Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Last Big Race event in PR!!!! >

Last Big Race event in PR!!!!

Last Big Race event in PR!!!!

Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Neobuggy has the results
Truggy King,Maifield, Santiago, Skelton.
Buggy Maifield, Roberts, Drake, Amezua
Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

king broke in the main...
Old 12-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eltorito
No need to lie Integra. EVERYONE knows that LiveRC coverage of the Worlds was spotty. Nobody got to watch the semi races. Shit came back online for the final race.

LiveRC is an AWESOME concept but still has plenty of growing up to do.
None of the free people on Live r/c got on (me) during the Worlds and i seen LOTS of people that paid the extra and couldn't watch either.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Charles Yates
Neobuggy has the results
Truggy King,Maifield, Santiago, Skelton.
Buggy Maifield, Roberts, Drake, Amezua

those are the quali results....Not the main...drake took truggy and Maifeild buggy.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys, just have a question, i was at the event and saw that all of the pro racers use FM radios, why would that be?? i use Spektrum right now, but if theres a good answer i can change back to FM!!

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Triton3d
Hey guys, just have a question, i was at the event and saw that all of the pro racers use FM radios, why would that be?? i use Spektrum right now, but if theres a good answer i can change back to FM!!

Thanks
Mike

because 98% of club level racer's run 2.4 therefor leaving the whole FM band open to what ever they want...especially at BIG events.....Some Pro's will say that they feel more "connected" to their car on a FM system as well....and finally Pro's cant have a runaway or Receiver shut down in a big race...and FM's are less known for doing that.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Integra
because 98% of club level racer's run 2.4 therefor leaving the whole FM band open to what ever they want...especially at BIG events.....Some Pro's will say that they feel more "connected" to their car on a FM system as well....and finally Pro's cant have a runaway or Receiver shut down in a big race...and FM's are less known for doing that.
Thanks, hey what radio do you use??
Old 12-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I use FM for the same reason. The guys think I'm old school but I NEVER have an issue! And never a frequency conflict either.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Triton3d
Thanks, hey what radio do you use??

i personally run 2.4 .... i had issues in the beginning but got them figured out and have yett to have an issue since......ive ran FM and 2.4 back to back...and can feel a slight delay...but its negligible at best.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by scoobie1
The title of this thread is 'last big race'...shouldnt it be 'first big race'????

Its the first big race Ive heard of in PR, and to title the thread 'last big race' would make one think that there may never be another big race there....not trying to be a grammer nazi, just wondering
sorry i put it that way bc it is the last race of the year...my bad...
Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey guys, this was a really cool race. I would say next year it would be worth it for guys to show up and support it(not that this year was not). Juan and his crew built this place from scratch in about three weeks time and had around 250 entries for the first race with nearly all of them from "PR" supporting as local racers! By next year the track will be settled and everything "seasoned" in.

The track has a wash station, covered pitting, power, air, food vendors, security, a huge stand, staging area, large pit lane, and a very large and fun track. Hotels and food are close and the people are very nice, not to mention Puerto Rico is a beautiful place to visit.

It was good to see a place to race where the people have fun, laugh, and have such a positive outlook on the hobby. I watched guys laugh and cheer for winning tshirts, I saw fathers and their kids having a blast with RTR's and truly enjoying what they do, spectators gathered for the action, and in the end those guys are much more grateful for the hobby/what they get to do than our guys here in the states. They work hard, and most did not miss work for the practice day. On friday we had about 50 people running. Saturday it was time for fun and we had a huge crowd. It was a great outlook on things for me personally.

Overall I witnessed a lot of cool things. I seen a horse tied to a street sign so he could graze grass, huge Bulls walked just feet from our pit area to get to food, wild dogs(one of which I tamed and made a friend of), beautiful mountains and scenery, much different driving styles, clear oceans, and just different ways of life. It was a great time! I have pics if someone wants to email me @ [email protected] and post them.

It was nice meeting new friends and helping the locals, taking pictures, and helping them come more to large organized racing yet still having fun!

Thanks!

Alan Burton
Birmingham Alabama
Old 12-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ryan vs Adam A main

Adam Drake vs Ryan Mayfield Last minutes of A main truggy!!!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by greenracing
Adam Drake vs Ryan Mayfield Last minutes of A main truggy!!!

lap traffic needs their head examined.
Old 12-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Regular

Old 12-25-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by greenracing

whats confusing about that. ?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.