R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #61
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton

Robb D- when and where are you racing next? I can explain more and show you more in 30 minutes about the car than two days of typing on here. Be more than glad to take some time at the track with ya, watch the car, recommend changes, and answer any questions about wrenching on it.

We will be in Myrtle Beach this weekend if you make it down there, it's a great race you wouldn't be dissapointed, track is awesome as well.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:14 AM   #62
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default badlands

Brandon,
thanks for the offer I am not sure if I am going to make it out to the badlands this weekend so I may have to catch up with you or CP at Overcash next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Melton View Post
Robb D- when and where are you racing next? I can explain more and show you more in 30 minutes about the car than two days of typing on here. Be more than glad to take some time at the track with ya, watch the car, recommend changes, and answer any questions about wrenching on it.

We will be in Myrtle Beach this weekend if you make it down there, it's a great race you wouldn't be dissapointed, track is awesome as well.
robbdny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #63
Tech Addict

Default MBX 6 Build vs Losi

As I said I am a newbie to this sport but I will tell you what, those of you running Losi the Mugen MBX6 Kit Blows the Losi out of the water in quality in every way. Everything I mean everything is made with such better quality!!

The Losi is not a bad car but its like comparing a Chevy Camaro Z28 to Mercedes CL 65 AMG Sedan.

Now I understand what everyone was saying!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 AM   #64
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Mod Hobby has front and rear big bores for under 100 shipped. The battery mod is really simple.

Everyone i race with that has the mbx6 is doing everything they can to calm it down. And none of them are finishing 20 minutes mains. The tank issue is an issue, but when you get the car, remove the nipple, put some sealant on it, then reinstall and your done. Plus AE will send you a new tank to replace the broken one.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #65
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
Everyone i race with that has the mbx6 is doing everything they can to calm it down. And none of them are finishing 20 minutes mains. The tank issue is an issue, but when you get the car, remove the nipple, put some sealant on it, then reinstall and your done. Plus AE will send you a new tank to replace the broken one.
How many MBX6 are racing locally and why can they not finishing a 20 minute main?
Savoya had no problems in finishing 3rd at the Worlds in a 1 hour main and had only had the car a matter of days to work out a setup. The only mods from box stock kit were alloy towers and rear hubs with a Ti screw kit which are all available from Mugen.
paul_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #66
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_j View Post
How many MBX6 are racing locally and why can they not finishing a 20 minute main?
Savoya had no problems in finishing 3rd at the Worlds in a 1 hour main and had only had the car a matter of days to work out a setup. The only mods from box stock kit were alloy towers and rear hubs with a Ti screw kit which are all available from Mugen.
R u seriously trolling me??

we have 4 non pros that all went from 5r's to 6's, and 2 pros. The pros are doing better with them, but they are pros, which someone who is trying to decide between the 2 cars likely is not. One of our fastest non-pros is having a hard time with his 6. Hell, the amateur state champ, who won last month won it with a 5 prospec, not even a 5r. He beat 3 6's, 2 of which were broke on a track that only had 2 jumps. You might have heard of said track, since it host the Silver State race every year.

Both have the potential to be great cars, i will give them that. I still say, look at who has them around you. Also if you have pros that run, see what they are running. They are the best place to get setup help. That is why i will start running AE, and selling my xray.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #67
Tech Addict

Default continued

Anyone interested in this thread it is still going strong on the AE RC10 RC8 Forum here is the link. Maybe this topic did some good! Now with the purchase of a RC8 they are giving you free BB Shocks

http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/inde...20&#entry30462
http://www.rc10.com/misc/120408_bbgiveaway.htm
Old 12-10-2008, 11:51 PM   #68
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrayeddy View Post
Mugen all the way. RC8's out of the box are sloppy and only get worse. And, from what I've seen around here , they handle like crap as well. Even in the hands of very good drivers.

I heard if you jump a mugen when it lands it folds in 2
pdmustgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:52 PM   #69
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdny View Post
Anyone interested in this thread it is still going strong on the AE RC10 RC8 Forum here is the link. Maybe this topic did some good! Now with the purchase of a RC8 they are giving you free BB Shocks

http://www.aeforums.co.uk/forum/inde...20&#entry30462
http://www.rc10.com/misc/120408_bbgiveaway.htm
Did if you buy your RC8 in December?
Old 12-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #70
Tech Addict

Default ?

No I bought it over Thanks Giving. So far so good, I can honestly say I am really happy with my decision.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:19 AM   #71
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post

I heard if you jump a mugen when it lands it folds in 2
and i heard if you have an rc8 and you clip a pipe the upper plate breaks, and i heard the rear hinge pin holder bends which lets the arms fall out and i heard the fuel tanks have an internal leak and i heard you need to modify the shocks to make them work and i heard the plastics are really weak and i heard you need a service pack to make it last... ETC.......

Ive not had a problem with my mbx6 not broken the upper hinge pin support not bent the chassis or any other supposed problem, we have seen all the mbx6's finish the races as well normally 1st

but on the other foot my rc8 was very good to me i didnt have a problem with it but some people did

go figure ???

Neither are bad cars, all cars have issues just like their full scale breathren pick one drive it win with it love it

Easy!!
Megacrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #72
Tech Addict

Default AE Beating me up

The AE RC8 guys are beating me up pretty good on the RC8 forum. Here is the link, I thought you Mugen Guys HAd My Back!

If you look in the AE RC10 Forums under RC8 you will see my post its worth the time to register to read what people have said
Old 12-13-2008, 01:39 AM   #73
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megacrash View Post
and i heard if you have an rc8 and you clip a pipe the upper plate breaks, and i heard the rear hinge pin holder bends which lets the arms fall out and i heard the fuel tanks have an internal leak and i heard you need to modify the shocks to make them work and i heard the plastics are really weak and i heard you need a service pack to make it last... ETC.......

Ive not had a problem with my mbx6 not broken the upper hinge pin support not bent the chassis or any other supposed problem, we have seen all the mbx6's finish the races as well normally 1st

but on the other foot my rc8 was very good to me i didnt have a problem with it but some people did

go figure ???

Neither are bad cars, all cars have issues just like their full scale breathren pick one drive it win with it love it

Easy!!

and I heard if you crash your mugen into a Savage it eats it up and poops out a caster buggy caster is a copy of a mugen more or less
Old 12-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #74
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdny View Post
The AE RC8 guys are beating me up pretty good on the RC8 forum. Here is the link, I thought you Mugen Guys HAd My Back!

If you look in the AE RC10 Forums under RC8 you will see my post its worth the time to register to read what people have said
We not beating you up over on AE forum
Old 12-13-2008, 08:50 PM   #75
Tech Addict

Default I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdmustgt View Post
We not beating you up over on AE forum
The AE guys are only defending there turf. . Going back to what was originally said, I made a decision based on what I thought was best for me not for anyone else. We were all newbies at one time.