R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zixxer View Post
+1 ...... except for buggies being more fun to drive ......but they are harder to drive ....buggies that is.......
I guess my statement was a matter of opinion. For me Buggy is more fun to drive, but that don't mean I don't love my Truggy.

Another thing to take into consideration: If your track has an open Novice class, meaning they mix Buggy, and truggy with Nitro and electric, like some tracks do.......truggies will run over buggies, and not get stuck together like buggies do. i have seen many people, including myself, lose a race because their buggy got tangled up with another one, and the marshal took like 3 minutes to get them apart. You won't have that problem with a truggy
Old 12-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I run both and love both. Truggies are slightly easier to drive. buggies are harder to drive but are more precise and slightly faster when you get some experience. truggies will handle more terrain and are more forgiving. For someone looking to bash aswell as race truggy is it. if you are just gonna race it comes down to what you really want. Keep in mind that truggies are easier to drive so you will be faster with a truggy at first. as for the cost of tires truggy tires are slightly more expensive but they last longer typically and you probably wont need as many sets to have all types of surfaces covered. Truggy bodies are more expensive but how often do you really have to buy bodies? They are both fun. Just pick the one that fits you.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Noob ? on Buggy or truggy

HI I race both. I have to agree with Jaz the buggy is more fun and techincal. ,but in a mixed class you will likley get your A$$ run over but a throttle jockey truggy driver( I have done it a few times sorry if I did it to anyone reading this) I started in the truck and had alot of fun. I am in it for the long haul so I decided to get a buggy and "learn" how to drive it. Truggy will be alot more fun I think after a bit in a buggy. Either way if your going to race... practice and education is the key. You will learn alot in your first six months no matter what you drive. Ask lots of questions most everyone I have ever encountered in RC racing has bent over bakwards to help out wether it be pitting,tech setup, engine woes what ever even that little thingy that broke that holds the do dad together most people are there to have a good time and ultimately have fun and have probably seen the problem your having.and you get to see your friends at the track. Win or lose if you didnt have fun find something else to do. There is alot of info to learn and many hurdles to overcome in the beginning(I am still learning i cant drive my way out of a wet paper bag sometimes.)i don even use my "racecars " other than racing. I have a savage for that and I dont use it cause its not a racer. I say welcom to RC you will have alot of choices and opinions thrown at you. Listen ask and learn before you go throw wads of cash on that 500 engine and have no driving exp think out your choices and before you know it you will be giving the advise and opinions. Good luck and R/c racing (bashing) is alot of fun just ask my bank account. Thanks for reading my rant Good luck See you at the races Jazz at SRS in two weeks. Darrin @ Brujeria Custom Graphixxx
Fearfarm rc/KBRL/The Dirt/
PIMP_9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

pros of truggy
very fun
easie to drive
race almost anywhere

cons of truggy
tires are very expensive
if you start out with truggy than go to buggy it is going to be difficult for you
usually have to buy bigger engine which means more gas to buy
there big.

pros for buggy.
very fun to drive
almsot drive any where
if you start with one will be esier to make tranistion to truggy
builds up experience
usually are very tough

cons for buggy
i cant really think of one.

they are both very fun and expensive but, you will love either one of them