R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   OS VSEC PROBLEM (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/260429-os-vsec-problem.html)

MaTt 93 12-15-2008 09:56 PM

OS VSEC PROBLEM

Hi,
I bought a losi 8ight that came with a os vspec. Well anyway i can't get get it statered because it is so tight And it blows the plug everytime i bump it over on the stater box. I'v tried Heating it up to 110 degrees celcius but it still blows the plug. Any ideas what to do next ?

Oh yeah the engine wasn't new but it had just been pinched.

Thanks,
Matt

losi_racer 12-15-2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by MaTt 93 (Post 5171812)
Hi,
I bought a losi 8ight that came with a os vspec. Well anyway i can't get get it statered because it is so tight And it blows the plug everytime i bump it over on the stater box. I'v tried Heating it up to 110 degrees celcius but it still blows the plug. Any ideas what to do next ?

Oh yeah the engine wasn't new but it had just been pinched.

Thanks,
Matt

could of been pinched wrong?

try this too

loosen the glow plug about half a turn after you heat it then try starting it. that will relieve pressure in the motor, just tighten it back up if it starts

Illbreakthat 12-15-2008 10:19 PM

What do you mean by the plug is blowing? Just burning out or its popping out of the engine?

MaTt 93 12-15-2008 10:39 PM

What do you mean by the plug is blowing? Just burning out or its popping out of the engine?
They just stop working, I'v gone through about three brand new O.S plugs.

could of been pinched wrong?

try this too

loosen the glow plug about half a turn after you heat it then try starting it. that will relieve pressure in the motor, just tighten it back up if it starts
I'v tried that but it still Just burns out the plugs.

losi_racer 12-15-2008 10:59 PM

o well if its burnin the plugs out you have a air leak.

losi8lunie 12-15-2008 11:01 PM

Take the head off and check that there are at least 2 shims in there.

Is your glowstart a seperate handheld one or the type thats powered off the starter box. It could be 2 much voltage through the glowplug thats popping it?

Some starter boxes allow you to adjust the voltage - it should be 1.2 volts if memory serves me correctly

jpalessi 12-15-2008 11:04 PM

Matt, you should check out how many shims is under the head, and make sure there is no debris in the engine..
What OS plug you using?

Also i would reset the carb to these settings

IDLE: 1 full turn (from just fully closed)
LSN: 4 full turns from closed
MRN: 3-3/4 turns from closed (flush) 10 o'clock
HSN: 3 full turns from closed

MaTt 93 12-15-2008 11:10 PM

From memory i think theres only one shim there. I'll see if i can find another one and i'll try it then.

i was useing the p3 plug.

Would it have anything to do with what pipe im useing ?

losi8lunie 12-15-2008 11:13 PM

What colour is the shim, grey is .2 copper .1 i think. what percentage nitro are you using?

jpalessi 12-15-2008 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by MaTt 93 (Post 5172033)
From memory i think theres only one shim there. I'll see if i can find another one and i'll try it then.

i was useing the p3 plug.

Would it have anything to do with what pipe im useing ?

It could be anything.. if there's only one shim that could deff be your problem..
is there any leaking around the carb or front bearing? like losi-racer said it could be an air leak.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/25728

anytime a glow plug gets burnt out.. it's timing... so too lean, and or debris in your engine is the first thing that comes to mind.

MaTt 93 12-15-2008 11:20 PM

i think its a copper one. im useing 25% nitro

losi8lunie 12-15-2008 11:22 PM

if you only have 1 copper shim then i would say the compression is to high, it should be one grey and 1 copper standard for 25% - in effect you have increased the compression by 66%!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaTt 93 12-15-2008 11:37 PM

ok, i just oulled off the head and there was 2 copper and one silver in there. But when i had a look at the sleeve there was what looked like a bearing seal in there. when i took the plug out i still couldn't turn the motor over by hand.

Thanks for all these helpfull replies

jpalessi 12-15-2008 11:42 PM

shims are correct...Don't touch!

I knew there was something in there! TIMING!
it maybe the washer seal, that sits under the carb in the emotion tube.
I would take the whole engine apart, and inspect everything.. Good luck!

losi8lunie 12-15-2008 11:45 PM

JPAlessi +1 :nod:

Also if you go to the OSENGINES.com website you can download the manual so you can check what should be where inside

Good Luck - there great when there running!!!