Old 12-05-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

real nice considering i got my last week.. very very frustrating
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Tech Addict

AE has always been cool with me. Call em up and give it a shot. Hope it works out for ya.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

for sure jay- call them up see what they say I bet they will still hook you up.
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:14 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

i sure do hope they take care of it... i have always had good luck with them
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

im just hoping mine is the right stock number
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #7

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

very odd for AE to slap folks in the face like this. most of their sales now will come courtesy of people seeing the buggy out there now. so reward those who buy now over those who act as rolling billboards for the product. not to mention those who weathered the service pack that the car needed while teething.

sadly u'll prolly see a bunch of rc8s on ebay. folks trying (and failling) to get most of their cash back on the car b/c (as i've already heard 1 person say) they hope to go back into the shop or online and buy another 1 fresh and with those units (and stockers as spares). silly.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My guess is that they're probably going to add big bores to the kits soon (RC8B maybe?) and this offer is a way to move the kits that are already out there in the retail channel.

With the discount code that is active now at AMain that makes the FT edition $414.00. Add the free big bores and that is a smoking deal!

I'm pretty happy with the buggy I've got, but that deal is pretty tempting to me!
LabRat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
Tech Addict

Look...Business is Business, AE has to turn a profit first. I have been running the RC 8 since it came out and it is still my car of choice. The Big Bores are great and I think the AE special is cool. It will probably help them get out all of their packaged kits, kits in Hobby Shops and inventory. Then they will package the Kits to included the Big Bores. To ask them to give them away to anyone who as ever bought a kit is "Silly".

The kit is just like every other new car to come out. It's gone through it's growing pains, updates etc. If AE sat back and did nothing everyboby would complain, the fact they are doing something (people have been asking for the Big Bores w a new Kit) I think shows they are listening to there customer base. As far as the service packs, they did give them out for FREE, and to anyone that wanted it.

You don't see LOSI giving out the 2.0 upgrade, or Jammin giving out the X2 conversion...So Ultegrasi..your point is not a Fair statement and it's "Silly"

The Rc 8 w Big Bores for around $450.00 is a smoking deal. The AE Big Bores are top notch quality and have been completely re engineered versus the original stock Rc 8 shocks. I have yet to have to do a re-build and Ive had them for over 3 months and race almost every week. You guys will love em.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
Tech Adept

to little to late. i have faught with this car long enough. too many issues. service pack , 3 different gen. fuel tanks, shocks that have to be modded, now 150 dollars for big bores give me a break i have tried to stick it out with this car but enough is enough. dont forget about the top plate and the c , d plates that need to be changed. time for me to find another brand
jyfz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #11
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I find it curious that AE are simply giving away a $100 upgrade. I've talked to a couple of local hobby shop owners and the consensus seems to be that since it's initial release, the RC8 hasn't lived up to (financial) expectations, and this latest sales gimmick only further reinforces my hunch that it's not moving well.

I myself had my eye on the car for a while, but I couldn't get past the QC issues, plastic parts that should never have been plastic, and a host of other relatively minor but annoying issues. I will have to echo ultegrasti's comments with this latest "upgrade" giveaway: it just smacks of a mouthful of "much obliged" to the everyday people who bench-tested the RC8 on their own dime.

Regardless, they will likely have a replacement car sometime next year; hopefully that particular variant will hit the ground running (and hopefully have a kit version this time.) I myself will be watching and waiting patiently
captain america is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:35 PM   #12
Tech Addict

My experience with the car is its been a good experience. I went thru the original top plate issues and only one tank. Since then I've had really good luck. Out of the last 10 races I have run, the only thing I had trouble with (as far as the car) is with the uprade aluminum inputs and a broken upper A arm (hard landing off the triple and I was way out of shape). Nothing wrong with the stock ones, this was just an experiment and I wouldn't recommend them, material is to soft. I do maintain my car probably more than most, but to me it's normal maintance.

Most of these races I've ran 30 min mains and no other trouble.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic

Too bad I can't fudge the date on my reciept by 1 yr . Wait I already have AE big bore shocks on now
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Modhobby has the rc8 on sale for $399 and has three of them in stock. $399 for the rc8 with big bores is just tempting enough to try and run three classes next season
soccerlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #15
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You guys drive me crazy. Because they are doing things for people buying cars now, its not right. Great way to go through life. How could you ever buy a computer, by the time you fire it up for the first time, its already obsolete. Plus, look at it like this. Its the last month of the year. Maybe they are trying to get there sales up, and with it being one of the only cars without big bore shocks, the stock shocks are hurting sales. Just a thought.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote