Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

the d8 is a great beginner car , just not what i would want to race with
my opinion
Old 12-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

If you look at the connections behind the D8, it's very interesting. Josh Alton, Travis Ameszcua, Jessie Robbers.... Does this remind you of anything? All these guys worked under/with Gil Losi Jr. They did a good job with this car that handles well on the track, and to me, it's no mystery. It's always in the people behind the effort that makes a success.

As for the MP9, we have had allot more time with the car now. For the Worlds, we basically got the car a few weeks before the race, and they said, "go race". Basically, we were racing pre-production cars. This coming year and the 2010 Worlds, we should really be buttoned up. The car is getting better and better with some set-up changes here and there. I'm sure Japan will change a few things as always happens when they make improvements. With Jared on the team, and the support network we have at Kyosho, we feel very good about 2009.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Don’t forget guys the Kyosho MP9 is still the only car to be produced in Japan. So no its is not expensive compared to the parts you get probably the fairest priced buggy, also wages are higher and we all know the Japanese take pride in their work with strict QC .. If I had the cash MP9 without any questions..

Which is better I don’t know but Kyosho always innovate never imitate.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pitpop
If you look at the connections behind the D8, it's very interesting. Josh Alton, Travis Ameszcua, Jessie Robbers.... Does this remind you of anything? All these guys worked under/with Gil Losi Jr. They did a good job with this car that handles well on the track, and to me, it's no mystery. It's always in the people behind the effort that makes a success.

As for the MP9, we have had allot more time with the car now. For the Worlds, we basically got the car a few weeks before the race, and they said, "go race". Basically, we were racing pre-production cars. This coming year and the 2010 Worlds, we should really be buttoned up. The car is getting better and better with some set-up changes here and there. I'm sure Japan will change a few things as always happens when they make improvements. With Jared on the team, and the support network we have at Kyosho, we feel very good about 2009.
with some help form pk and a few other kyosho boys my cars only geting better and better ever time i run it
Old 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Getting back to subject of how they handle compared to each other, I will share my thoughts on testing of the two.

MP9:
Super sensitive steering (too good).
Car's excelleration is lightning quick, you will find your self overshooting jumps at first and finding the right timing on run ups to jumps may take some getting use to.
Shocks are best in the business.
Durability is excellent (use some washers on the inner hinge pins, see Kyosho thread).
Chassis finish is excellent and is tops in this class.
Great jumper
Nothing wrong with this car other than it can be too good for some. This car reacts "NOW"!!!

D8:
Car was one of the easiest to drive fast and it could be pushed without going over the edge.
Car is a bit heavy but maybe why it feels so planted. Your top motors will be able to push this car with no problems.
Durability is excellent
Maintenance is super easy (4 screws to take out your radio tray)
Brake bias adjustment is easy to get to as they are both on top.
Shocks did not handle larger bumps as well as MP9
My set up had a push but I am sure that could have been taken cared of with minor changes.

IMO, the MP9 is not the easiest car to drive but when driven right the rewards are great and you will achieve better lap times than the D8. On the other hand, the D8 will provide you with consistent lap times and that's what wins races.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thank you all for your posts. LOL, I told my brother not to post this as I knew it would become a flame war. He still is not sure what to do. He likes how my D8 handles as everyone said it is very easy to drive, however, he has it set in his mind that every time he sees a MP9 his eyes glow with excitement.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

gotta love this thread

D8 is the best car for the money period!!!!!

Mp9 is a nice rig nice quality.. Its no Xray though, so let no one be confused Xray Highest quality there is Period.

2008 Worlds report for those who missed it
D8 3-4 upgrades Winner!!!!

Losers:
Kyosho no upgrades as there should never be any upgrades ever with that price tag lol

I dont recall the losi 2.0 guys having any upgrades at the worlds...

Not sure about the Mugen ..

OD car no upgrades

Associated well they need upgrades so we'll leave them out of this

Man these all guys should have had some upgrades LOL

PK Jammin,Losi,Hobao,Mugen guys didn't have much time with their new worlds car either so that excuse is Null and Void. We wont even mention how many Kyoshos' that were entered about 30 or so oops said I won't mention that oh well....
Hmm now thats stacking the deck lol
Old 12-01-2008, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
Thank you all for your posts. LOL, I told my brother not to post this as I knew it would become a flame war. He still is not sure what to do. He likes how my D8 handles as everyone said it is very easy to drive, however, he has it set in his mind that every time he sees a MP9 his eyes glow with excitement.
Then he should get the MP9, if he doesn't mind spending the green, he will be very happy with it.

I went through the same issues, tried to convince myself that another, less expensive buggy will be good, but kept admiring the MP9. I bought it, and although haven't run it yet, am completely excited about the buggy, and have already forgotten about the outlay. There is nothing worse than buyers remorse, which he will get if he settles for anything less.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by njballa
gotta love this thread

D8 is the best car for the money period!!!!!

Mp9 is a nice rig nice quality.. Its no Xray though, so let no one be confused Xray Highest quality there is Period.

2008 Worlds report for those who missed it
D8 3-4 upgrades Winner!!!!

Losers:
Kyosho no upgrades as there should never be any upgrades ever with that price tag lol

I dont recall the losi 2.0 guys having any upgrades at the worlds...

Not sure about the Mugen ..

OD car no upgrades

Associated well they need upgrades so we'll leave them out of this

Man these all guys should have had some upgrades LOL

PK Jammin,Losi,Hobao,Mugen guys didn't have much time with their new worlds car either so that excuse is Null and Void. We wont even mention how many Kyoshos' that were entered about 30 or so oops said I won't mention that oh well....
Hmm now thats stacking the deck lol
How'd the D8 go at the RCPro finals? I know the MP9 went OK.
We'll see you at the next worlds final will we?

As far as it being no xray, that's true, it's Kyosho, I know I like what I see

Run what you want, and leave the self justification out of it.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustinD
D8 Wins Worlds
Kyosho cost 3 times as much and 3 places back ????
Yes a d8 you cant buy bottomline. Take the parts that were on the worlds d8 and you are up there. Oh wait you cant even get the parts. Good lord some of you can be uninformed. Out of the box the mp9 is no upgrades required. To make the d8 anywhere close, get out the check books my friends. You cant argue that. Once again discussion over.

Just wanted to add tell me where you can buy that Hara car for $350? Wait is that another discussion killer LOL all you drull cup retards make me laugh. You are oviously the 9-5 pay check to pay check, get what you pay for non believers. Shhhhh dont tell anyone but Santa Clause isnt real either. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Last edited by DWood; 12-01-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DWood
Yes a d8 you cant buy bottomline. Take the parts that were on the worlds d8 and you are up there. Oh wait you cant even get the parts. Good lord some of you can be uninformed. Out of the box the mp9 is no upgrades required. To make the d8 anywhere close, get out the check books my friends. You cant argue that. Once again discussion over.

Just wanted to add tell me where you can buy that Hara car for $350? Wait is that another discussion killer LOL all you drull cup retards make me laugh. You are oviously the 9-5 pay check to pay check, get what you pay for non believers. Shhhhh dont tell anyone but Santa Clause isnt real either. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
LOL, better go back and look at the worlds again and all the pics that was taken
Old 12-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Actually the longer rear shocks Hara ran are available:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29597
And I believe here's the shock tower to go with it:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/2731
Old 12-02-2008, 03:47 AM
D8
Tech Master

relax woodie!! there is no need on calling anyone a retard...
Old 12-02-2008, 06:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There were only two prototype parts on the D8 that are not available yet. One is the prototype lightweight chassis and the other is the aluminum center CVD outdrives and that is it!! The other parts were off other Hotbodies or HPI cars.

You forget that three STOCK D8's placed in the Amain at the worlds so I don't want to hear this about how a stock D8 cannot compete with the others in this class. In fact I bet most of us drivers can't take full advantage of all the extra upgrades that Hara had. Now i'm sure it can be made better with those upgrades just as I'm sure the Kyosho boys can find ways to make the MP9 better.

As long as your happy with your 750+ dollar purchase I'm happy for you. I could not justify spending that much on a unassembled uncomplete toy car.

Last edited by x195svt; 12-02-2008 at 06:39 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Adept

It's just like any other industry...say bicycles for instance. You really don't need a top of the line full suspension Cannondale mountain bike to ride to the river trail but if you have the dough why not?

It's your money....get what makes you happy. I have owned other cars and driven every single one of the cars mentioned at my local track before I bought my car. I liked the MP9, Xray and the 2.0. MP9 made me smile....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.