Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 7 TQ black fuel

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Hyper 7 black

well guys... i got it today and so far have run 2 tanks thru it... so far so good and with no fouling of pistin or glow plug even tho running quite rich i think.... got so much to learn..... didnt realise just how much till you actually have it lol. must say im excited and very pleased with it. gotta run in tho for now and then hopefully take it to bmx gravel track and see how bad i am at driving it lol. my neighbour was out when he heard the racket lol wondering what the hell was going on lol but soon came to likin it along with the kids lol. cant wait to see my lil lads face when he sees it in full throttle action..... he dont know it here yet lol. i get the RTR bit now lol.... you have to make so many minor tweaks but its all fun and learning curve.... running 16% byron fuels at mo which is all i could get. 15 quid for half gallon WOW lol. overall and so far very pleased with build and will learn on this model before going for anything bigger or more powerful. what a car.... i do like it

thanks for reading
Old 02-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You wont ever need a more powerful buggy. The Hyper 7 is a proven winner..if you decide to race seriously you may want something a little lighter, but you will love the Hyper...Here are a few tips to keeping it fast and strong.

Don't neglect your shocks, and diffs...They need to be cleaned out and rebuilt every gallon of fuel.. The diffs come with grease inside them...take them apart and fill with Diff oil.. Put 5000 in the front 7000 in the middle, and 2000 in the rear

Check all the bearings every gallon of fuel..make sure they are not gritty, and that they spin smoothly with no noise...change them every 2 gallons or so, they are only $1 each..

Make sure you keep an eye on your clutch shoes..they will wear out..Check them every quart of fuel (8 tanks) replace when needed. Learn how to meash your gears!! You do not ever want any metal moving objects to be to close, or too far away from each other!

KEEP YOUR AIR FILTER CLEAN!!!!!

When you are ready to drop a racing engine in the Hyper it will have all the speed and power you will ever need.

Have fun, and good luck...I bashed and Raced the Hyper 7 for 4 years and loved everything about it!!
Old 02-28-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

well jaz240. i never new that about the diffs and there was no mention of it either in the manuals so thanks for the invaluable advice on this matter. i have now run 5 tanks thru it so far and it seems to be going rather well for now. i have learned that after the break in of 6 to 8 tanks i need to lean off the engine a little for a further 6 to 8 tanks before i can do some serious tuning for performance. i will always have it running on the not too len side as i want the most life out of the engine. i must say the factory supplied radio gear is rather poor to say the least so next month i think i will be upgrading to something a lil more serious and high torque servos are a must in this beast of a car.

overall i am very pleased and im so aching to go and run it thru its paces lol as well as learn all about the workings of the engine and what not.

also can anyone recommend a fuel for the car other than byron gen2 16% race fuel... it is like £15.00 per half gallon. however i dont want to compromise the the engine. if its best to keep running this fuel then so be it, but maybe you guys know of somewhere like mail order or something for the UK so as i can get a cheaper fuel retailer.

thanks for reading guys

Last edited by mrjackdee; 02-28-2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: forgot to add a question