Wiki Posts
Search

Removing carb

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM
T$
Tech Adept

Default Removing carb

I apologize if this is a really basic question, but the owners manual doesn't say, and my search didn't really turn anything up on this.

I need to flip the carb on my motor over to the other side, so the throttle open/close is on the left and the fuel intake is on the right(when looking at front of engine). I can't figure out how to get the carb off. I thought there was supposed to be a screw to loosen, but I don't see it.

The engine is this 3-port Novarossi http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/31073

My only guess would be the gold nut at the base of the carb in the middle picture. Also, after flipping it, will it need to be sealed?

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Yes, loosen the gold nut, the carb can then be rotated, you dont need to pull it out just turn it. You should not have to reseal it if you go slow. Dont rip the o-ring thats on the carb throat
Old 12-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

be very sure that you get the carb all the way back down in the motor! i made this mistake once before and it did not work out well