Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
[New Build] Mugen MBX5T Pics >

[New Build] Mugen MBX5T Pics

[New Build] Mugen MBX5T Pics

Old 12-22-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Lookin good, maybe a little too much droop in the rear.
Thanks. Thats not its usual ride hit tho, it sits flat usually, that was just ut lifted for the photo.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Initiate

i told you would need a heat gun rob, i would suggest running a couple of tanks at home mate or near the hair dryer, probably 5 +, no point running it in at the track, you just want flat ground really.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by T0nke
i told you would need a heat gun rob, i would suggest running a couple of tanks at home mate or near the hair dryer, probably 5 +, no point running it in at the track, you just want flat ground really.
Yea, sounds like thats my only option. Will have to do it when the parents are out or when my kids are not asleep... HMM, that could be difficult to find that perfect time but I will do my best.

Perhaps tomorrow evening maybe after everyone has their naps I might be lucky

I was just going to go up and down the main straight and do some figure eights and stuff, the track was just a good spot as its away from everyone else and has some good work bench areas and stuff.

Ohwell... I might even put the OS motor in the Truggy and give it some laps if i really want to get the Truggy moving ... hehe.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by herb99
Thats the 0801 pipe not a 2047 isnt it?
The 0801 with the 7 port will be a weapon.
OK, It seems you cant beleive what the box says I have just been doing some checking on the MM Website and even tho my box says it comes with the 2047 pipe it clearly ISNT that pipe.

GO 2047 Pipe - http://www.massivemods.com.au/produc...products_id=70
Go Femca 8081 - http://www.massivemods.com.au/produc...roducts_id=104

As you can see, mine is clearly the 8081 pipe. This is my motor - http://www.massivemods.com.au/produc...roducts_id=133

Anyways, I wanna get this thing turning over already...
Old 12-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Tech Initiate

does the stinger have a brace between it and the body of the pipe rob? if so thats the 2047, im planning on getting the 0801 with the engine im getting my car is almost done :P just got to finish masking the body up (its taken me ages to get to the stage im happy with) then some heat shrinking and yeah im done :P ill hopefully post some pictures tomorrow... ill have to put the old engine in there just for show. anyways good luck with it mate.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

does the stinger have a brace between it and the body of the pipe rob? if so thats the 2047, im planning on getting the 0801 with the engine im getting my car is almost done :P just got to finish masking the body up (its taken me ages to get to the stage im happy with) then some heat shrinking and yeah im done :P ill hopefully post some pictures tomorrow... ill have to put the old engine in there just for show. anyways good luck with it mate.
Hey Glen,

There is no stinger brace, thats the main thing that caught my eye. The pipe looks the goods, and even as bloody rich as it was, it sounds cool I cant wait to see some pics of your build bud. I am looking forward to getting another shell for it soon and doing it all properlly.

In the mean time, i just wanna get it rolling around the back yard
Old 12-26-2008, 02:53 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah then it must be a 0801, thats what im planning on getting, yeah im just doing the coats of paint now, so might be able to get some pics of the shell tonight. just remember to follow grizz from the go thread to the letter, you will get a really long engine that way my engine may be in next week see what happens, then ill be running it in straight away.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Yea, I plan on giving it a long break in session, much to the annoyance of the neighbours I imagine Right now the bubs is asleep again, dammit!!!
Old 12-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

It's Alive! Its had 3 tanks idled through it and its had 2 tanks running around the back yard in figured 8's and up and down the drive way and over a few small obsticles trying to behave myself and doing it all properly.
Old 12-28-2008, 02:44 AM
Tech Adept

Hey cmdgridlock its great to actually start driving it around isnt it?
Bit hard not to give it a squirt ever now and then
I ran 4 tanks thru my go .21 5port today at an oval man these things look like they will fly
Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 AM
Tech Initiate

haha yeah just got to learn how to use your trigger finger, those 5 ports have just got so much grunt, need to work on getting that to the floor :P a couple of car tires should do the trick :P nah there a very good engine, i beleave there is one on the presintation day video for the club, the fluresent yellow mbx6.

http://www.zone3adelaide.com/rcmovies/integrated/

enjoy
Old 12-28-2008, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bigal63
Hey cmdgridlock its great to actually start driving it around isnt it?
GOD YES! I got another tank through while I was waiting for the Snapper to cook.

I Went fishing yesterday and caught a 81cm reddie, the other 7 were lost to the White that was haunting us all day... didnt realise what was down there til it took the snapper from us right next to the boat... scared the hell out of us, I nearly got its nose in the net and was nearly pulled overboard

haha yeah just got to learn how to use your trigger finger /snip ... i beleave there is one on the presintation day video for the club, the fluresent yellow mbx6.
http://www.zone3adelaide.com/rcmovies/integrated/
That thing had some balls thats for sure! After seeing Integrated' and Deano's buggy flying around with the GO Motors in it that sealed the deal for me!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CmdGrimlock
GOD YES! I got another tank through while I was waiting for the Snapper to cook.

I Went fishing yesterday and caught a 81cm reddie, the other 7 were lost to the White that was haunting us all day... didnt realise what was down there til it took the snapper from us right next to the boat... scared the hell out of us, I nearly got its nose in the net and was nearly pulled overboard

That thing had some balls thats for sure! After seeing Integrated' and Deano's buggy flying around with the GO Motors in it that sealed the deal for me!!!
Have experienced that myself off of Corney Point on Yorke Peninsula, Pretty frightening huh
Old 12-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Have experienced that myself off of Corney Point on Yorke Peninsula, Pretty frightening huh
I know Corney Point, spent Easter 04 just a few minutes dodwn the road on a beach there with some mates

I actually wasn't scared, I was just so excited and amazed to see it at the boat . It all made sense seeing it as to why were were getting busted off... 7 snapper lost to Mr Toothy.

Anyways... TRUGGY is getting its 1st run around the track today, looking forward to it.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

so how did the run at the track go?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.