Wiki Posts
Search

RB C6 LG2 Murnan modified off road

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 03:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by big_klemo
I got it modded just to try it out and it made the motor way smoother and I like having all the power it makes racing fun for me
How did it smooth it out? On top, bottom or middle? Or did it just make it more linear? I have noticed no major differences (uncontrollable) between top, bottom and the middle ranges of the power curve. It really seems linear to me. Maybe I have just not run it enough to see the difference.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It made the motor feal smooth across the curve from top to bottom I found that the bottom used to hit quite hard and this mod job seemed to help this out I run a little stiff clutch set up and I ran the same set up stock and modded and I like the modded on better. My only complaint would have to be is the motor likes to load up a little quicker from being modded.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a C6 that was modded by Maxy. The motor is very controllable and gets over 10min.
Old 12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Cvdiver;5182739]Why on earth would you want to mod that motor?

Because you can!
Old 12-19-2008, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=CanyonCarverR1;5186547]
Originally Posted by Cvdiver
Why on earth would you want to mod that motor?

Because you can!
I just can't argue with that! LOL
Old 12-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cvdiver
Why on earth would you want to mod that motor? I have a c6bbt l2g in my 8b, and all I can say is do you really need any more??????
Truly depends on the track surface you run on..on a slick surface a C6 feels like a beast, however on a high bite surface a C6 can be a little to mild on the low end...... The C6 has huge amounts of power left on the table with its design and is capable of making huge increases in power with the right modifications...Now most modders will never really see what a C6 can do, as most do not get into retiming sleeve ports...However if someone is interested in making a beast the center exhaust port on the C6 needs to be brought up to match the eyebrow ports, approx 14 degrees needs to be added to the center port. Once this port is opened up all I can say is Lookout !!! stock because of the exhaust configuration I think they are too mild for my applications...
Old 12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

muran modified is a great company. uriah is a very nice guy and his work speaks for himself. it may seem pricey but once you get to run the motors they modify. its worth every penny.
Old 12-19-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maximo
Truly depends on the track surface you run on..on a slick surface a C6 feels like a beast, however on a high bite surface a C6 can be a little to mild on the low end...... The C6 has huge amounts of power left on the table with its design and is capable of making huge increases in power with the right modifications...Now most modders will never really see what a C6 can do, as most do not get into retiming sleeve ports...However if someone is interested in making a beast the center exhaust port on the C6 needs to be brought up to match the eyebrow ports, approx 14 degrees needs to be added to the center port. Once this port is opened up all I can say is Lookout !!! stock because of the exhaust configuration I think they are too mild for my applications...
You are more of a man than I am! I think I will wait a bit before I mod mine. It has what i consider tons of power!