Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP9 compared to Hot Bodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bogi
Even Hara knows that the stock box car isn't good enough to win..that's why he took parts from another car to make it better. I'm sure the new car will be better but that remains to be seen.
NO car that level is straight out of the box. NONE of them.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
NO car that level is straight out of the box. NONE of them.
+1
Old 12-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nowwwww Look what ya started!!

Ok, you cant all be serious? All these cars are contenders. In the right hands, any of them can win.

I went from my Losi 1.0 to the D8. I kept my 8 until I knew if I was going to like the D8. I sold it after the first outing. Its just a great car.

ALL cars wear. Plastic especially. If the D8 wears faster, then the parts prices are cheaper, so......

Im not going to talk bad about any of these cars. They are all great cars. Find one that suites your driving style, and your WALLET, and go for it. A less expensive car does not mean its bad, and an expensive car will not make you win a race.

Oh by the way, I beat alot of more expensive cars this weekend. What does that mean?

PEACE!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

All you D8 bashers must not have owned or built a D8. The D8 is a great car and the build was so much better than the MP9. I have owned and built every new car out there except for the MBX6. Quality of parts on the D8 is no worst than any other car on the market, all cars will break (well except the Xray). All have their weaknesses. D8 has issues with their outdrives, MP9 has issues with their bushing inserts, Losi 2.0 has issues with their shock towers, ZO1B had issues with shock bushings, 808 had issues with their speed bearings wearing out too fast, RC8 had issues with front end breaks, on and on.

Point is the D8 will run with any other car on the track regardless of price and it is one of the easiest cars to drive.

BTW, before you think I'm an MP9 hater, I currently run an MP9 and love it.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I have nothing against the MP9, I just dont think the price is right. I really think its kinda crazy. Is it a good car yes, as I already said but I will never justify that price. But I am not 1 of those guys that have $ to burn.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Kyosho doesn't have issues with the bushings, we haven't touched them for months. I've forgotten they are even there.

Comparing these two cars is an exercise in futility (for that matter, so is my post in this thread! ). D8 users AND MP9 users will defend their cars to the death, for opposite reasons. It's just the way it is.

Comparing the D8 to the MP9 is ludicrous. NO CAR has the quality Kyosho has in the steering knuckles, hard-anoed aluminum pivot balls, super high quality drive train, bearings, etc., etc.

Cody's chassis was box stock at the Worlds... period. Not only that, I didn't replace anything on Sunday. After we made the main, allot of people were telling me "replace this, replace that", and I'm like, "no thanks." I just did it like we always do it, leave it alone.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Default ps...

... the MP9 is expensive because it's expensive to make.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xpertpredator
My brother has a Losi 8ight and is considering switching. He is curious how the Mp9 handles in comparison to the Hot Bodies. I have the D8 and he likes the way it handles but he wants to know about the Kyosho.
The saddest thing about this whole thread, is how everyone (including myself) forgot about the original question, and just started ranting thier personal opinions about the car they drive.

The question wasssssss how do they compare when it comes to handling. Not which car is better, or made out of better material.

Nowwwwww, has anyone driven BOTH, so that Xpertpredator can have his question answered?

I cant answer, since I have not driven the MP9.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

D8's are selling quick. I was watching one seller on E-blag who had them for a good price w/ free shipping. He had 8 of them earlier today and now they're sold out! Looks like winning the world's has really paid off for HPI.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Addict

Ive seen The MP9 at our local track 3 times and it has 3 DNF's due to mechanicals. Ive been to 3 large events recently and have yet to see a MP9 win. I run AE so I have no motive for either company. I think either car is great....

BUT FOR ALL THE KOYTOY GUYS TO BE CLAIMING ITS THE LAMBORGINI OF RC CARS.....YOU REALLY MAKE ME LAUGH!!!!! $850.00!!!!!! FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN THAT PRICE IS CRAZY AND NOT JUSTIFIED.

I do not blame anyone for spending that kind of money, each to their own. But 25-30% more in cost than your average pro-kit and it isn't tearing up the tracks anywhere???? And to say it again, there were four D8's in the Worlds Amain, one in the hands of a kid yet to hit puberty
Old 12-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
Kyosho doesn't have issues with the bushings, we haven't touched them for months. I've forgotten they are even there.

Comparing these two cars is an exercise in futility (for that matter, so is my post in this thread! ). D8 users AND MP9 users will defend their cars to the death, for opposite reasons. It's just the way it is.

Comparing the D8 to the MP9 is ludicrous. NO CAR has the quality Kyosho has in the steering knuckles, hard-anoed aluminum pivot balls, super high quality drive train, bearings, etc., etc.

Cody's chassis was box stock at the Worlds... period. Not only that, I didn't replace anything on Sunday. After we made the main, allot of people were telling me "replace this, replace that", and I'm like, "no thanks." I just did it like we always do it, leave it alone.
I agree with itsshemp, lets get this thread back on track. He didn't ask for a comparison of quality, he just asked about the handling. I cannot comment on the handling of the MP9 because I've not driven one. Since the OP has a D8 I need not say anymore about the D8.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

lol itsshemp, so true

these debate threads always end up talking quality over performance, the reason being they all perform well

in my own defense, I was responding to other posts, ie. the other cars weren't stock, etc.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

+1
Old 12-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lol itsshemp, so true

these debate threads always end up talking quality over performance, the reason being they all perform well

in my own defense, I was responding to other posts, ie. the other cars weren't stock, etc.
I too got caught up in responding to some other posts. I had started to respond to your last post actually but I think we would have just been spinning our wheels so I just went back to what itsshemp said.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.