R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-22-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
Here's a link to my thread. I don't agree with changing bearings, only if the need to be changed.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ebuilding.html

Rex
How do you know when the bearings are bad? I just checked mine for play grittiness and leakage. Is there anything else?

Its cool that its easy to find modders here 'cause Google can't.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:09 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
how come all the sudden there is a bunch of guys trying to advertise that they will work on your engines , (not just you rex) but holy smokes there are about 8 guys that are trying to get you to send them your engine .
Not saying this is the case with 22racer but I for one utilize every trade I have, and am finding new ones all the time in this economy! It's the 'roach' mentality...do whatever you can to get by.
clarksib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:32 AM   #18
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksib View Post
Not saying this is the case with 22racer but I for one utilize every trade I have, and am finding new ones all the time in this economy! It's the 'roach' mentality...do whatever you can to get by.
i suppose that does make sense but might not necessarily be the case i do the same work and am very good at it but i dont advertise yet rely on word of mouth advertising . not really trying to advertise at all , i do work and tune for people that appreciate what i do for em and much reward is given by the big huge smiles on their face when i see em run their cars and go "holy smokes!!!" . thats the biggest reward for the tuners who really love to do what they do

i don't know about that 'roach' thing but..............
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:35 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodefect View Post
How do you know when the bearings are bad? I just checked mine for play grittiness and leakage. Is there anything else?

Its cool that its easy to find modders here 'cause Google can't.
It really can be a judgment call, the bearing has to be totally clean, roll really free, and not have too much slop if you put your finger in it and move it in and out. They will alway's have a little play this way. Then with the crank in it shouldn't have any up and down play while pushing on the shaft. When in doubt change them, the bearing going out can ruin a motor.

Houston, seems like quite a few on Ebay also modding and pinching. Do you pinch motors also or just rebuild?

Rex
Fx Royal engines/ Maxy Engines
e-mail rwmods@yahoo.com Rex Welch
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
It really can be a judgment call, the bearing has to be totally clean, roll really free, and not have too much slop if you put your finger in it and move it in and out. They will alway's have a little play this way. Then with the crank in it shouldn't have any up and down play while pushing on the shaft. When in doubt change them, the bearing going out can ruin a motor.

Houston, seems like quite a few on Ebay also modding and pinching. Do you pinch motors also or just rebuild?

Rex
much prefer new p/s/r myself but for those guys on a budget ................ resize is their answer and rayaracing resizing equ. is pretty top notch IMO. alot of the racers i work for don't consider price as a factor just a badass dependable engine and thats what i give 'em
happy motoring',
monty

ya i noticed the ebay thing too , i have been doing this for a while and am very good at it and it kind of irks me that everyone and their brother think they can do the mods that make a difference and then you send them your engine and have no proof of their work , either good or bad . just my .02 cents
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote