Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dynamite Platinum 21

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 04:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

No damage can be done other then it running better, the HSN house just unscrews there are two washers on the housing make sure they go back in the same spots and just make sure you don't over tightin the housing when you put it back on but tight enough to stay on, let us know how it went, here is a break down of your engine.

http://www.dynamiterc.com/ProdInfo/F...220-Manual.pdf
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gasser
The best combo we have found for the Xp is the 53 pipe and Dynamite Platinum #3 plug DYNP5603.
Is that 053 pipe used with the short (round) or long (J-haped) header? I tried an 063 pipe with long header and had adequate bottom end but nothing on top.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Adept

Gasser is speaking of the Dynamite 053 pipe combo. It comes with the round header. Best all around pipe I have found for the XP!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great engine!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-28-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yah it is the round header. I just back from the track right now and I have to say I am liking this motor more and more. I dropped my clutch bell to a 14 tooth from a 16 tooth, and I added 2 1.1 springs on my clutch. I feel that the motor has good smooooooooooooooth bottom end now. Thank you guys for all of your help. Temps are around 230.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ok, I need some help. I have a 21 SG with a JP-4 pipe an dI am having a hell of a time getting it tuned. To start with I bought it used and it has no pinch when cold so I have ordered a new piston/liner, it was pretty cheap. I know that this is affecting my power so I am not too worried about that, but I have read different suggestions on where to start with the needles for tuning. It will have to be broken in again which I already know, but where should I start with the needles? I don't know if I have the old carb or the new. Should I just follow the manual or do some other setting. Oh I am using an OS #8 but I will try another plug if need be. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have any of you guys ever ridden a 125cc or 250cc 2-stroke with the power valves stuck open? They make absolutely no bottom end power at all. The V-Spec you mentioned is a 3 port, the XP is a 9 port, so all the tuning in the world will not find this engine any bottom end. Bottom end of story. Sell that motor to an Oval guy, they are always pinned and that Motor is perfect for that application. An Oval track is about the only place you could keep the XP in it's powerband.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I just picked this motor up and have about 10 tanks through it im running the khz alum. clutch shoes and a 13t bell on my losi 8 and have no problems with bottom end. My question is what are you guys using for after run oil i read that you cant use it because of the crank, but then in the owners manual it says to use after run oil.