Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFMAR Worlds, RC Pro Series.......

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default IFMAR Worlds, RC Pro Series.......

I'm by no means a good 1/8 scale racer yet, but I will be with time. I see the RC Pro Series mentioned a lot and went to their website and saw that they have events in a lot of states. I've learned much there but still have some questions. Do you have to attend races in all states to race in the finals at the end of the year? Are the finals invitation only? Concerning IFMAR. I know it's one of, if not THE, spectacle of off-road racing and I understand it's invitation only. What race groups do the IFMAR officials look at to determine who to invite? I may never reach last place or any place at all at these levels or I might do uncommonly well, time will tell. I'm in KS, what tracks hold the big races in KS and the Midwest? Thanks guys, Brett.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

for rc pro you do not have to race in all states.. just id your devision.. take a look at this years schedule eon rcprosites.com and that should give you an idea if there are any in your area
Old 12-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Default Schedule

Thanks jamminnay, I looked but didn't see any 2009 schedule yet. I don't know what time of the year they start, perhaps the 2009 schedule hasn't been finalized yet.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC Pro is working on a 2009 schedule and it should be out soon. You have to race in at least one divisional race to run at Finals. The top 10 in each class get invites first. If those do not fill up then they open to alternates which are those that have ran at least one race in that season.

To qualify for IFMAR worlds you need to finish towards the top of a qualifying race (ROAR Nats the year before Worlds) or send your resume in to ROAR and try to get on as an alternate.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Qualifiers

So the ROAR Nats are basically the qualifiers for the Worlds? Are the Nats invitationals as well? If so, what racing bodies do they select their racers from? Are these races held in different places from year to year? Where were the NATS held last year?

Last edited by BrettL; 12-22-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The IFMAR event is the World Championship. IFMAR is the International Federation of Model Auto Racers. IFMAR events are contested be representatives of member countries - with each country being allocated a number of places by their regional bloc (the regions are ROAR (US & Canada?), FEMCA (Asia and Australiasia), EFRA (Europe) and FAMAR (I think africa and sth america). Each country then figures out its own qualifying/selection process.

IFMAR run world champ events in 8th GP offroad (buggy only), 8th and 10th GP onroad, 10th EP offroad and 10th/12th EP onroad, plus 5th onroad. Each event is held every two years. The 8th GP IFMAR World Champs were held in 2008 in the US, and are likely to be hosted in Asia in 2010 (seems that China is favoured to host).

For more info on IFMAR WC events, go to www.ifmar.org
Old 12-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

idk if anyone has mentioned this, but you also need a licsense to race in roar races.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Default membership

I have read that ROAR membership is required. Is this the one you are referring to? Are there any others required to run at the RC Pro Series? I've read their website and it seems the only one.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

you have to be an rc pro member for all rc pro events.. i believe that it is $25 a year but i am not sure.. that membership is to help cover the tracks if and when someone gets hurt