R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Post.. and i am only saying Post cause ^^^ That guy TOLD me to.. man cant just read and walk away no more!
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 AM   #47
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
Your probably right ...I had a Picco .28 P3 and could not keep it tuned I admit I was making a lot of changes at the time and really did not know how to trouble shoot and was mostly my fault.

picco's have multiple unique features that can totally effect how the motor runs....1 would be the leaky carb body...thats a big one. get it sealed before you attempt to run it would be my advice.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:29 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
picco's have multiple unique features that can totally effect how the motor runs....1 would be the leaky carb body...thats a big one. get it sealed before you attempt to run it would be my advice.
been lucky thus far with the powerhouse one...it's one hellacious motor to say the least....Integra you still run only picco based engines?
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 01:41 PM   #49
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
been lucky thus far with the powerhouse one...it's one hellacious motor to say the least....Integra you still run only picco based engines?
ill run anything my modder give's me to try...but for the most part i like the picco's yes.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 07:22 PM   #50
Tech Addict

I am currently running a grp .21 w/ grp tined pipe and lo and behold the thing started a mystery rev today when I would jump it. It would also die at random times when idling . Dang carb was loose / pinch bolt loose ...."Grouchy" and "The Soup Nazi" found it and fixed it for me.
Joey Platinum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 05:06 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Had some issues at the track yesterday. 1st the rubber straps that hold my corrective shoes on snapped. 2nd The Soup Nazi was at the track.He is extremely aggressive and has injured himself several times.Grouchy's Wife came out and tricked me with fresh baked cookies ,into doing some flip flops and and cadaver falls ( I'm also a gymnast) .I had to prepare myself psychologically to watch Zohan w/ Trigger Daniels ......Adam Sandler .....pretty damn funny.Still haven't heard from Hippie Man I hope is is O.K. ....Man I talk a lot of crazy sh-- but man Alcoholism sucks.Any body that cares for someone who is an alcoholic, I feel your pain.My friend will eventually die from this and he has begged me while he is sober to please do not try to stop him.He is loved by many ..I've thought of trying to get him on intervention.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

GRP's have a smooth feel to them right? kinda like the older ninja's made by grp?
NitroLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Very smooth..... almost too smooth...... I am used to a snappy motor so I can throw the rear around if it comes out of position. Believe it or not I used to run an O.S. .28 xz holy smokes it is sick w/power. No fuel economy though. Maybe qualify with the .28 and swap it to the G.R.P. .21 for the main...... you know if you get pole position by T.Q. ing you start in the pole and if I get out front from the start I can stay out front.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:41 PM   #54
Tech Addict

I hope speedski doesn't come in here and report us to the moderator for not staying on topic and talking about taco stands and cadaver dives.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Hey ...Illbreakthat .... if that cat of yours shows his teeth at me again I'm gonna squirt him with a water hose and pull his tail...he looks like he don't play the radio.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:49 PM   #56
Tech Elite

How'd I become "Trigger Daniels"? I wanted to be "Fluffy, destroyer of planets".

The broken antennae for the Cheesey Revo radio is still on the track between the quad. Its been there for months. I buried some B44 gears out there just to see when they float to the surface. I think it would be funny if grouchy crashed on them so I can get my first official on track pass of one of the fast guys.

The Os 28xz was smooth, You'd probally get better mileage now that your drivings improved. The GRPs weak, thats why its smooth and fuel efficient.
I prefer Axials even to my RB WS7III.

Did anyone collect the bald sportworks tire in the AKA bags yet?
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Hi... Trigger Daniels I make it hereby known that you have requested an initiate class name ... if anyone has any objections to this luxury class pro racer using a name that resembles that of a transvestite cat , speak now or I will have no choice but to build and erect a monument at the track in memory of Trigger Daniels and will hereby recognize Fluffy as a new initiate into the sub genius' rc racing idiots club.Praise Bob!
Old 12-21-2008, 10:25 AM   #58
Tech Elite

Praise Bob.

Ok, I don't really want to sound like a transvestite RC racing cat. I'll come up with something else.

Uncle Teddy was at the track today but then it rained....
Old 12-21-2008, 10:31 AM   #59
Tech Addict

Did any one tell Uncle Teddy his prosthetic leg was in the back of my truck?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Uncle Teddy's only 12! Wait who's........ which Racer is Uncle Teddy now?

I'm ordering my parts now, Hobbyland (the other hobby store in Tallahasse) and Hobbytown where both out of RC8 clutch bells.