R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   mp777 with big bores setup.. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/258763-mp777-big-bores-setup.html)

didrace 12-08-2008 02:36 PM

mp777 with big bores setup..

Hello there..

On saturday 10 o clock pm i will go back to my country cause i have holidays from uni..
about 5-6 o clock in the morning i am arriving there and 9 o clock i have a race..

I want to prepare the setup of the car and i want to know some stuff for better handling before i go to the race..

i was never able to make a setup that will fit my driving but this time i will have to because i want to drive as good as possible..

i have the mp777 with the big bore shocks and i need a setup that will have a good right height to jump on the bumps and not hiting the front end, and not to flip over very easily..

because when i try to go on a turn with speed the car flios over? any ideas how to solve the prob/

now i run 35 oil on the rear with yellow springs(soft)

45 on the front with red springs (super hard)

how do you guys run yours?

please give me a good setup and any tips before the race..

this is the track..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=AiN7qJ...eature=related

didrace 12-08-2008 03:44 PM

anyone?

pwnzor 12-08-2008 04:12 PM

originally posted on this forum by Mr Ryan Lutz, use the search function on this forum, its very helpful when looking for quick reference.

Cody King – 777 SP2 WC
Big Bore Shock Set-up

Front
-------
5000 diff oil
BIG BORE SHOCKS
shock oil: Kyosho 600
white 6x1.3 pistons
fluor green springs
shock positions: middle hole in tower/inside on arm
22* caster block/camber link inside hole
Short upper arm (IF-329)
L & A block
std sway bar/balls all the way out
arms above level
steering in middle hole on Ackerman plate
droop/shock length = 101mm
-2* camber/2*toe out

Center
--------
6000 diff oil
46 tooth spur/13 tooth bell
3 shoe clutch - 2 carbon, 1 aluminum - 1.0 springs

Rear
------
1300 diff oil
BIG BORE SHOCKS
shock oil: Kyosho 450
white 6x1.3 pistons
fluor green springs
shock positions: upper outside hole in tower/outside on arm
std rear sway bar/balls all the way out
2 deg anti squat
3 deg toe
hubs 2/3 forward
upper hinge pin hole on hub
camber link: out on hub, lower outside hole on tower
arms just above level
droop/shock length = 127mm
-2* camber

jamminnay 12-08-2008 06:33 PM

i would say ryans setup would be a good place to start.. he drives wide open though so it might not fit your driving style

KendallWelch 12-08-2008 07:47 PM

I raced on a track a few months ago here in the US where the dirt was kind of similar to that track; it was dry and hard packed with low jumps. This is the setup I ran BUT I ran Losi 42.5wt in the rear instead of 45wt I had on the sheet. I thought it was very easy to drive this setup fast.
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...nalextreme.jpg

Then this second setup used to be my old standard setup. Both setups work very well, the above one is smoother on entry due to the thicker front and rear oil and since is has short camber links and less toe it is also better in the bumps.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/l...RWCsetup-1.jpg

I can't find a setup from his car but Jerome Aigoin used to have great setups for his WC on european tracks.

Of the two setups above I think I would recommend the top one first.

If your car is traction rolling bad, the first thing I would do is lower the ride height a few mm. Then go thicker oil in the shocks. You might want to go thick oil like in my second setup, I always thought that helped me out. Oh, you can also try less camber, that will make a huge difference; if you are at -2, go down to -1 etc.

Hope that helps.

didrace 12-09-2008 07:13 AM

Guys you have been very very helpfull..

did cody used any spacers on the springs?

KendallWelch 12-09-2008 08:36 AM

I believe he ran 5mm spacers in the front and anywhere from 10-14mm in the rear. That is with the Blue front and Yellow rear springs though, it will change depending on the spring.

didrace 12-09-2008 03:00 PM

Can these buggy compare to x rays 808 team losi and hobao 8.5?

KendallWelch 12-09-2008 03:12 PM

I would say the WC has as much potential as those cars. But I think the Xray, 8.5, and Losi push more than my WC. I have driven all three and they are good cars. I think of those three, the Xray has more potential. The 8.5 was easier to drive fast and you could push it more than the Xray and Losi. But if it were me I would just hold on to your WC right now, then maybe save up and get an MP9 down the road? One of my friends drove my WC and later another guys MP9 and he said they handled the same, the MP9 was just better everywhere! That is my advice.

didrace 12-09-2008 03:17 PM

I noticed that a few years back no one was better than the kyosho..

Now even the mp9 some say is not as good, it does not hadle better and etc..

even in the worlds the mp9 was 9th..
and thats kind of suprising..

KendallWelch 12-09-2008 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by didrace (Post 5147312)
I noticed that a few years back no one was better than the kyosho..

Now even the mp9 some say is not as good, it does not hadle better and etc..

even in the worlds the mp9 was 9th..
and thats kind of suprising..

Well, Cody was in 4th at the worlds then he had a shock issue, there was a pipe sticking out of the ground and he hit it. The Kyosho team had some bad luck at the worlds I think, just small things that just can't be made at that event.

Everyone I have talked to that ran the MP9 said it handles much better than the WC.

I think you would be really happy with the MP9. If you bought it and you need help with setup, just ask questions and we will do what we can to help you out.

didrace 12-10-2008 10:04 AM

So kyosho is still the best?

jepjepjep 12-10-2008 10:12 AM

Back to your original request didrace, if your car is flipping over when you enter a turn with speed, you should try adding more camber to your setup.

didrace 12-10-2008 12:18 PM

well someone else said the opposite....reduce camber

also the length of the shock from where up to where do you measure it?

didrace 12-10-2008 02:21 PM

anyone plz?