Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Out of this whole thread I have read I am just flattered Caster was mentioned on the list above with all the other brands. People must be buying it because if not, nobody would know about it! LOL!
I meant no disrespect to anybody...i'm glad you see the humor in it

I left off a few because...holy jesus there are a lot of cars out there. I mean, come on...Has anyone in the states seen an Ishima?
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have not seen one but that buggy just won the Belgium championship..
Old 12-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=D8;5123275]HEY DWOOD... you need to stop your name calling in this forum, THERE IS NO NEED FOR THAT!!.. I just looked at all your post and comments under your profile and you need to relax dude. there is no need for a lot of the things you say.. you have a very narrow mind
QUOTE]

This will be my last post in this go nowhere thread. D8 didnt you call me a name? Just wondering because its relavent to your post. What is the things I say that are not needed? The facts? Okay I wont state them anymore I will ramble and spout off opinionated filled facts, then me and you can be buddies.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
They don't understand they'll be throwing parts at it, they buy into the marketing. Well if it won the worlds and costs less therefore I will be a champion with this same car. It did prove it's capability in this one race. The others have been proving their durability and quality for years.
Are you kidding me tell me how many racers put upgrade parts on there R/C car no matter who's the manufacture is. All of them including factroy drivers

Last edited by pdmustgt; 12-05-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Default I have

I have raced the D8 since it arrived in the uk and i've got to admit its the best buggy i've raced.

BUT after every race it needs alot of attention and parts have already worn out.

So i bought the mp9 last week and i've got to admit its amazing it oozzess quality all over and has had alot of thought put into every aspect of the build. Not saying the D8 hasnt but the quality cannot be matched unless you use a new d8 each week.

It just feels fantastic, the radio tray could fit 3 2300 lipo's in it compared to the 1200 lipo that only just fits into the d8 but again they very different and for different markets.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

i have seen 2 guys at the track i race at go from the cheapest car to the most expensive after they realized the d8 wasnt any good
Old 12-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3
I meant no disrespect to anybody...i'm glad you see the humor in it

I left off a few because...holy jesus there are a lot of cars out there. I mean, come on...Has anyone in the states seen an Ishima?
The Ishima Buggy is actually a Caster with different shock towers for laid down shocks. Everything else is identical.

D8, it is cool to know it won the Belgium Championship though.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Damient
I have raced the D8 since it arrived in the uk and i've got to admit its the best buggy i've raced.

BUT after every race it needs alot of attention and parts have already worn out.

So i bought the mp9 last week and i've got to admit its amazing it oozzess quality all over and has had alot of thought put into every aspect of the build. Not saying the D8 hasnt but the quality cannot be matched unless you use a new d8 each week.
It just feels fantastic, the radio tray could fit 3 2300 lipo's in it compared to the 1200 lipo that only just fits into the d8 but again they very different and for different markets.
A true comparison here!

The D8 is obviously a great car, no-one doubts it, It just cannot compare in the quality department, It would if it was manufactured in Japan, and would cost the same if so.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
Are you kidding me tell me how many upgrade parts on there R/C car no matter who's the manufacture is. All of them including factroy drivers
Re-read your sentence and translate for us please.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
A true comparison here!

The D8 is obviously a great car, no-one doubts it, It just cannot compare in the quality department, It would if it was manufactured in Japan, and would cost the same if so.
Well said, going fast and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You can find examples in RC, motorcycles, cars, and just about everything else where something can be fast but much lower in quality in comparison. The better driver always wins.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:00 AM
Tech Adept

Finally some great comments....

Thank you...
Old 12-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DWood
Let me make it really easy

D8 = Pinto
MP9= Porshe

comparison done
LOL!!!
Old 12-05-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mugen9112
Im surprised you aren't considering the mugen x6. Yes yes I know this thread is called "MP9 compared to D8" but I just wanted to point out that the mugen is priced right, comes with nice race options and is extremely competitive. Then again maybe you have already considered the x6 and then narrowed it down to the mp9 and d8, but think twice because the x6 is a sweet ride...
The same can be said for that Xray 808....
Old 12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
Well said, going fast and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You can find examples in RC, motorcycles, cars, and just about everything else where something can be fast but much lower in quality in comparison. The better driver always wins.
Exactly.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
The Ishima Buggy is actually a Caster with different shock towers for laid down shocks. Everything else is identical.

D8, it is cool to know it won the Belgium Championship though.
It certainly is an interesting looking buggy with those lay down shocks (The Ishima)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.