Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Looking for a new truggy....advice or suggestions? >

Looking for a new truggy....advice or suggestions?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a new truggy....advice or suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

wow guys, escially you MATT. Thank you for all the input. Just gotta sell my other r/cs and I was really interested in the RC8T, but if the track closest to me has Losi parts, I might go with them. Thank you again.

-Ant.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:49 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
Nice write up..on the rear traction would you say that the Kyosho is loser than the Losi..or about the same..and what do i need to do to make the Losi more locked in..I had an 8T but I got rid of it quickly and only ran it on a very hooked up track..I just got another one..

The major things that will help the losi rear end stay planted are to switch from the stock to the lightest swaybar that comes with the truck on the rear and to add a 3/3 rear plate. Those two things made more of a difference on the way the truck acted than anything else I have tried.

I feel the kyosho has a tad bit more planted rear than the losi stock to stock. But with those changes the losi is almost as planted.

If your the type of driver that likes to drive pinned all the time the kyosho would fit you well. If you like to drive with more precision and like to keep to your lines I would say Losi all the way.......

Trymy4.0: No problem man that's what this forum is for. Everyone has their own opinions and I'm glad to share mine with anyone willing to listen....
I have not driven a RC8T yet so I don't have any opinions on that truggy. I know it looks real good in some of the videos I have watched and also AE has some pretty good customer service as well.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oasis
First for what you want to do the Hellfire is just FINE..To all the Haters..I would bet that 99% of them never ever owned one..They are going by what they have heard or a friends or a friend of a friend..I'm not saying it's the best or even close to that..what I am saying is that it's not as bad as everyone is trying to say it is..The Hellfire does have a few issues..weak diffs..very fixable (you use the HB LSP ring and pinion gear). The very first batch of Hellfire's (The RTR) had a manufacturing defect in the molding of the arms, HPI took care of the problem quickly..I remember Associated RC8's had a front end problem but they were given a "pass" on that one..and the Fuel tanks on the RC8's are junk also..they are on their 4th update and it still has problems. Losi's like to eat throttle servos and they did have a problem with diffs also (it has been taken care of..the diffs)..Losi has been given a pass on it as well..The Kyosho ST-RR has a brittle front end (I have NOT broken mine) but I have seen more than a few shatter..plus the front hubs are JUNK! The Mugen is good..it pushes like a dump truck when compared to the Losi, Kyosho, Associated and Jammin X2..If all your doing is bashing and your local hobby shop caries HPI parts and you can get a Hellfire for a good price dont let the haters influence you..amazing all the Internet experts..on cars they dont own..
i have actually owned 2 hellfires, and i wouldnt loose a bit of sleep if all of them just drop off the face of the earth...
Old 12-31-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
The major things that will help the losi rear end stay planted are to switch from the stock to the lightest swaybar that comes with the truck on the rear and to add a 3/3 rear plate. Those two things made more of a difference on the way the truck acted than anything else I have tried.

I feel the kyosho has a tad bit more planted rear than the losi stock to stock. But with those changes the losi is almost as planted.

If your the type of driver that likes to drive pinned all the time the kyosho would fit you well. If you like to drive with more precision and like to keep to your lines I would say Losi all the way.......

Trymy4.0: No problem man that's what this forum is for. Everyone has their own opinions and I'm glad to share mine with anyone willing to listen....
I have not driven a RC8T yet so I don't have any opinions on that truggy. I know it looks real good in some of the videos I have watched and also AE has some pretty good customer service as well.
Matt Thanks as well I was having the exact issue with my 8T. I am going to try that and see how it works. Love the damn Truggy it's a dream to drive just need that rear end to stay put. After driving and racing Buggys for awhile I have to say I didn't know truggys could be more fun than buggys.