Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight 2.0 parts on 8ight-T

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
The 8t 2.0 is supposed to be 14mm longer, have a different body, new towers, longer rear shocks, have all the 8B 2.0 upgrades and by the looks of it the new one will be running standard offsets and longer arms

i think it will alot to upgrade and more worthwhile just buying the new one

i am upgrading my 8T to all the 8B 2.0 parts that fit only because i am very happy with the current car.
if the new on comes out before my state titles in feb and i can get one to Australia in time i might get the new one.
but i dont think it will be so much better that i can't do without

Ill believe it when i see it...considering drake Nor Truhe are talking about it.....and 14mm is HUGE on chassy handeling....imo it was a typepo and meant to say 4mm.....Losi would be dumb to all of a sudden swap to zero off wheel....but would be a good money grab....but imo all those zero off wheels are is the GRP Zero off that they do not list on the site anymore.......all they are is an option.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
there is no difference in the chassy milling from what i can tell....therefor You DO NOT need the Tuned flex chassy to make the radio tray work.
do you have a non tuned flex chassis to back up what you are saying?

I do.
And it doesnt fit.

On the Tuned Flex chassis the are next to the servo has been milled flat to give extra flex and the servo sits above that flat section

On the regular chassis its not the milling of the chassis under the servo that is the problem. Its the bent up sides that are the problem. Unless you space the servo up with 2 spacers it just dont fit
Old 12-16-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Lord

Tix....ill put my foot in my mouth for ya...you are Right....I JUST today did a 2.0 tray in buddy's 8T....there is barely any clearance with a Hitec 5955...BUT you do not have to run 2 washer's...you can shave the chassy about a MM and it clears just fine.....the 1.0 brake rods worked with trimming the fuel tubing down a bit....and the dirt guard definatly needed trimming.

PS yes i do have a Tuned flex on my new 2.0
Old 12-16-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

Ill believe it when i see it...considering drake Nor Truhe are talking about it.....and 14mm is HUGE on chassy handeling....imo it was a typepo and meant to say 4mm.....Losi would be dumb to all of a sudden swap to zero off wheel....but would be a good money grab....but imo all those zero off wheels are is the GRP Zero off that they do not list on the site anymore.......all they are is an option.
I hope this is true but it seems kinda curious to me that the new 0 offset wheels were added and removed at the same time and along with the rest of the 8T 2.0 parts. Plus the specifically said 0 offset wheel 8T 2.0. hopefully the reason for them removing the stuff is that they are going to do away with the offset change. I guess we will see.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:56 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Tix....ill put my foot in my mouth for ya...you are Right....I JUST today did a 2.0 tray in buddy's 8T....there is barely any clearance with a Hitec 5955...BUT you do not have to run 2 washer's...you can shave the chassy about a MM and it clears just fine.....the 1.0 brake rods worked with trimming the fuel tubing down a bit....and the dirt guard definatly needed trimming.

PS yes i do have a Tuned flex on my new 2.0
id rather run 2 spacers than file down my chassis.
i am also running a tuned flex at the moment anyway so i dont have a problem on that chassis

I only noticed the problem with the old chassis because i have bought all the new 8 2.0 parts for the SC8ight CORR truck i am building using my old 8T chassis and 8B parts
so i was fairly pissed when it didnt fit
Old 12-16-2008, 03:58 PM
TIX
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I hope this is true but it seems kinda curious to me that the new 0 offset wheels were added and removed at the same time and along with the rest of the 8T 2.0 parts. Plus the specifically said 0 offset wheel 8T 2.0. hopefully the reason for them removing the stuff is that they are going to do away with the offset change. I guess we will see.
i dont think that they will do away with it

but i do think that the old arms and turnbuckles will fit onto the updated car.
so i will be running them until i run out of tires
Old 12-16-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TIX
id rather run 2 spacers than file down my chassis.
i am also running a tuned flex at the moment anyway so i dont have a problem on that chassis

I only noticed the problem with the old chassis because i have bought all the new 8 2.0 parts for the SC8ight CORR truck i am building using my old 8T chassis and 8B parts
so i was fairly pissed when it didnt fit

i would fear jacking the servo up with 2 2mm shims would throw the brake linkage rods out....it took like 30sec's of dremeling to take it down enough...but if yours works then awsome.....also it does not state any shims for any servo except the Air...which leads me to think losi didn't even measure the servo's for clearance.

thats a good idea about the 8T/8b Corr truck....what bumper's are you gonna run and body mounts ?
Old 12-16-2008, 04:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Here is my mod to make it fit. The servo is a JR Z9100S, std chassis.
Attached Thumbnails Losi 8ight 2.0 parts on 8ight-T-dsc03192.jpg   Losi 8ight 2.0 parts on 8ight-T-dsc03193.jpg   Losi 8ight 2.0 parts on 8ight-T-dsc03194.jpg  
Old 12-16-2008, 06:00 PM
TIX
Tech Master

thats a good idea about the 8T/8b Corr truck....what bumper's are you gonna run and body mounts ?
Im gonna use a modded LST bumper.
and at the moment im using 8T towers and mounts with a proline desert rat body

i havent done the bumper yet but ill try and get some pics
Old 12-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TIX
i dont think that they will do away with it

but i do think that the old arms and turnbuckles will fit onto the updated car.
so i will be running them until i run out of tires
Thats probably a good thing. That they wont do away with it. I'm sure they did it for a reason and in the long run it will turn out to be a better truck. I'm gonna keep my old truck anyway for a backup so I can use my current tires on it. Besides who knows how long it will be befroe the 2.0
Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would say that 14mm is a little extreem, but who knows. I do know that Truhe and Drake have non disclosure agreements with Horizon and can't talk about stuff before it come out like the 8ight T 2.0
Untill they are told they can do so at least......

Last edited by LosiMadMan; 12-17-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJKinney
Here is my mod to make it fit. The servo is a JR Z9100S, std chassis.

From your pictures your throttle linkage "going to the carb" looks like it is scrubbing the top of your servo case.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Tech Initiate

From your pictures your throttle linkage "going to the carb" looks like it is scrubbing the top of your servo case.
Yes, it was. All worn in now, no problems.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Now I'm sure this question has been asked before and I just haven't found it yet. I know they moved the throttle servo out, but is the steering servo area any different? I'm debating about switching to the 2.0 tray, but since I already have the King Headz throttle servo brace, why would I want to change.
Old 12-30-2008, 12:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It is 14mm on the new chassis..makes it work much better on a rough track..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.