R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-06-2008, 09:14 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile

I just wanted to say to everyone who is knockin the RC8 and Rc8 owners that r giving up on it. AE is the only company I know of out there who you can get the newest mods and set up tips. You are right. The car was a big handfull in the begining. I bought one of the first batch cars. I have went thru 10 fuel tanks 8 rear dog bones Top plates front arms and steering knuckles and so on. I was and inch away from giving up on it. I just kept thinking about the way it drove. Even when it let me down so many times. I cant drive a car like that one. I tuffed it out and did all the mods and waited for better parts and its awesome. I still run the oem shocks. The car is dialed. Wait until the new version is released. An updated RC8 is in store for 2009
Money Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:46 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I second Money Mike's points.
golferdude1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:33 AM   #18
Tech Addict

+ 2 with Mike. Except I didn't have very many issues, but I did upgrade from the beginning in several areas. Car is Dialed Big Time now. Very happy with it's performance.
SPEEDSKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:54 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

I am sure AE is trying to give a good deal to those that have not purchased an RC8 yet. All of the true die hard AE fans have already picked up our BB Shocks and have them on RC8s.

This would also be a great deal for guys looking to sell their used RC8 after racing it a season and upgrading to the most current kit.

I think you guys need to relax and not feel like you are being short changed because you purchased a kit prior to the sale. Life is to short guys, enjoy the racing that you get to do, because with the economy they way it is not everybody can race R/C cars or has a job to support their R/C habits.

See you guys on the track and keep the rubber side down.

Later
Kevin Boyle
I
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
very odd for AE to slap folks in the face like this. most of their sales now will come courtesy of people seeing the buggy out there now. so reward those who buy now over those who act as rolling billboards for the product. not to mention those who weathered the service pack that the car needed while teething.

sadly u'll prolly see a bunch of rc8s on ebay. folks trying (and failling) to get most of their cash back on the car b/c (as i've already heard 1 person say) they hope to go back into the shop or online and buy another 1 fresh and with those units (and stockers as spares). silly.

R
Ryan Warfield,

I am not sure if it is slap my man.... Just think of it as way to upgrade an old ride for a new one.

You need to think more positive man most of your post are negative dude. Life is to short.... Just enjoy the racing.

Later
Kevin Boyle
Kevin Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:47 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I bought my car Nov 27th. You've got to be kidding me.
markhat250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to abramsM1

I got the car in November also, this is very annoying seeing as I can't even find the front shocks anywhere.
abramsM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Contact AE and explain when you bought the car. Show proof of purchase and give them a chance to be cool about it. They have been nothing but outstanding for me.

AE runs a business and like every other business (save 5013Cs) it's trying to make the biggest profit possible. If they can jack sales at the end of the year by bundling the big bores then more power to them. The more AE makes the more then can put into R&D and the more they'll be able to support their customers. They have excellent forums, they are incredibly helpful in person, over the I-net and when you call in, and they consistently make high quality cars. Just like any car, real or R/C, sometimes you get a lemon. I got my RC8 used and have had only minor issues and believe me I drive it hard (lack of skill will do that)!

R/C is a luxury hobby. It's expensive and time consuming. It's not something you do to save a buck. It should be fun! If you don't like AE or your RC8 then find a manufacturer you like and stay focused on enjoying the hobby.

Incidentally, I had my RC8 running pretty darn well with the stock shocks, which I have for backup, but the big bores are worth the $150 for sure.

My $.02
Old 12-08-2008, 03:57 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I talked to AE on the phone about getting a car a few days before the deadline. They were willing to work with me, because if i would have knowm, i would have waited.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:40 PM   #25
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Quote:
Originally Posted by abramsM1 View Post
I got the car in November also, this is very annoying seeing as I can't even find the front shocks anywhere.
Ditto, my situation exactly.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:58 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
I talked to AE on the phone about getting a car a few days before the deadline. They were willing to work with me, because if i would have knowm, i would have waited.
thats awesome i am hoping they will do the same for me.. i would have waited a few weeks for a $150 gift ya know??
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:04 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
thats awesome i am hoping they will do the same for me.. i would have waited a few weeks for a $150 gift ya know??
let me know how it turned out for ya,,, you cheater lol
t4usee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 03:34 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jamminnay Send a message via MSN to jamminnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4usee View Post
let me know how it turned out for ya,,, you cheater lol
LOL
jamminnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default RC8

I am glad that I waited to get mine. Sorry guys!
Jmnay_83 is offline   Reply With Quote