R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-06-2008, 05:17 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror
Default What is "Mugen Super Joint Grease"?

Is this just a basic lithium grease? Or it some sort of Teflon or Silicon grease?

I'm starting my Mugen build now, I've been using Lithium grease used on auto's on my dogbones and stuff, but for the Mugen I want to be sure that everything is spot on. Thanks.

While were at it, and on the topic of the Mugen. Any other things I might need while building it? What kind of battery does it take? A hump back or flat pack?
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Not sure on the super joint grease, what ever you use, just be sure not to use too much. I have had good luck with with white lightning dry lube. Grease attracks dirt. O- lube is good too. On the center drive shaves I used mobil 1 grease there because of the dust boot. Be sure you grease the out drives in the diffs and the orings that go on the out drive. I would also say do not use the s3 orings (the very small ones) in the diff it makes them too stiff.

The battery is a flat pack. On the diffs 5f 5c 2r. 400 weight front shocks 350 rear. In standard weight oil losi 32.5 is 400 and 27.5 is 350. The 450 that comes with the kit is too stiff.

Good luck!!
schmidt452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:41 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

i havent used the mugen grease ...but i use
associated green slime on the o-rings in the diffs and the shocks ...
i use bel-ray all weather grease from the motorcycle shop on the ring and pinion int he front and rear diffs....and also in the groove on the outdrives cups .....i dont have boots on my cvds on my x2 jammin ...so i dont use any grease there ..i try not to use any grease or lube on exposed areas .....havent really tried that o-lube ...not sure about it just yet .....

TEAM REDS RACING ENGINES USA
TEAM PROLINE-RACING
TEAM RC AMERICA/XRAY/HUDY
zixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

When there is no boot that is when you use the dry lube. And +2 on that AE green slime that stuff makes o-rings last for ever.

JR servos Hitec servos. Gens ace lipos KO radio.
malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by malik View Post
When there is no boot that is when you use the dry lube. And +2 on that AE green slime that stuff makes o-rings last for ever.

yeh i here ya on the dry lube ...just not sure about it yet ...need to try some i quess

TEAM PROLINE-RACING
Old 12-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

I have some Rock N Roll Gold and White Lightning that I use on my mountain bikes. I might try some of that on the exposed bits.

Any thoughts on if the Team Losi Lipo receiver battery will fit on the Mugen? Or another Lipo that will?
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #7
Tech Elite

not sure compare the dimensions of a mugen pack to that of a losi pack ...should give you an idea ...

on second thought im gonna say ......that i would never put any grease or lube of any kind on any part that is exposed ....it will cause trouble due to the nature of the sport ...its like my nieghbor who runs dirt bikes and is use to using chain lube and stuff ....whebn i showed him my truggy he said ive got some great lube for that spur gear ...and i said no i would never put grease on exposed parts on an rc car .....he just didnt understand that if its built right it doesnt need that stuff and would cause a problem ....

TEAM PROLINE-RACING