R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default N21BF head button?

I have a 2001BF novarossi engine that has about a gallon and a half on it. I was wondering if I could use the WS7T turbo head button on this engine since they are both short stroke novarossi based engines? I have done some porting on this engine but I have not done any timing changes. what do I stand to gain from the turbo head change.
x195svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

well I know you would check to see if the bore is the same but other than that i'm not sure.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
well I know you would check to see if the bore is the same but other than that i'm not sure.
Both have a 16.42mm bore

I also have a composite WS7 II carb that could be used as well if it is any better.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:27 PM   #4
Tech Regular

The WS7T insert will work on the that engine but you will have to get a new cooling head with it, i recomend the trinity phat head it's big and will match with your D8 lol
I did this mod on my RB S5 and it was a monster with a P3 plug Snappy low end torque and it had a bit more on top as well.
What kind of run times you're getting with your .21BF i would like to try this engine if the run times are competitive.
gameholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x195svt View Post
Both have a 16.42mm bore

I also have a composite WS7 II carb that could be used as well if it is any better.
Yes that carb would be much better.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
The WS7T insert will work on the that engine but you will have to get a new cooling head with it, i recomend the trinity phat head it's big and will match with your D8 lol
I did this mod on my RB S5 and it was a monster with a P3 plug Snappy low end torque and it had a bit more on top as well.
What kind of run times you're getting with your .21BF i would like to try this engine if the run times are competitive.
Why will the cooling head not work? I have a WS72 head I can use so it's no big deal.

I can't give you a accurate runtime as of yet because I have been still running the engine a bit on the rich side. I just got a gallon on the engine. I got just over 6 minutes like that but the engine was really loading up at low rpm and only running 180 after 30 minutes.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by x195svt View Post
Why will the cooling head not work? I have a WS72 head I can use so it's no big deal.

I can't give you a accurate runtime as of yet because I have been still running the engine a bit on the rich side. I just got a gallon on the engine. I got just over 6 minutes like that but the engine was really loading up at low rpm and only running 180 after 30 minutes.
Well the ws7 head will work for sure. Does the stock head use a seperate button? if so it will work too but if not obviously it won't.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
Tech Regular

You never actualy said you had the cooling head, i assumed you were only planning on getting the head button. since the Novarossi BF doesn't have a removable insert I was just saying you will need another cooling head cause the stock one will not work.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
You never actualy said you had the cooling head, i assumed you were only planning on getting the head button. since the Novarossi BF doesn't have a removable insert I was just saying you will need another cooling head cause the stock one will not work.

The 21bf does have a removeable insert. I was trying to figure out why the stock cooling head wouldn't fit the WS7T head insert.

I did have a old RB WS7 II a while back that needed rebuillt but all I could find for it was the cooling head and the carb. I might still find the rest one day. I will have to buy the WS7T turbo head button because the older WS7 II was a standard plug.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
Tech Regular

Ok that clears things up then.
I assumed the BF had the 1 piece cooling head like the RB S3 S5 and standard S7 sorry for the confusion, hope everything works out for you.