fun at the track

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

fun at the track

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

I have built a FLOAT to pull in t the Springtime Tallahassee parade. It is based around my 25' gooseneck trailer and it has a small triple and some off camber turns .The drivers stand is up front and has a safety rail. I tried like hell getting it approved last year but did not have the tag registration,I have the tag registration and all of the tires on it with the correct amount of tread,Boy ....lets see if some one can complain and whine about this.No one has ever been hurt falling from a float like this one . If they can allow one that has r/c airplanes flying around it in the parade why not some nitro cars???
Old 01-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

You need a registration for tag body spray?

Oh man, My RC8 isn't leagal anymore.

Can I pull the float, I promise I won't hit any peds this year.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Not TAG body spray. I was expelled from the parade last year because of some safety violations like no rail around the drivers stand ,no fire extinguisher ,expired tag, no registration ,and "bald /missing tires. Now I am no expert but my rig was safer than a bunch of r/c planes flying around within 10 feet of people, hell one child was hospitalized after a plane hit him. they are going to allow this again this year.All I'm saying is I have my permits and tires and the float is ready for inspection all I need now are some volunteer drivers to ride on the float in the parade.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

wtf? I just said I'd drive. As long as the rocking horse people don't still need me for their float. (I was going to dress up like George Washington, but we had a falling out because we couldn't agree on costume ideas.)

Why don't we just come full circle and make the float RC?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hah your hilarious Joey....awsome idea tho with the float....how big is this thing ? can we get a pic ?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Addict

Integra if you can drive decent you can join us and run my fleetwood,It's a bit unstable and so am I. But I have a dream,and I want to drive the float in the parade.Not very many people get invited into such an elite group of paid professionals like us but I am hereby awarding you with full access to this thread and allowing you to join us in a journey to return FUN to the hobby. You will not be allowed to say anything foolish or particularly funny for at least 30 minutes or so.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
Tech Adept

joey whats up man? you were not at the race last week. I just got back from the CWC in savannah man it was fun, Lots good racing
Old 01-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum
Integra if you can drive decent you can join us and run my fleetwood,It's a bit unstable and so am I. But I have a dream,and I want to drive the float in the parade.Not very many people get invited into such an elite group of paid professionals like us but I am hereby awarding you with full access to this thread and allowing you to join us in a journey to return FUN to the hobby. You will not be allowed to say anything foolish or particularly funny for at least 30 minutes or so.

your crazy man.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Sometimes when I get home and log on here , I get scared.I am afraid of this picture of a chimpanzee shooting at me with an automatic pistol.I know you think I am crazy but I have to see if anyone else is afraid of this happening to them.Or maybe a chimpanzee riding a bicycle around my house while I am asleep.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sometimes when I get home and log on here , I get scared.I am afraid of this picture of a chimpanzee shooting at me with an automatic pistol.I know you think I am crazy but I have to see if anyone else is afraid of this happening to them.Or maybe a chimpanzee riding a bicycle around my house while I am asleep.
Gotta love them Chimps
Old 01-14-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Don't worry, These pics should cheer you up. I got them at the IFMAR Worlds. Don't say I never did nothin' for ya.
Attached Thumbnails fun at the track-aaaaachimpswithguns.gif   fun at the track-aaachimpo.jpg   fun at the track-aaachimp-riding-bicyclae.jpg  
Old 01-15-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for that. You have really upset me. You know how unstable I am.I am going to be able to drive my float.The track area has to be voted on by some guy that will be jump roping at the parade. apparently he is a peace officer in the merchant marines and was injured on the deck of a ship that had an un-safe track for the petty officers to play on.Nothing sounds like a 100watt Marshall turned up to 10.Got to admit I am impressed with the new Metallica Death Magnet. This is almost as good as pre-Enter Sandman. Maybe better.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Well Hammer, Trigger Daniels is no longer a serious threat in the 1/8th scale buggy class he joined a group of traveling gypsies and sells incense at the airports.We are gonna bury a piano at the track this weekend in his memory.It will be a nice addition to some of the things buried out there .
Old 02-19-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

I hear one of the regulars got beat up by one of those Chimps, took all his r/c stuff outta his hands and showed him how to win the A main...

Thats some crazy sh..
Old 02-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by tc3team
I hear one of the regulars got beat up by one of those Chimps, took all his r/c stuff outta his hands and showed him how to win the A main...

Thats some crazy sh..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.