Trader Rating: 8 (90%+)
Default Glow Plug for Novarossi FMS

What os plug would run well in this engine? thanks
franklucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

21-7 fms??? only novarossi or odonnell glow plugs have the same taper on the end of the turbo plugs . os plugs are different in the standard and turbo versions , standard os are short plugs and novarossi uses long plugs . not recommended to use os plugs for novarossi .
happy motoring ,
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:19 PM   #3
Tech Regular

does novarossi have the same taper as axe rossi?
Old 12-07-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Tech Regular

im a little confused you say you can't interchange OS plugs and novarossi plugs because the taper in different, but check this out?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18773

according to the description it says you can use this novarossi turbo plug in the OS V-Spec or a novarossi engine? thanks
Old 12-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Since it's winter time...

Start with this plug:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18776

A Nova 6 turbo will run across a pretty broad range of ambient temps (50-75is F). Works well on 25-30% Byron fuel as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #6
Tech Prophet

you can cram any plug in any engine but that doesn't mean it was designed to be there . any of the turbo plugs have the same thread just different taper that makes the seat and seal . i am not sure about axe/rossi engines pretty sure they are the same as grp taper (dont quote me on that one). i know odonnell and novarossi are meant to go into novarossi underhead buttons .
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 12-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklucas View Post
im a little confused you say you can't interchange OS plugs and novarossi plugs because the taper in different, but check this out?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/18773

according to the description it says you can use this novarossi turbo plug in the OS V-Spec or a novarossi engine? thanks
i really couldn't tell ya why they tell you to use this plug in os engines , they are different !!! they are probably only taking into consideration the heat range
Old 03-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Hyper RX7

Quote:
does novarossi have the same taper as axe rossi?
Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have an answer for this?

I can just get them cheaper in my area, the 97T have been very good so far in my 5KT though.
Hyper RX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Quote:
What os plug would run well in this engine? thanks
I would use the Odonnell 97T nothing else comes close .One of the only glow plugs that works with all kinds of Turbo head engines.

I had a guy from melbourne Victoria Australia who runs Novarossi engines in his boat and has swapped the turbo button for a standard and runs the odonnell plugs 99 standard and tells me he has more power now than what he use to have running turbo .Standard plug is more reliable.

Mike truhe when he was running nova at the pre worlds ran the plus 21 5k with standard plug and left the field behind until he had diff problems.

Houston knows alot about novas im sure he can help .

i hope this info can lead you the into the right path .

just my two cents worth
4th Floor, 3rd Building, KeLunTe Industrial Park, ShangLiLang, BuLan Road, LongGang District, ShenZhen, China
COBRARACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:54 PM   #10
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper RX7 View Post
Sorry to bump an old thread, but does anyone have an answer for this?

I can just get them cheaper in my area, the 97T have been very good so far in my 5KT though.
i havent any dealings with the axe rossi but i can tell you if it is cheap it is probably cheap careful what you buy