Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FIORONI TRACTIVE DIFF

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up FIORONI TRACTIVE DIFF

anyone tryed them, is it worth buying them, cause they are realy expencive one? I just need more on power steering in the front of my AE-rc8truggy.
Old 12-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

there are a quite a few threads on here concerning these diffs.. just us the search tool and you will find plenty of info
Old 12-20-2008, 03:30 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Spending 200-something on a diff might get you more on-power steering, but reading this will get you more on-power steering for alot cheaper

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461
Old 12-20-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

I have all three diffs. They do work!!! I only use one or two at a time. They are meant to be a tuning aid. You are NOT supposed to use all three. I would try the front and center to begin with. I use the center alot and I use the front on certain tracks. They are simple to maintain.

If you do get them, take the 4 main bolts out and clean them with Nitro spray or carb cleaner then Red Loctite. If you try to run the diffs without doing this, the bolts will come loose and so will the ring gear. Good Luck
Old 12-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

SPEEDSKI, yes I was thinking getting front end center, not the rear one. Last year I tryed front active diff in my previous truck Xray xt8, and it worked great-but the xray diffs are much cheaper, so I was thinking getting some fioronis diffs for my rc8t. i know fioroni diffs has only 48 spur gear available for center asso, so Ill have some CNC work to do with it-I need at least 50t spur gear.
Thanks for replys to all.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by K_B
Spending 200-something on a diff might get you more on-power steering, but reading this will get you more on-power steering for alot cheaper

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=4461
+1 Great Post