R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

jenkins I do not know where at in iowa u live, I live near Davenport IA, anywho extreme R/C in evansdale (waterloo) will break it in for you, as well as thunder road hobbies in Moline IL.....

Ryan Klemme
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Eb Mods didn't put a ceramic bearing in my EB Vspec that I paid for....so I will never use him again. Ed's new line of motors are beefed up GO motors (hope he isn;t using the GO carb cuz it sucks), so I'm in no hurry to get one of those...

Brian at Pro Twister Mods is having a Dyno built for those who feels it is a must and Brian is a racer at heart. He is out at the track and often toss's a motor to guy and says try this!!!

I think there are lots of great motor guys out there, but EB being some god???? haven't seen it yet. Between my Vspec and Extech, both EB Modded and I had issues with both.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Adam @ ABmods.com best around.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Sorry if I made an educated post Keller
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #20
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Speedski. Did you ever contact Ed about the ceramic bearing supposedly not being in your V spec?.....before you decided to bash him on a public thread..

The EBM5 isn't just a modified GO 5port. There has been alot of R&D in this engine over the past months, and I'm very confident that the M5 will run, and last with the best engines on today's market.

with all due respect..
Ed is no god, and never claimed to be, BUT at EB Mods we know we have the best engine testing facility in the industry. PERIOD!

Last edited by jpalessi; 12-15-2008 at 11:30 PM.
jpalessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:25 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
Speedski. Did you ever contact Ed about the ceramic bearing supposedly not being in your V spec?.....before you decided to bash him on a public thread..

The EBM5 isn't just a modified GO 5port. There has been alot of R&D in this engine over the past months, and I'm very confident that the M5 will run, and last with the best engines on today's market.

with all due respect..
Ed is no god, and never claimed to be, BUT at EB Mods we know we have the best engine testing facility in the industry. PERIOD!
I think the customer service on a scale of one to ten, ten being the best I would rate his company customer service a one because thats were the scale starts. On the other hand the motors I had bought in the past did run very well. But no one ever responded to any calls to date. I must of had over 20 calls over two months. But I don't care, damage is done so I have moved on to reliable customer service. I run my own buisness with 18 employees and would fire someone if this was the way my company operated.
FASTLANE GRAPHIX - http://www.fastlane-graphix.com
Tim Dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:19 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

Ed has answered the phone every time I have called, and he will give you all the time needed to answer all of your questions in regards to his product line, super nice guy
pwnzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwnzor View Post
Ed has answered the phone every time I have called, and he will give you all the time needed to answer all of your questions in regards to his product line, super nice guy
In 07 this was my experience, I tend to stay loyal to a company until something like that happens, that is something I canít stand. I donít kiss up very well and therefore move on and wonít come back. I wonder how many others moved on as well? Iím glad to hear that you are getting good service.
Hope all stays well.
FASTLANE GRAPHIX - http://www.fastlane-graphix.com
Tim Dougherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:12 PM   #24
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post

with all due respect..
Bashing???? I ordered a motor with a Ceramic bearing and it didn't come in the motor. Since the bearing is a expensive part of the mod. I would think it would never be missed???

That was my experience with the VSPEC, then I had trouble with the EXTECH and after several emails I gave up.

I know Ed does good motors, not a doubt. I have had some problems, no biggy. I now have a local guy (Brian at PTM) and I use him. I run 2 companies and the way you responded is now another reason I will stay away from EB.

This is an open forum, get used to it.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:52 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to skeller Send a message via MSN to skeller Send a message via Yahoo to skeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Newland View Post
Sorry if I made an educated post Keller

No need to be sorry....it's a public forum.
skeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 04:56 PM   #26
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jpalessi;5171870]

/QUOTE]

I agree, i cant wait to get my hands on one of these. do you know where its supposed to be released? if so how much

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

contacted brian at pro twister today, responded quickly to my pm, fair price for two new motors broken in, looking forward to recieving these motors back, says he can normally get to them the day they come in.

jlo
jlo8864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI View Post
Brian at Pro Twister Mods. Simply the best. He is on this forum. There is a PTM thread goin. He checks the site daily.

He just tricked out my buddy OS 28 truggy motor. Insane!!!!!! and it gets over 9 min of run time.
I watched a guy tuning an RC8T w/ an OS 28 in it today. That thing was stupid fast! I couldn't believe how much power it was putting down.

"Straights are for fast cars, curves are for fast drivers...."

8ight-E / 8ight-TE / T4 / Slash
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ABMods.com..... Very personable guy with a X Dyno that knows how to use it. The big thing is when you call or email him he actually responds very quickly and also makes smooth monster HP, especially in Vspecs.
Smoothone is offline   Reply With Quote