Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Old 12-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Chris k

you must ride the small bus wherever you are from if you honestly think young fellow under the radar Billy fischer who finished 2nd at buggy nats and is pretty well known everywhere he races isn't top tree. and what do you think Drake - truhe - maifield and the others where born sponsored really? Really? You need to get a job at the local wal-mart you have way to much time to ponder down yonder.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
Chris k

you must ride the small bus wherever you are from if you honestly think young fellow under the radar Billy fischer who finished 2nd at buggy nats and is pretty well known everywhere he races isn't top tree. and what do you think Drake - truhe - maifield and the others where born sponsored really? Really? You need to get a job at the local wal-mart you have way to much time to ponder down yonder.
+1
Old 12-01-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diamondracing
Chris k

Woooooaaaaaa there big boy - READ what I wrote - NOT what you 'think' I wrote!!!!!!!

Billy Fischer does his job quietly and VERY efficiently - without a buncha' noise. THAT was where my 'under the radar' comment came from - possibly I should have spelled it out a bit better...

BUT

I'm not sure that earned me the 'short bus' comment!!!!!!!!

AND, I was asked to name ONE - which I did! Happens to be one that I know and know the story on.... Nothing was taken away from ANY of the top national drivers - I just answered what I was asked! Of course NO ONE was born 'sponsored'!!!

As for the part time job at Wal-Mart - I don't need anything to take up my extra time - I'm plenty busy as it is and certainly don't appreciate THAT reference either!

AND, I'm sure the folks at Caster are proud of you and where you have taken this thread - which up to YOUR post had avoided name calling and finger pointing and questioning of abilities!!!!!!! I'm sure your mature outlook will allow you to represent Caster the way THEY want to be represented both ON and OFF the track!

NOW, back to your regularly scheduled programming and thanks for playing!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think its a pretty good idea to get their name out there. I am willing to run Caster even know I never seen 1 of their cars in person before. The review in Driver is going to help alot also. I came from racing 10th scale electric to 1/8 last year and found my calling. I after my 1st coupe races prettymuch dominated. All the guys I ran electric with told me that going to truggy and buggy will be much easier to drive but I wasnt shure. I already got an engine sponsor for 09 and want more, I even am taking a few months off work in spring and summer to travel to big events. I want to go to some big races to see how I do and because my local tracks let electric truggies and buggies run with the nitro's which to me is alittle unfair. This makes me mad when I send my results to a company I am trying to get sponsored from and they see I was lapped twice in a 30 minute main. But the results dont tell that that car was electric and never had to pit. Sorry for the run on.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default Name Calling

I'm sure being as diplomatic and funny as Mike is he is not looking to slam anybody and would not want caster represented in this fashion. Mike replied to all of the questions in a pure professional manner, and from what I can see expects the same from all team members. He has said time and time again it is not weather you make the A main it is how you represent Caster.
I believe that Chris K raised some I brows and that the younger racers are letting there testosterone get the best of them. Mike answered all of the questions and Chris finished his reply in my eyes by saying good luck and he is going to keep an eye on things to see how they work out for Caster Racing.

The main point of this thread is about the new release of the 1.5r and it is going to be fantastic and allow all drivers to better themselves on and off the track as Caster continues to build its reputation.

Did you know that the only hop up that will not come with this buggy is pretty much a 2 piece motor mount. What other companies offer that in there pro kits.

I am a new Team Driver and have been sponsored by other companies that also had c, d and b main drivers it is always word of mouth and who you know that gets you the sponsorship. This company is giving everybody an equal opportunity.

Best of luck to all that have joined and lets continue to represent Caster in a professional manner and allow people to base there decisions on track performance and racing edict.

Has anybody looked at www.casterracingusa.com and clicked on the zoom button to check out the pics of the 1.5r nicccceeee
Old 12-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

To answer Chris K and anyone else who is wondering. ModHobby.com does intend to carry the full line of Caster Racing Products. The main issue is trying to get everything input in the catalog because this is all happening so fast. To jump start the Caster Racing Product line, we have added the new ZX-1.5R Buggy to the site. Please feel free to pre-order this item:

http://www.modhobby.com/catalog/detail/CRP-ZX-00015-PK
Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Chris, glad you asked and glad you are paying attention. I suppose it depends on how you look at it in general. Let's say you are a small company and you want to end up over time being a big company and you know no one in the industry. What do you do?

A.) Spend thousands of dollars if not tens of thousands of dollars on an ad campaign? At that point, we are still at square 1. Who is Caster Racing? Is it Xray, no. Is it himoto, maybe, should I buy it because of a cool ad? not sure.....

B.) Throw the whole system for a loop and offer products at pretty much cost (break even instead of burning up money) to people who are willing to risk it or try something new, etc..... and have a presence at tracks where we currently do not exist. We received a wide range of qualifications and a wide range of personalities, etc.... There are some names that are possibly recognizeable and some guys that have hardly any credibility, but they wanted to try to represent us to the best of their ability. People are not stupid and they know exactly what we are trying to do. It benefits them financially, and we are in an area with a car on a track. We take the risk of hoping we made the right decision and it is a 50/50 shot.

C.) Speaking of which....here is the whole system for a loop comment. There is nothing more infuriating for me than the current race rules for major events, etc.... Caster Racing makes everything from tires to starter boxes and since we make a complete car, we cannot give out sponsorships, but at the same time companies like Byron's and Proline can do whatever they want when everyone who races knows that tires are the most important thing a racer needs to be successful racing that particular day....but that is a different story all together.

D.) Is it a scam? How can it be? How is it different from the rumors that I heard that hotbodies was giving out free kits at a race? Are those guys 100% drivers?

If anyone wants to help us get into the mainstream and can think of a better way, please feel free to advise me and I am being honest and serious about it. We can use all the help we can get, but to be honest, I am following a practice that was done in my other life in the consumer electronics world...I just think that it hasn't ever been seen in the RC one....
+1 all the way..here in my local tracks, no one know what caster is....well if i make the cut, i will impact 200 hobbyst's direct and many more indirectly plus LHS, for much less than a full blown 2 page ad in a mag, and besides, an ad in a mag doesen't give you advice, setup solving and direct contact in a race day...
Old 12-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man alot going on in here. Glad I finally got my computer back! Felt lost without it. So I am here to say I WILL BE THE NEXT BIG TIMER TO WIN THE WORLDS WITH THE CASTER NEXT YEAR!! LOL!

I don't know, I just had to say that

Anyways. I talk to Mke all the time everyweek and I can assure everyone he has the best things in mind for Caster and all of its drivers. Takes feedback no matter good or bad and gets things done. Just wait till people get this
1.5R in there hands. Should be awesome!

I honestly think Mikes way of doing this is going to be better than all the advertising because people will actually be seeing these products in person instead of in a picture which you can ask any new driver who has recieved there buggy or truggy if they have not been shocked upon seeing there car compared to what they thought it would look like coming from a company few people have heard of.

As for the comment of maybe having a failure when running and being a team driver, well that sort of is the reason for being team drivers too, to find out problems and relay them back to make the product better and better. Team drivers in my eyes are the testers of a product and therefore get stuff cheaper and learn what works and what does not work on the products. Yes even with the full blown production models you still come along with problems, I know the D8 has some axle problems or something, Kyosho ST-RR had knuckle and diff problems, MBX6 has upper hinge pin problems, all this gets worked out little by little, nothing is ever perfect.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by modhobby
To answer Chris K and anyone else who is wondering. ModHobby.com does intend to carry the full line of Caster Racing Products. The main issue is trying to get everything input in the catalog because this is all happening so fast. To jump start the Caster Racing Product line, we have added the new ZX-1.5R Buggy to the site. Please feel free to pre-order this item:

http://www.modhobby.com/catalog/detail/CRP-ZX-00015-PK

cool listing...I like how the pics get larger as you scroll over them
Old 12-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yeah I really hope I make the cut too... I would even take a 50% sponsorship and be happy. Thats what I have from Race Factor and am grateful for it, they can turn to full at any time.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Well, just so everyone knows, it is Dec 1 and we are officially done taking applications for team drivers. Malik is the last one to see. I can assure everyone that we did not give sponsorships to everyone that applied. We picked up about 20-25 drivers and to be honest, out of a $5,000,000,000 per year industry, I seriously doubt we affected anything by doing it.

That being said, hopefully those who are interested will have the opportunity to see a Caster product on the track and in the pits in some big areas of the country where we are not present. Phase 2 is to start hitting up hobby stores. I honestly believe that with holeshothobbies starting the ball rolling and getting a few others talked into our company from a hobbystore owner perspective got a few hobbytownusas and modhobby on board. Once they start moving our products, then hopefully, more will follow....

It has been a real struggle over the last year and it has been a learning experience for everyone involved with Caster. I just hope that our new team drivers understand what their purpose is and also understand that some parts they get are sometimes prototype. Ultimately, our goal is to provide the best products we can at a fair price for the end consumer.

And finally, it is a year contract that might or might not be renewable, just like the pro drivers. It is serious to us and we intend on treating the sponsorships professionally. Never know, we might be practicing for someone famous for 2010.....
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

KUDO'S to you Mike. Everything that I've read positive can only lead to bigger and better things.

As for myself, racing schedule is big for next year. I'll finish out the winter series at Mike's rc world in Bellingham WA. In a new Caster ride at the beggining of the new year.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-rc-world.html

Then the summer fun begins, man I love racin outdoors. The Northwest Championship Tour, then the MAN CUP in Idaho, ROAR Region 11 Gas Regionals.
Oh and of course local club racin, cant forget to support the locals. Lots of racing to do.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:47 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
Well, just so everyone knows, it is Dec 1 and we are officially done taking applications for team drivers. Malik is the last one to see. I can assure everyone that we did not give sponsorships to everyone that applied. We picked up about 20-25 drivers and to be honest, out of a $5,000,000,000 per year industry, I seriously doubt we affected anything by doing it.

That being said, hopefully those who are interested will have the opportunity to see a Caster product on the track and in the pits in some big areas of the country where we are not present. Phase 2 is to start hitting up hobby stores. I honestly believe that with holeshothobbies starting the ball rolling and getting a few others talked into our company from a hobbystore owner perspective got a few hobbytownusas and modhobby on board. Once they start moving our products, then hopefully, more will follow....

It has been a real struggle over the last year and it has been a learning experience for everyone involved with Caster. I just hope that our new team drivers understand what their purpose is and also understand that some parts they get are sometimes prototype. Ultimately, our goal is to provide the best products we can at a fair price for the end consumer.

And finally, it is a year contract that might or might not be renewable, just like the pro drivers. It is serious to us and we intend on treating the sponsorships professionally. Never know, we might be practicing for someone famous for 2010.....
Mike.. now that you have one of our LHS in my area "modhobby".. don't forget to call Eddie Gunn at Full Throttle Hobbies here in Conyers,GA.. their website is down because they are updating the site, but call Eddie Gunn at 770-922-8585 or 770-722-0282..

Carlos...
Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

WOAH!

Alot to read in this thread!

I have to say i had to stop for a minute, my eyes HURT.

After reading this, im pretty excited for 2009. It looks it will be a great season for this team. Places to go, people to race with. All for the good.

2009 is just about a month away

Charge your radio, load your trunk, and go racing!

Gonna be a good year,
Old 12-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default hmmm

Chris k dont you work for and take pics for RC DRIVER the magazine?

Last edited by eazy2; 12-02-2008 at 11:15 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.