R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-13-2009, 08:47 PM   #91
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post

Thanks. Anyone have aan opinion if this engine is worth spending 75 bucks on bearings?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #92
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

if the bearings are the only thing wrong..then yes, replace them, but not with stockers...get TKO ceramics..they are $45 for both bearings and will last longer...If the engine needs other work, or parts....keep it for spare parts and buy a whole new engine.

The engine rocks! but to invest $75-$150 into parts for a $200 engine is kinda silly
Old 02-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #93
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
if the bearings are the only thing wrong..then yes, replace them, but not with stockers...get TKO ceramics..they are $45 for both bearings and will last longer...If the engine needs other work, or parts....keep it for spare parts and buy a whole new engine.

The engine rocks! but to invest $75-$150 into parts for a $200 engine is kinda silly
Which TKO bearings go in this engine?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:11 AM   #94
Tech Lord

Not sure of the sizes..call Nitrohouse 1-800-928-0304, or maybe someone else can post you a link to the corrrect sizes
Old 02-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #95
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

anybody know of a aftermarket head that works on the .21? does the trinity phatt head made for the drake engines work. please pm me if you know
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #96
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG RE View Post
anybody know of a aftermarket head that works on the .21? does the trinity phatt head made for the drake engines work. please pm me if you know

yes the phat head works....but is on the heavier side.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #97
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thanks
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #98
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to NsideLine

Quote:
I agree with Integra windell, you are streching your button and may have stripped threads. go back to the Picco's and replace the button. OS is a wider taper, and not a good fit for the jammin engine. i would guess you stretched it out the first time you crammed it in there, and now its set to hold the OS plug, but its probably distorted
I beg to differ... I was given Gary Guest's JPX .21 he ran at the worlds recently, by Jay Halsey, and a JP-3 he used with it. It ran great and was ballistic fast and he uses O.S. P3 plugs. I've heard you should switch to a P4 to smooth it out and lower operating temps. a bit, but that's it. I have a couple O'Donnell plugs (97t) that I will prob. try, but not until I break in the new piston/sleeve/rod I just installed, again, courtesy of Mr. Halsey. I've just heard mixed reviews of the O'Donnell plugs, and a couple of horror stories, along with those who say they are fantastic, of course... But I will try and post my results once I get them both on the track.

After about 3 race days, I had the rear bearing grenade on me, and pieces of metal got up in the piston/sleeve and scratched the piston all to hell... So Jay dropped off a new set of engine parts to me. I had already replaced the bearing, but now that I've got it all together, its break-in time on Sat. morning. I liked how this motor ran, and even though I have a perfectly tuned Ninja JX, and a perfectly broken in, and tuned OS Speed .21, I'm gonna run the Jammin'. You just gotta use what is given to ya, ya know? If you take that kind of generosity for granted, it'll stop happening to be sure...

Reports to follow...
TKO Comp. Development - www.tkocompetitiondev.com
NsideLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM   #99
Tech Adept

Send a message via Skype™ to NsideLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Which TKO bearings go in this engine?
Standard size bearings - Same as os, ninja, nova, etc... Just email peter @ TKO if you're unsure of which to buy.
TKO Comp. Development - www.tkocompetitiondev.com
NsideLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:18 AM   #100
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post
I beg to differ... I was given Gary Guest's JPX .21 he ran at the worlds recently, by Jay Halsey, and a JP-3 he used with it. It ran great and was ballistic fast and he uses O.S. P3 plugs. I've heard you should switch to a P4 to smooth it out and lower operating temps. a bit, but that's it. I have a couple O'Donnell plugs (97t) that I will prob. try, but not until I break in the new piston/sleeve/rod I just installed, again, courtesy of Mr. Halsey. I've just heard mixed reviews of the O'Donnell plugs, and a couple of horror stories, along with those who say they are fantastic, of course... But I will try and post my results once I get them both on the track.

After about 3 race days, I had the rear bearing grenade on me, and pieces of metal got up in the piston/sleeve and scratched the piston all to hell... So Jay dropped off a new set of engine parts to me. I had already replaced the bearing, but now that I've got it all together, its break-in time on Sat. morning. I liked how this motor ran, and even though I have a perfectly tuned Ninja JX, and a perfectly broken in, and tuned OS Speed .21, I'm gonna run the Jammin'. You just gotta use what is given to ya, ya know? If you take that kind of generosity for granted, it'll stop happening to be sure...

Reports to follow...

OS and Picco do have a different taper....OS plugs will work, but Picco are a much better fit.... I have also seen the jammin Boys run OS Plugs, but that still doesn't make it right...When you take the buttons off and compare the fitment of the plugs from inside you can see the OS do not fully fit the button, Picco's do....... either way OS will work but i still prefer to run the plugs made for the engine....
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i found axial turbo plus fit the taper of the picco engines better than just about everything, other than picco plugs that is
HaulinBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #102
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NsideLine View Post

Reports to follow...

Oh great here we go again with jason "wot" see ya sat bud....

If you can make it I can break it
chris c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:58 AM   #103
Tech Lord

Maximo is correct, and you are just taking uneccessary chances when you use anything but the Picco Plug!
Old 02-20-2009, 10:11 AM   #104
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Maximo is correct, and you are just taking uneccessary chances when you use anything but the Picco Plug!

I gotta admit that the OS plugs do work very well in these engines, I watched the Team jammin guys all run the OS plugs just fine...However I have also seen some head buttons that refuse to seal on the OS plugs, I was even with team Jammin when a fellow could not get the OS plugs to seal in his JPX 21.....So I am unsure what to think other then I know 110% that the Picco plugs are the best choice
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:29 AM   #105
Tech Lord

I have taken it apart as did you, and tried several plugs..the only one that seats, and seals properly is the Picco.. I Think The reason the OS plugs work is because they are so damn hot.