Wiki Posts
Search

AE customer service is A++++++

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default AE customer service is A++++++

As many of you know that the RC8 has had some fuel tank problems. Well i bought a used RC8 that was like new and never seen dirt and it had the smoke colored tank in it. This past weekend i raced a local big race here in Dallas Tx called the Lone Star Classic at Indy's RC World in Garland, Tx. During my 2nd round of qualifiying my smoke colored tank busted so i bought a new RC8 tank White colored) and put it on before the 3rd round, well right before the 3rd round i filled it up and when putting the body on I noticed that fuel was every where got to looking and seen the top of the tank all cracked where the lid attaches and where the springs are at so i took it back and they had one more left and before i even took it out of the package i seen the cracks in the top of the tank so the only other choice i had was to put a RC8T tank and measure my fuel out for the last 10min qualifier. So i know the RC8T tank is not the answer because its not legal what should so i put a mugen tank on there for the main.

So i emailed AE about the problem and the responce i got was "for your trouble we will send 2 brand new gen 4 tanks at no cost" and no questions asked, i did not even have to send the old ones in, just told them my story and they are sending not 1 tank but 2 brand new tanks!!
Thats best customer service i have ever had!!!
Old 12-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

thats a rare situation, i had to send all of mine in as they failed, had over 10 replaced, killed the life of 2 of my engines because they would get the air leaks and start running hot, the last time i needed one before i was going away for a race and they wouldnt send it because they were doing inventory,there service was bad enough to make me change cars because of the tank issues, one of the guys that still runs them at the track has changed over 18 so far, dosent seem to get a week out of a tank, even had the latest generation tank break after running it on the track for a few tanks
Old 12-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

AE has gone far further than any other company to fix issues. It's just not possible to keep every one happy. I for 1 am thrilled with the buggy and there customer service.

I believe your experience is not the norm.

18 tanks sounds like there are other issues.

Any company I've worked for wouldn't do anything for you during inventory either.

I do wish you the best of luck. with your current buggy.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For what it's worth, AE has been excellent with me too. Sent me the Service Pack and two new tanks for free.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

With that kind of customer service it will make me stay with AE for a while!!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

they didnt charge me for the stuff, i had to use a xray tank in the car to be able to race it, because they wouldnt send me a tank because of inventory, the car wasnt a bad handling car they just cant make a fuel tank, they are on there 4th generation, everyone of mine would get the internal air leak, they would start leaking after a few tanks of fuel run through them
Old 12-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)

same here ordered two tank got them in the mail broken ears on both two new tanks 4 days later
Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Back in the Monster truck days I had a problem with my MGT. They told me to ship it to them they fixed the problem and upgraded 2 or 3 parts fo me I cant remember and it was pretty fast turn around time too. And I used to race 10th electric and when ever you call their tech line they are always super helpful.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i have never had an issue with ae... great service IMO
Old 12-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I just recently had an awesome experience with thier customer service. I'm an AE fan for sure!!
Old 12-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Very awesome customer service indeed! They sent me a service pack a while back at no extra cost. Oh yeah... I live in the Philippines!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

You mean gen 3 tank. I called into AE today got my new fuel tank. I have gen 2 tank on now it's cracked around the fuel outlet. No big deal just rough it uo CA glue but it passes a few bubbles sometimes because it also cracked inside.
Just asked for new tank RC8 asked for name, address no problem. The guy I got was Don. So thanks for AE
Old 12-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

But the real problem is they still haven't fixed the "problem"....so your customer service had better be good..
Old 12-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Bill Martinez. AE customer service. 2115 when they ask for the extension during the recorded message.

I've had parts replaced, never any "extra" freebies though. I did happen to call him earlier today, for case screws for my 1015 servo.. seems petty but I can't find any to fit otherwise. (yea strange that two top case screws went awol)

I wish they would send me a SC8 "for my troubles" though.... ofcourse all I've had to do since I got my buggy was change from the grey to white tank once. Still using the same one..
Old 12-12-2008, 07:52 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Bill Martinez. AE customer service. 2115 when they ask for the extension during the recorded message.

I've had parts replaced, never any "extra" freebies though. I did happen to call him earlier today, for case screws for my 1015 servo.. seems petty but I can't find any to fit otherwise. (yea strange that two top case screws went awol)

I wish they would send me a SC8 "for my troubles" though.... ofcourse all I've had to do since I got my buggy was change from the grey to white tank once. Still using the same one..

do you still need those screws ? i got Dozen's and Dozens from all the gear set's i fed my 1015's.