R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default good engine choices for truggy

if your looking for a motor for your truggy where money is no object then the new os speed or the rb c6tt are good choices. these motors are very pricey though

if you want a good motor with plenty of power but dont want to drop close to 500 bills on one then check out the picco .21 evo 2 . this is a great motor that is easy to tune and get awesome fuel mileage on the track. its half the cost of an rb or an os speed .

if your really on a budget then check out the go tech .21 5 port . this motor has plenty of power also and its less than 200 bucks. and the bonus is you can buy a new piston, sleeve and con rod for about 100 bucks.
HOTBODIES D8T, VE8 AND CYCLONE D4 WCE
www.hotbodiesonline.com
thrash metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #32
Tech Apprentice

I am running trinity full moded 24 engine, and I must say its perfect for truggy, great powerband, lots of power, great runtime. In the past I had 528-hot mod, grp-28 tuned, V spec-21, axe rossi cobra 21-evolution X1, ninja-28, GO-28, LRP spec3-28 and 24 Trinity is the best compromise betwen power an fuel economy(9-11min.,depends on track)
I must say I am impressed with Trinity mill, you can get it at amains from 224-300, depends if moded,race preped or stock-which is the same as race prepped, just not broken in.
And you get Sirio quality for only 224$-you cant go wrong with that.
Hope that helps
ANDRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #33
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
Losiracer in my eyes the extre $30 for the 5 port is well worth it. if you had a buggy I would say 3 port all day but truggy 5 port all day.
i was thinkin about it last night, i already switched to the 5 port in my shopping cart i just need to wait till my paypal claim gets finished so i can get my money back and then buy my truggy stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertbird View Post
losi_racer, get your bearings from Avid or Readyroller. What you are paying at a-main is way overpriced.
ok, thanks ill check them out

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcg33k View Post
I suggest you go with the OS engine. I find their quality is impecible not another cheap Taiwanese knock-off. This forum is littered with Go engine "team" drivers that are always going to say to buy the Go engine. I've run both and the Go engine is decent, but it's not even in the same galaxy as an OS engine. Flame suit on.
i dont go by what people tell me. I would of never ran the go but i go two go motors in a trade, so i tried them. Im my buggy i was amazed on how well it preformed. Im hopin it does just as good in the truggy.I like these motors, I like the os motor to, just that front bearing has pissed me off to many times

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRAZ View Post
I am running trinity full moded 24 engine, and I must say its perfect for truggy, great powerband, lots of power, great runtime. In the past I had 528-hot mod, grp-28 tuned, V spec-21, axe rossi cobra 21-evolution X1, ninja-28, GO-28, LRP spec3-28 and 24 Trinity is the best compromise betwen power an fuel economy(9-11min.,depends on track)
I must say I am impressed with Trinity mill, you can get it at amains from 224-300, depends if moded,race preped or stock-which is the same as race prepped, just not broken in.
And you get Sirio quality for only 224$-you cant go wrong with that.
Hope that helps
The Best motor on the market and you don't need the fully moded but its you choice. The differance between the fully moded and the Race preped is RPM range is more on the fully moded. I have both I use the fully moded on tracks with long straights.
FASTLANE GRAPHIX - http://www.fastlane-graphix.com
Tim Dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 06:21 PM   #35
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i think it is very hard to say the Best...because so many engines are good in truggy. i am running a standard GRP right now, well breaking it in and i have forgotten how good this engine actually is. there are alot of choices, i like RB the most but here lately i have been on a trying everything kick LOL.

JESUS SAVES, WESLEY
r1harper is offline   Reply With Quote