1 degree toe out front wheels
2 degrees negative Camber front and rear wheels
5-5-2 diff fluid
Rear lower hinge pins in UP position
Front upper hinge pins in UP position
Front shocks in inner hole on lower arm and outer hole on tower
Rear shocks in outer hole in lower arm and 2nd to outer hole on tower
Rear upper arm in middle center hole on tower and outer hole on hub

If you are running larger tracks the 44T center spur will be ok. If you are runner shorter tracks you need to get the 46T spur that came out with the 1.5R, which will give you alot more bottom end.

Do you have a pic of it? Just want to see what steering turnbuckles are on it. If they are stock 1R ones then you should upgrade to the 1.5r ones. The old 1R ones were known to break a little to easily. 1.5R ones will not break.

Do you have a 3 degree toe plate on it? If you do and its fine your ok. If you find it pushy at all try the 2.5 toe plate.

You should love that buggy. It was known for being extremely easy to drive and drive fast.
Thanks for the response. I don't have a pic yet, but will post one soon. What engine would you recommend? I was thinking O.S. with a JP3 pipe. My local track is more on the medium side.
M3dreamin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #527
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
is there any difference in performance between the older front upper arms and the new style ones?
yes there is. The new style upper arms are not as wide and are moved more forward toward the tower. They take the caster out of the front knuckles and make them stand more straight up supposedly making the steering alot more aggressive. The old style arms make the knuckles laid back alot. I have these new arms on my RTR ZX1.5R with the crappy RTR ackerman plate and the thing turns which I did not expect. The same ackerman plate with the old style upper arms and the buggy pushes like crazy.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #528
D8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
yes there is. The new style upper arms are not as wide and are moved more forward toward the tower. They take the caster out of the front knuckles and make them stand more straight up supposedly making the steering alot more aggressive. The old style arms make the knuckles laid back alot. I have these new arms on my RTR ZX1.5R with the crappy RTR ackerman plate and the thing turns which I did not expect. The same ackerman plate with the old style upper arms and the buggy pushes like crazy.
thanks for the info chris!., i will order me a set asap.
Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 05:51 PM   #529
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
Thanks for the response. I don't have a pic yet, but will post one soon. What engine would you recommend? I was thinking O.S. with a JP3 pipe. My local track is more on the medium side.
If you are not going to change out the 44T spur to a 46T I recommned getting a motor with good bottom end, which the OS has. I run a Trinity Extech on mine and it screams in a buggy, bottom end all the way to top. I have one left on special here http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=426

Another really good motor to get is the Werks B5 which I can get for you too. http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=543 a ton of people are running this motor where I am at and its an awesome motor.

You will not be disappointed with the OS.21 though.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:20 PM   #530
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnmsgt View Post
If you are not going to change out the 44T spur to a 46T I recommned getting a motor with good bottom end, which the OS has. I run a Trinity Extech on mine and it screams in a buggy, bottom end all the way to top. I have one left on special here http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=426

Another really good motor to get is the Werks B5 which I can get for you too. http://holeshothobbies.com/index.php...roducts_id=543 a ton of people are running this motor where I am at and its an awesome motor.

You will not be disappointed with the OS.21 though.
How easy the Werks B5 to tune? I'm looking for something fast and easy. I ran nitro touring a few years back and had a terrible time keeping the engine running. I had a RB and Sirio at the time
M3dreamin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #531
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3dreamin2008 View Post
How easy the Werks B5 to tune? I'm looking for something fast and easy. I ran nitro touring a few years back and had a terrible time keeping the engine running. I had a RB and Sirio at the time
I never change mine more than 2-3 hours since the original tune. I love the way it tunes, I have found it to be very consistent.
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:24 AM   #532
Tech Master

I hardly ever see the guys tuning theres at my track. No problems at all.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #533
Tech Master

I have my ZX1.5R up for sale. It will come as a ROLLER with NO motor/pipe or servos. It will also have a white wing on it and NOT the yellow in pics. It has the mod done to it to move the rear shocks in front of the rear tower. Can be switched back to stock by just reinstalling the parts original way. This buggy has been the most reliable RC I have ever owned. You can see in one of the pics that the rear of the chassis is not worn thin or anything. Front lower A-arms have taken a beating but are not broken as I wanted to see how long they would last. Guess they lasted too long lol! I am having too much fun running the RTR 1.5R that I have not been racing this so up for sale it goes. $200 plus shipping

Old 06-29-2010, 05:53 PM   #534
Tech Master

Here are a couple pics of it actually cleaned up some. Also since the last pics posted I went through the buggy and did a complete new setup on it and put it on the Huddy. Also installed new front lower A-Arms and has a new front tower on it and a new rear skid plate. You will not be dissapointed with this buggy.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:20 PM   #535
Tech Master

NEW Caster ZX1.5R Pro Kit buggies are now $325!!!! Best price ever to be able to get this buggy at.