R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

Pro-line's hook up good, but they are so low quality. Not even close to balanced and horrible wear. I don't know if I will even bother getting any revolvers for 2009 (unless the grip is better than anything I can get from AKA, Panther, Losi, or Werks).
Old 12-18-2008, 05:37 PM   #32
Tech Addict

The main reason why I even tried AKA tires is due to the horrible wear on a M3 tire. I have now run a set of Soft AKA GridIrons in 3 races. They have a some wear, but I will still run them in my next race. I could never get that out of the Proline tires. I am getting atleast double to triple the life time of the tire.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:41 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i get similar wear with the m3 holeshots, i can get 3 races at the track i race at, i tried the aka's so far they dont feel as hooked up as the proline m3's or jconcept blues
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #34
Tech Regular

the people that say the were is so bad on the m3's, have you ran the Revolver? 60 min at the farm on M3 revolvers pretty good were. Tread pattern makes a big differance with wear. holeshots have a very small pin.

other companys make a good product as well but to say that proline's are low quality and proline is done if they don't step thier game up.

IMO not cool to come on a thread and start preaching about other companys being "better" than another. Fairly new to this forum so maybe thats how it is?

questions please e-mail Manufacturerscup@gmail.com don't PM (i dont ever check it)
Manufacturercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manufacturercup View Post
the people that say the were is so bad on the m3's, have you ran the Revolver? 60 min at the farm on M3 revolvers pretty good were.
You must also remember Hara drove conservative for the better part of the race. He did not blow his tires off racing for the lead. Lots of weekend warriors can use up a set of tires in 30-45 mins racing just because they are driving hard and abusing the tires. This is perfectly fine simply because this hobby or form of racing is meant to be fun and you can blow the foams out of your tires trying to catch your buddy for simple bragging rights if you want. Hara had to make his tires last so he could count on them to move him foward in the closing minutes of the world championship.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #36
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 89 (99%+)

If you bought a set of Revolvers...what inserts would you buy to put in them ????
Old 12-19-2008, 02:32 AM   #37
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

they come with the inserts in them, the stock ones work good
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:03 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pro-line needs work on bringing down the weight of their tire/wheel combo,
they are way to heavy (123grams) per wheel. Wheels are a big part of a
buggy's unsprung weight and will have an even bigger effect on the newer lighter buggies handling. GRP's Cubic only weigh 101grams with spoked rims.
topcat-lll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:50 AM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

guys... i know some of you don't like Proline but we have to face facts...
Proline is #1 right now. Period.

All other companies are trying to figure out how to dethrown them and AKA has done well by getting a ton of great drivers but proline rubber is hard to beat.

Sponsors:
GO TECH ENGINES (Factory Team) | VP Pro (Factory Team) | EB MODS (Factory Team) | RICHES BREW FUEL | COMPETITION PRODUCTS
TMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 AM   #40
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

When I was at the worlds.... None of the cars with AKA looked very good, I notice most of them were loose getting on the straight and the step up.

If theyre so good, why was there only 2 cars with them in the final?

2/10 = 20%

20% = Dominating lol

Proline is still far in the lead, they can build a test tire faster than anyone, they have a whole slew of new compounds coming, and theyre made here in the USA. I would really think about what your buying and where your money goes once in a while. I dont think I'm alone when saying, Keep our money in the US
Old 12-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #41
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Where do you think AKA tires are made? I'm pretty sure in the US also.

hmm wonder where that TQ racing SX8 was made?
CR-01
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:14 AM   #42
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

AKA's are 100% made in the USA.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #43
Tech Regular

topcat-lll brings up a good point about the weight of wheels and tires. anyone know the weight of a set of AKA's.

do i think prolines products are perfect? no. there is always room for improvement. but the tires still seem to be doing very very well. I would be willing to bet that Proline won most national races this year. has AKA won a major race yet? just asking because i seriously don't know. i think they got one but i can't think of it. not bashing AKA at all i think they have a good product.

lbckevin- run the foams that come with the tires.

questions please e-mail Manufacturerscup@gmail.com don't PM (i dont ever check it)
Manufacturercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 10:12 AM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Rc Pro Series.....Lutz was running AKA cavalieri was Not....guess who won ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #45
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
When I was at the worlds.... None of the cars with AKA looked very good, I notice most of them were loose getting on the straight and the step up.

If theyre so good, why was there only 2 cars with them in the final?

2/10 = 20%

20% = Dominating lol

Proline is still far in the lead, they can build a test tire faster than anyone, they have a whole slew of new compounds coming, and theyre made here in the USA. I would really think about what your buying and where your money goes once in a while. I dont think I'm alone when saying, Keep our money in the US
When people were saying the D8 won the Worlds and it was a great car, people said it was luck, he is a great driver, alot of the best drivers were not in the main due to weather and qualifying.......yet now everyone is using the Worlds to justify the Proline tire???? The M3 wears very fast...But Proline makes a great tire..no doubt. They also sponsors more drivers than anyone so that would be a reason why there were so many Prolines in the Main.

From my own experience's. AKA is a better tire for me, buy what ever you want. But my AKA tires last ALOT longer than any other tire I have used. I AM NOT HERE TO BASH PROLINE ETC. JUST MY .02
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote