R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-19-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluer322 View Post
People like you is why the prices are the way they are now. First off I'm not whining I don't pay but $20 a gallon. But why sit back and let someone f--- you over stand up for self. That's part of the problem we just accept what they say without ?. well we want to raise the prices 50% OK no problem. If U don't like then step aside and let the people who want to be apart of solution try to make a difference do so.
You aren't a part of the solution. I am not the reason why prices are so high, we all are! We have a choice of whether or not to buy the products that companies are selling. If we don't like the price, we don't buy their product! It is that simple. But when you don't buy the product, you deny yourself that product and everything that comes with it. If you truly want to change the system and price structure, you simply find an alternative. When the demand goes back down, the price will go back down. If nitromethane is what is driving the cost of fuel, cut back on the percentages or just buy batteries (the alternatives).
I challenge you to call any fuel company and complain that their price is too high. They will listen to you, they might even sympathize with you. But they most assuredly will tell you that is the way it is. That is the way things work.
I personally choose to accept the fact that fuel prices are high. I also choose to run 20%. Accept these facts and just enjoy the hobby, or take up knitting. I hear yarn is pretty cheap
Cvdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:43 AM   #17
Tech Adept

You guys are funny. With the economy in the worst shape since the great depression demand will slow. Once that happens prices have to drop. Will they drop to pre olympic levels I don't know.

I believe the reason we have not seen a drop yet is because either:

They are still getting caught up with the gap in production

The business people involved saw a chance to make up for some volume with margin, but that won't last long.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:02 AM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvdiver View Post
You aren't a part of the solution. I am not the reason why prices are so high, we all are! We have a choice of whether or not to buy the products that companies are selling. If we don't like the price, we don't buy their product! It is that simple. But when you don't buy the product, you deny yourself that product and everything that comes with it. If you truly want to change the system and price structure, you simply find an alternative. When the demand goes back down, the price will go back down. If nitromethane is what is driving the cost of fuel, cut back on the percentages or just buy batteries (the alternatives).
I challenge you to call any fuel company and complain that their price is too high. They will listen to you, they might even sympathize with you. But they most assuredly will tell you that is the way it is. That is the way things work.
I personally choose to accept the fact that fuel prices are high. I also choose to run 20%. Accept these facts and just enjoy the hobby, or take up knitting. I hear yarn is pretty cheap
I get so tired of reading this negative crap on Rctech. There are ao many of you that like to get under peoples skin, i dont understand why you feel you need to get on and comment. If you think people are whinning then just let them whine.
moto431 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:39 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan D. View Post
Actually he has a valid point if we all run electric then there will be nobody to buy the nitro which in turn will make the companies bring down the price so people will buy it again.
You got to be kidding me. Batteries costed alot too plus having to charge them all the time. I think they equal out in the end on cost
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 11:42 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've seen more ads in the trade rags for electric conversions (is it just seasonal or are people tired of nitro prices climbing arbitrarily?). I think as demand continues to slow and cost of production decreases we'll see that translate into lower prices at the LHS. It will take a little time but producers would rather sell more volume at a lower price than not as much a little higher. I only run Byrons 20% and the price has been the same at AMain for several months now. It burns plenty fast in my properly tuned V-Spec. Not sure why anyone would run 30%.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM   #21
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
You got to be kidding me. Batteries costed alot too plus having to charge them all the time. I think they equal out in the end on cost
Yes batteries are allot, but that is only an initial investment. If you charge your batteries at the track you're not even paying for the electric bill.

I'm agreeing with Cvdiver run the alternatives, either less nitro percentages or batteries.
Plus with batteries the price of maintenance is allot cheaper then with nitro (no piston and sleeve or con rod to wear out)
Old 12-19-2008, 11:54 AM   #22
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
I've seen more ads in the trade rags for electric conversions (is it just seasonal or are people tired of nitro prices climbing arbitrarily?). I think as demand continues to slow and cost of production decreases we'll see that translate into lower prices at the LHS. It will take a little time but producers would rather sell more volume at a lower price than not as much a little higher. I only run Byrons 20% and the price has been the same at AMain for several months now. It burns plenty fast in my properly tuned V-Spec. Not sure why anyone would run 30%.
+1
Old 12-19-2008, 03:11 PM   #23
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto431 View Post
I get so tired of reading this negative crap on Rctech. There are ao many of you that like to get under peoples skin, i dont understand why you feel you need to get on and comment. If you think people are whinning then just let them whine.
I am actually not trying to "get under peoples skin." What I am trying to do is explain reality. Have you even noticed that as 1/8th scale nitro has gotten more popular, the price on the fuel (more specifically 30%) has gone up? 30% is the mix everyone just HAS to have. You can't win without it! That is what the factories say. That is what the pros say who are sponsored by the fuel companies. I heard on rctech a couple of months ago that 30% was going through the roof, 40 and 50 dollars a gallon. Meanwhile, I went and bought a gallon of 20% Byron's Gen2 for I believe 23 dollars. Seriously, there isn't much benefit to running 30%. Using 30% will wear out your motor and almost every other rotating part on the car. I am almost certain that most of these high performance little motors are mainly designed for 20%. I know that RB motors are. I thought about using 30% in my C6 BBT L2g. But after talking to Rody about it on Rb-usa.com forum, I realized that it wasn't needed.

It is the way the world goes. You have a choice here. Either buy the fuel and pay their prices, or don't. It is very simple.
And isn't whining negative and non productive? I merely present a possible solution.
Isn't reality a pain.

Last edited by Cvdiver; 12-19-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: I wanted to add some stuff, and revise.
Cvdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Guys, the solution is to buy in bulk if you really want to save some money on fuel. Get 10 guys together and buy 20 cases. I know that Byron's has a bulk buy program. This June we got 10 cases at a ~100$/case. Wasn't bad because at the time as people were paying about 37$ a case in Mass.
Crim3Wav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 03:53 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Prices are the same in my region. At my local track/hobby shop byrons 30% and sidewinder 30% both sell for 37.99 a gallon, Odonnell 30% is 49.99!
I cant believe what fuel cost now because about this time last year fuel was 21.99 a gallon. I asked the hobby shop owner if he had heard any news about the prices coming down and I was told the first of the new year we should see some relief.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:00 PM   #26
Tech Prophet

Default nitro price

i know the last time i bought nitro was in october and it was like $43.00 dollars and it was trinity 25% which was to espensive still , i drive a associated gt2 with a .12 and it will last pretty long, i would think though that running a 1/8 buggy with a .21 engine wouldnt use to much gas. i found out though that there is nitro gas that is made where i live at and its just as good and they have 10,20,30% and i seen a guy run with it and its just as good as name brand fuel but a hell of lot cheaper im talking $25.00 gallon.the big time companies need to make it in america istend of china. but if tires gas,battries,glow plugs say at the same price it will help a lot of new people come into the hobby, the consent rasing the price of tires and fuel and glow plugs was just a butch of bs. i never understound why glow plugs got so high . and 30% just makes u a bad driver and wear the crap out of your engine 25% is just perfect.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
Tech Master

I was going to go back to 20% on my favorite fuel & found out it was $1 per gal more for 20 than 30%. $34.99 a gallon is insane I was turned on to this brand to begin with because it was $18/gal,roughly $10 cheaper than byrons at the time. Now that I come back to it, I take it in the shorts? BTW for you guys that can run OD its only $25/gal at ultimate. You can not switch to electric to save fuel money it will take 5 years to recoupe the cost. I converted on a couple cars because I had extra money to burn. I do aggree 20% = longer run time ,less sideways out of corners ,motors last marginaly longer & you cant tell whose running it at a club race because the cars are just as fast & usually $3-5 bux a gal cheaper(except the brand I wanted).
butch man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 09:16 AM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I like to run 30% Tilted green from TiltedRC.com..
It costs $110 for a four gallon case. A Main Hobbies
.com has Byrons Gen2 20% and 30% on sale this month.
$95 for four gallons is not a bad price. Looks like it's
time to stock up on three or four cases. Now if I could
only find some warm weather on sale, I'd be set.
rageworks is offline   Reply With Quote