R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default N21BF head button?

I have a 2001BF novarossi engine that has about a gallon and a half on it. I was wondering if I could use the WS7T turbo head button on this engine since they are both short stroke novarossi based engines? I have done some porting on this engine but I have not done any timing changes. what do I stand to gain from the turbo head change.
__________________
Jarad Henderson
Caster Racing parts plus crpplus.com
Team Finish Line Racing
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

well I know you would check to see if the bore is the same but other than that i'm not sure.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
well I know you would check to see if the bore is the same but other than that i'm not sure.
Both have a 16.42mm bore

I also have a composite WS7 II carb that could be used as well if it is any better.
__________________
Jarad Henderson
Caster Racing parts plus crpplus.com
Team Finish Line Racing
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
gameholic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349
Default

The WS7T insert will work on the that engine but you will have to get a new cooling head with it, i recomend the trinity phat head it's big and will match with your D8 lol
I did this mod on my RB S5 and it was a monster with a P3 plug Snappy low end torque and it had a bit more on top as well.
What kind of run times you're getting with your .21BF i would like to try this engine if the run times are competitive.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x195svt View Post
Both have a 16.42mm bore

I also have a composite WS7 II carb that could be used as well if it is any better.
Yes that carb would be much better.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
The WS7T insert will work on the that engine but you will have to get a new cooling head with it, i recomend the trinity phat head it's big and will match with your D8 lol
I did this mod on my RB S5 and it was a monster with a P3 plug Snappy low end torque and it had a bit more on top as well.
What kind of run times you're getting with your .21BF i would like to try this engine if the run times are competitive.
Why will the cooling head not work? I have a WS72 head I can use so it's no big deal.

I can't give you a accurate runtime as of yet because I have been still running the engine a bit on the rich side. I just got a gallon on the engine. I got just over 6 minutes like that but the engine was really loading up at low rpm and only running 180 after 30 minutes.
__________________
Jarad Henderson
Caster Racing parts plus crpplus.com
Team Finish Line Racing
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x195svt View Post
Why will the cooling head not work? I have a WS72 head I can use so it's no big deal.

I can't give you a accurate runtime as of yet because I have been still running the engine a bit on the rich side. I just got a gallon on the engine. I got just over 6 minutes like that but the engine was really loading up at low rpm and only running 180 after 30 minutes.
Well the ws7 head will work for sure. Does the stock head use a seperate button? if so it will work too but if not obviously it won't.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Tech Regular
 
gameholic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349
Default

You never actualy said you had the cooling head, i assumed you were only planning on getting the head button. since the Novarossi BF doesn't have a removable insert I was just saying you will need another cooling head cause the stock one will not work.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 271
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
You never actualy said you had the cooling head, i assumed you were only planning on getting the head button. since the Novarossi BF doesn't have a removable insert I was just saying you will need another cooling head cause the stock one will not work.

The 21bf does have a removeable insert. I was trying to figure out why the stock cooling head wouldn't fit the WS7T head insert.

I did have a old RB WS7 II a while back that needed rebuillt but all I could find for it was the cooling head and the carb. I might still find the rest one day. I will have to buy the WS7T turbo head button because the older WS7 II was a standard plug.
__________________
Jarad Henderson
Caster Racing parts plus crpplus.com
Team Finish Line Racing
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Tech Regular
 
gameholic2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 349
Default

Ok that clears things up then.
I assumed the BF had the 1 piece cooling head like the RB S3 S5 and standard S7 sorry for the confusion, hope everything works out for you.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Houstons Engine Service H.E.S. houston Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 8821 06-17-2017 12:29 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:05 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net