R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   tire wars:( v3 revolver vs city block) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/256150-tire-wars-v3-revolver-vs-city-block.html)

Zerodefect 11-26-2008 04:28 PM

tire wars:( v3 revolver vs city block)

Seems the hot tires for clay tracks.

Anyone have an opinion on which works better where?

The way it seems to me:
Hard blue groove= Holeshots or GRP cubic
Slightly less hard pack with dust= revolver or city blocks
Regular track= crimefighters or bowties

SPEEDSKI 11-26-2008 06:22 PM

Track with some bite or moisture......Try a AKA Grid Iron. They are the hot tire around here. Me Likey!!!

Integra 11-26-2008 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by SPEEDSKI (Post 5097610)
Track with some bite or moisture......Try a AKA Grid Iron. They are the hot tire around here. Me Likey!!!

I can see these performing Very well on hardpack bluegroove...there a little bigger lug then a Holeshot and they have aka quality all over them....im liking the set i just glued up today. :nod:

bgbelden 11-26-2008 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Zerodefect (Post 5097207)
Seems the hot tires for clay tracks.

Anyone have an opinion on which works better where?

The way it seems to me:
Hard blue groove= Holeshots or GRP cubic
Slightly less hard pack with dust= revolver or city blocks
Regular track= crimefighters or bowties

Exactly the same here except i didn't like my cubic's on anything but the loamiest track.

infanterene 11-26-2008 09:32 PM

The tire of choice at my track has always been holeshots. That is soon going to change when more people try out the Gridirons. Ive gone through 2 sets already.

I still have 3-4 sets of Holeshots I need to get rid of.

fiveoboy01 11-26-2008 10:35 PM

I ran soft gridirons at a hard clay track last weekend. The clay was very moist. I felt that they gripped a little better than the Switch clay tires I also tried, though I would have liked to get a little more drive time to compare the two.

I've got a set of cityblocks all set for next spring, I can't wait to try them. They should be the perfect tire for our outdoor track:nod:

pdmustgt 11-26-2008 11:11 PM

AKA grid iron I just got going to try them on indoor clay track

Mlbracing 11-27-2008 12:36 PM

I just got me some City Blocks and I-beams for a race this weekend

looks like they are gonna be easy to mount and foams feel great

jyfz2 11-27-2008 01:11 PM

proline is really gonna have to step it up with the quality of thier molded foams if they think they are going to compete with aka. in fact the rubber quality is better the tires last longer more balance more consistent handeling. in my opinion proline and aka are not even in the same class

scapbell7 11-27-2008 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by jyfz2 (Post 5100639)
proline is really gonna have to step it up with the quality of thier molded foams if they think they are going to compete with aka. in fact the rubber quality is better the tires last longer more balance more consistent handeling. in my opinion proline and aka are not even in the same class

Thats was what I was thinking when I glued mine up and ran all last weekend a set of aka city blocks. Only concern I have is are the foams a little to stiff some one made the comment to me about the foams and I was actually wondering the same myself but I am not a tire expert either. But I do like the AKA's.

Slippery 11-27-2008 02:27 PM

Would have to say the AKA's are great tire to mount up no prep required :nod:
As for the Prolines there is way to much trimming just so you can get them to sit right into the rim :( there quality needs to pick-up real quick
even the VPPro tires have no Prep to be done and they are a few$$ cheaper :nod:

Integra 11-27-2008 09:32 PM

after mounting up a set of Ibeams Citi and Grid irons......i found them all to need a little weight added....they spin nice...but are still out prolly a gram or 2. :nod: but Damn are these nice tires......Proline who ? :lol:

tony montana 11-28-2008 08:24 AM

if anyone needs some cityblocks and gridirons Im selling some, cityblocks are soft on white aka wheels, ran about a half a tank thats it, also some grid irons, about 10 mintues of runtime, blue compund on white aka wheels. 65.00 shipped for both sets.