R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #76
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All cars have good and bad things. From what I have personally seen with these 2 cars, they are equally fast and are equally tough.

Personally, I would not buy a Kyosho due to the price. Its not that I don't have it, its that I do not believe its worth it. I can buy just about any other car and enough spares for an entire season for the same amount.

Both cars are good, period. Look at what your LHS supports and that should help your decision.
Answer RC USA
Fastlane Graphix
free2day77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:45 PM   #77
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Lets see..

RCpro Finals, TQ and win
Kyosho masters, win
RC-X games, TQ and win
RCpro West, win
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 PM   #78
Tech Regular

oh.. and just as in other motor sports, at the top level, its 90% driver 10% equipment. At the end of the day, isn't this supposed to be for fun?
Answer RC USA
Fastlane Graphix
free2day77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #79
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2day77 View Post
oh.. and just as in other motor sports, at the top level, its 90% driver 10% equipment. At the end of the day, isn't this supposed to be for fun?
+1

A D8 is not gonna make you world champ.. a MP9, 808, RC8, Eight2.0, MBX6, will not make you a world champ.. get whats in your budget, and enjoy it. learn that car, and get as fast as you can with that car.. See what your hobbyshop provides for parts, and support your hobby shop..

In the end, we are all racing for fun, and competition..
Proline Racing / RC America / Xray
dgrobe2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:05 PM   #80
D8
Tech Master

you can have a $3,000 dollar buggy but with out a good driver it will never see the light..
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #81
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
Lets see..

RCpro Finals, TQ and win
Kyosho masters, winRC-X games, TQ and win
RCpro West, win
Like any other car would win that race...just joking dgrobe, thought it was funny.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:59 AM   #82
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrobe2112 View Post
WOW... thats aweful bold, to call out someone like that. Paul and Cody King are prolly the 2 most open people and competative in this industry. And they welcomed anyone with open arms to look at their cars, and ask questions. Heck, i was right there while PK was putting the car back together for the A main.. I didnt see the worlds car, however i did see the car at the RCpro National Finals. And that car was bone stock. With the exception of shock pistons maybe drilled or something.. but everything on the car, looked exactly like my car. Everything.

I not sayin the car is the best for you.. you buy whats best for you. But coming on here and saying he didnt run a bone stock car.. when the car was just released.. with all the options there is currently for the car.. is a bold statement..

Well how else can you say it I'm not going to suger coat it. Damn he went on and on we have this and this this makes us better I'm sorry but it don't. But many other R/C manufactures have stepped up to the plate and proving it. It's not all R/C car that makes it look good #1 thing is the driver.
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:09 AM   #83
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the kyosho and other high end buggies are for people that understand you get what you pay for, the d8s are for the people that dont understand that they are gonna end up spending more in the long run replacing cheap parts until they actually decide to buy a good car
cjm1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:39 AM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

MP9 whats that?, I've Pre-ordered now for a MP10 for only $1299 I'm sorry but this thread just shows that PPL really do believe you have to spend big $$$ to get quality, its simply not true. 98% of the people buying any 1/8th buggies go no further than the local track anyway, so why all the hate? just because you spent 2X more doesn't guarantee a win or will hold up any better.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:02 AM   #85
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

Im surprised you aren't considering the mugen x6. Yes yes I know this thread is called "MP9 compared to D8" but I just wanted to point out that the mugen is priced right, comes with nice race options and is extremely competitive. Then again maybe you have already considered the x6 and then narrowed it down to the mp9 and d8, but think twice because the x6 is a sweet ride...
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #86
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen9112 View Post
Im surprised you aren't considering the mugen x6. Yes yes I know this thread is called "MP9 compared to D8" but I just wanted to point out that the mugen is priced right, comes with nice race options and is extremely competitive. Then again maybe you have already considered the x6 and then narrowed it down to the mp9 and d8, but think twice because the x6 is a sweet ride...
I considered all three and bought the Mugen. The Kyosho has priced itself out of the option list, I don't drive well enough to justify the cost, nor is it with how much they're asking for it. I don't like how HPI parts come on a "parts tree" giving you more crap than you generally need. And after seeing the HB-D8 in person I realized it's a lot of plastic. Not that they all aren't, but the D8 just felt more like a toy. With that being said, they're all great cars.
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mugen9112

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
the kyosho and other high end buggies are for people that understand you get what you pay for, the d8s are for the people that dont understand that they are gonna end up spending more in the long run replacing cheap parts until they actually decide to buy a good car
As always +1
Mugen9112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 AM   #88
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rearviewmirror Send a message via Yahoo to rearviewmirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjm1126 View Post
They don't understand they'll be throwing parts at it, they buy into the marketing. Well if it won the worlds and costs less therefore I will be a champion with this same car. It did prove it's capability in this one race. The others have been proving their durability and quality for years.
rearviewmirror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:26 AM   #89
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim3Wav3 View Post
If you buy a MP9 it means you have a small Penis.

If you buy an D8 it means you have a small brain.

If you buy an MBX6 it means you like balls.

If you buy a Losi 2.0 it means you weren't paying attention in your SpEd classes.

If you buy an 808 it means you don't shave your bush

If you buy a Jammin you are from South America

If you buy a CEN...well, im sorry!

If you buy a Hyper you must be confused.

If you buy a Caster...i mean, come on, who's buying a Caster?

If you buy an LRP you probably have body odor issues.

If you buy a TQ SX8...wait, you got it for free.

If you buy a __________, it means ______________

etc.
Out of this whole thread I have read I am just flattered Caster was mentioned on the list above with all the other brands. People must be buying it because if not, nobody would know about it! LOL!

And I must say, the D8 has done way better than I thought it would.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #90
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
MP9 whats that?, I've Pre-ordered now for a MP10 for only $1299 I'm sorry but this thread just shows that PPL really do believe you have to spend big $$$ to get quality, its simply not true. 98% of the people buying any 1/8th buggies go no further than the local track anyway, so why all the hate? just because you spent 2X more doesn't guarantee a win or will hold up any better.
LOL
That is exactly what I think. It seems like most people here think the Mp9 will break just because it costs $900. It breaks guys trust me. I've seen it. Bottom line is this if you race at your local track buy which ever car you like, but don't start writing in forms how much the cheaper stuff sucks and it's cheap and feels like a toy. Who ever can drive better at you local track is going to win regardless of vehicle. My friend drives the Hot Bodies Lightning Pro Evo2 and qualified in the A main, in the expert class, against the big name drivers. Heck I have barely ran two Buggy races in my R/C career with a D8 and Finished in second in my first race and was gonna win the second race, but I broke. haha

Bottom line the driver is the one who makes the difference.
If Adam Drake ran 1/10 electric he could beat use casual racers with an RC10 (yes the original gold tub chassis)