R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #91
Tech Adept

MOM LOOK WHAT I FOUND, a im comedy show.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:00 AM   #92
Tech Adept

I didn't know people took RC cars so serious. I thought it was just a hobby. I guess I've got a lot to learn.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:25 AM   #93
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakmazter View Post
It is.....that is the point, there have been several misleading posts about casters not finishing the race and we come to find out that it is usually something like a clutch failure, radio problem, pipe fell off, motor died, flamed out, etc......and the specifics are never mentioned.....

The great news is that people are starting to see it and see the performance of the products on the track. It is very interesting when we have a partially sponsored guy almost lapping a full ride driver only to have a motor failure at the 1 minute mark. It will be pretty funny when one of our guys actually poduims or wins a big race......Just a matter of time......
Caster acts like they want to be someone but in my opinion, they're not going to be. Word gets around in any facet of life and Caster has durability issues, it's not a secret and i'm not trying to hate but to be the best you have to beat the best.
You put out this "looking for team drivers" thread and you don't even reply when i sent you my boys resume. It's ok though he seems to win every single weekend and there hasn't been a Caster beat him yet. At the S.I.C. he came in 7th in Pro Truggy (A-main)in only his second truggy race ever. Bumped from the B to the A in Pro Buggy.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:29 AM   #94
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvx400Rider View Post
I didn't know people took RC cars so serious. I thought it was just a hobby. I guess I've got a lot to learn.
My boy and i have gone through about 6 to 8 grand in 2 years not counting travel and fuel and eats and sleeps, plus all my vacation time, days off with no pay, extra credit homework to make up for classes missed (he still skipped a grade), so yeah it's kinda serious in our house.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 AM   #95
Tech Addict

I borrow buggies to practice with and only on race days do I run my Fleetwood ,I am not sponsored and my laptimes speak for themselves. I teach at our local track , set up, preparation , maintenance, and defensive driving. Most of my students are in the top 100 in the world currently.These guys are privateers and fund their own travel etc. Very few rc guys even know what a Fleetwood is... it is the top of the line in luxury. Some people understand what qualifies it as luxury. I have let some of the pro's drive it like Grouchy and Trigger Daniels ,HippieMan and Hammer. These are recognized experts and they are on the list to get one.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:57 AM   #96
Tech Champion

Can this get published?

People pay good money for a drama!

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
Old 12-17-2008, 04:20 AM   #97
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
Caster acts like they want to be someone but in my opinion, they're not going to be. Word gets around in any facet of life and Caster has durability issues, it's not a secret and i'm not trying to hate but to be the best you have to beat the best.
You put out this "looking for team drivers" thread and you don't even reply when i sent you my boys resume. It's ok though he seems to win every single weekend and there hasn't been a Caster beat him yet. At the S.I.C. he came in 7th in Pro Truggy (A-main)in only his second truggy race ever. Bumped from the B to the A in Pro Buggy.
Sorry but I came in 6th in PRO Truggy at the SIC with the Caster K8T so one has beat him. As far as durability issues, not a single one of the people mentioned early on have had a single diff issue yet in over 4 races and practicing. Just had to shim them right and get used to how they feel when shimmed correctly new and now are good as gold. Just because you did not get a response you get a bad taste in your mouth about Caster? Do you know how many people send it resume's to all kinds of companies and get no response? You know who Hakmazter is on these forums, PM him if you did not get a reply. I have always learned that persistence pays off, NOT asking something once and if I never hear back then forget it. I ask and ask till I get a answer. I personally think something happened and they did not get you message because Mike usually always replies back. PM him and see. It is still worth a try. You never know.

Last edited by vnmsgt; 12-17-2008 at 04:35 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 04:25 AM   #98
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

really hope this pissing-upon-eachother thread will stop at Christmas..
Old 12-17-2008, 04:28 AM   #99
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

seems like caster is getting alot of free advertising, not sure if its good or bad, but i havent really noticed the caster name until this thread kept popping up
Old 12-17-2008, 04:37 AM   #100
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post
really hope this pissing-upon-eachother thread will stop at Christmas..
I thought this thread would be deleted after it was reported but guess the mods do not think so. Half the posts in here have no meaning anyways LOL!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:40 AM   #101
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (99%+)

DRAMA QUEENS!!!

yay for Caster!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 04:41 AM   #102
Tech Master

Hey bgbelden, I think I remember you now. Did your son have like I think a red/yellow or a flag kind of body on his cars? I think I remember you guys waiting to run with your cars sitting on the table under the drivers stand just to the right of the steps and saw your son too. He was fast from what I can remember. Small world.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:12 AM   #103
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Hey bgbelden, I think I remember you now. Did your son have like I think a red/yellow or a flag kind of body on his cars? I think I remember you guys waiting to run with your cars sitting on the table under the drivers stand just to the right of the steps and saw your son too. He was fast from what I can remember. Small world.
This is him
Attached Thumbnails
caster usa piss poor products-pic349.jpg  
Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 AM   #104
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
Sorry but I came in 6th in PRO Truggy at the SIC with the Caster K8T so one has beat him. As far as durability issues, not a single one of the people mentioned early on have had a single diff issue yet in over 4 races and practicing. Just had to shim them right and get used to how they feel when shimmed correctly new and now are good as gold. Just because you did not get a response you get a bad taste in your mouth about Caster? Do you know how many people send it resume's to all kinds of companies and get no response? You know who Hakmazter is on these forums, PM him if you did not get a reply. I have always learned that persistence pays off, NOT asking something once and if I never hear back then forget it. I ask and ask till I get a answer. I personally think something happened and they did not get you message because Mike usually always replies back. PM him and see. It is still worth a try. You never know.
Race# 12 -- PRO TRUGGY - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name id avg.mph
1 3 67 45:19.57 leon mcintosh 39 8.40
2 5 65 45:35.80 seth wrobel 201 8.10
3 8 64 45:07.77 justin cranford 34 8.06
4 9 63 45:09.46 jackie woodard 45 7.93
5 2 62 45:24.74 greg smith 144 7.76
6 7 61 45:14.02 coty ingram 37 7.66
7 1 59 45:07.02 barry pettit 42 7.43
8 15 59 45:42.27 dewayne potter 209 7.33
9 4 57 39:44.75 shannon amos 29 8.15
10 13 52 38:23.35 zachary harper 36 7.70
11 14 51 43:19.85 matthew lawton 208 6.69
12 12 49 36:14.52 tyler burgess 138 7.68
13 11 44 32:56.75 bradly seales 128 7.59
14 6 14 10:02.29 anton wastson 130 7.92
15 10 5 4:36.93 chad olcott 97 6.16
Not unless your name is Coty which it's not.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #105
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Everyone should just go out and get a "Slash" and put this bickering behind them. Seems like people take Slash racing less seriously. It is nice to be on the driver stand listening to people laugh about getting hacked instead of yelling at each other.
Closed Thread