losi, Track Star Racing, Tekno RC, Hitec RCD, LRP, Schelle Racing, Imagine It Graphics, EKD, VP/PowerMaster fuels
stipres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:07 PM   #4
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

The jammin Motors, are both the best out there for the price, granted I did say for the price. you will not find a better engine in the $200 range for a .28 or .21. They are screamers! tons of power throughout the entire band. Good fuel mileage, easy to tune. (they only have 2 needles) break in is a snap, but you will need a heat gun. couple the JPX .21 with the Dynamite or Ofna 053 pipe with a double bent manifold that looks like this ]. I promise you it will keep up with all the $400-$500 engines on the track. If anyone tells you it is as good as a Ninja, or a speed, or a few other $500 engines, well that's just not true, but for the price, you can't beat it. I have one in my truggy, and it's one of the top 5 engines I've ever bought. after 8 years of Nitro RC that's saying allot
Old 12-22-2008, 08:19 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i have not owned one, but of course a friend of mine has one and it runs real strong and looked like a handfull on a slick track.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I loved this engine! Held a tune perfect. I run on a smaller track so Gary Guest told me to use a JP-1 because the motor has plenty up top, but we wanted to bias it towards my track.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:43 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
The jammin Motors, are both the best out there for the price, granted I did say for the price. you will not find a better engine in the $200 range for a .28 or .21. They are screamers! tons of power throughout the entire band. Good fuel mileage, easy to tune. (they only have 2 needles) break in is a snap, but you will need a heat gun. couple the JPX .21 with the Dynamite or Ofna 053 pipe with a double bent manifold that looks like this ]. I promise you it will keep up with all the $400-$500 engines on the track. If anyone tells you it is as good as a Ninja, or a speed, or a few other $500 engines, well that's just not true, but for the price, you can't beat it. I have one in my truggy, and it's one of the top 5 engines I've ever bought. after 8 years of Nitro RC that's saying allot
+100%

With a OS 2050 pipe, lots of power and runtime for the $
Old 12-23-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
Tech Regular

i have been running the Jammin motors since they came out and i will tell you that they are everybit as fast as the $400-$500 engines out there. the only thing that you gain from thiose $500+ enigine is maybe a minute of runtime. One thing to note about runtime is that if you arnt making the a-mains than its not that big of deal. if you do make the a-main and they are less than 45 min it doesnt really apply either because with the Jammin motor you can pit at 7 1/2 min all day no problems (this goes into most main lengths evenly). if the race is 45 min. you can save a stop by pitting at 9min. i have done this with my jammin .21 but it was close you may have a better chance with a $500+ dollar engine, but you could buy 2 Jammin .21 for that. i think that the price throws people off on this engine. THIS IS A RACE ENGINE. mine have lasted a long long time.

the best pipe for this is the JP1 or JP4. the 4 has a ton of mid to top. but i like the JP1 cuz i feel like the JP4 has too much power.

questions please e-mail Manufacturerscup@gmail.com don't PM (i dont ever check it)
Manufacturercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 10:56 AM   #9
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My combo with the Jammin .21 is a JP-2 I had a JP-3 on it last week and had way too much torque, my engine has so much spank on it I've geared up and mellowed it out with the JP-2 it has several runs on it and in some cases has overheated due to a bad tank and is still running.
-R2- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to drs92

how does it compare to the go .21 5port and go .25 5 port?
drs92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 04:20 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek_18mt View Post
how does it compare to the go .21 5port and go .25 5 port?
I think the Go engines are a littttttle bit cheaper, but when your only looking at a few bucks, I just always seem to lean toward the Jammin.
Hot Bodies/HPI - Track Star Services - Triton R/C - Alpha Plus Engines - Radiopost - Hemet Competition Raceway (HCR) - Hemet R/C (R.I.P)
itsshemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:19 PM   #12
Tech Master

I have had the picco motors go a really long time, like 13 gallons before I had to keep on the tune at every round. I have also had one let bearings go at 3 gal then the rod less than 3 gallons after that. I still say its one of the best motors you can buy if you like lots of bottom with very good top reguardless of price. Only downer is if your coming from v-spec power feels the same but run time aint. Depending on weather & how spaztic I get with my finger this motor goes 7-9 1/2 min. I get real nervous at the 7 min mark though.

I see above that someone is running a 2050 with it. I couldnt make that work but it was a very hot day with lots of humidity(over 100 deg + 98% hum) so it wasnt a fair trial I am ready to give it another try though.Wish me luck
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #13
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

FYI,,,the JP pipes are fuel hogs try the 053 pipe and see your runtime increase..and a much smother powerband, with tons of low end grunt, and screamin top end..just try it. 053 pipe is like $50 new, buy one used for $20
Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

I am running that 2050 combo indoors 75 - 80 ft straightaway. It is a beast in there with that pipe. Outside it is not as good as the OS speed, but what is? I am also comfortable with 7.5 - 8 min with the Jammin.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Who makes the 053?