Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

And without a rear wing!
Old 08-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #467
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthird View Post
And without a rear wing!
Yeah only took him about 2 laps to get it down without a wing. Was still working his way through traffic like nothing. Was a awesome thing to see. Funny thing was he said that was the first time he ever ran without a wing. I have done that before and it really sucks.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 AM   #468
Tech Adept

Default question

what is the difference between caster ex1 and ex1.5 ?
crosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:11 AM   #469
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosten View Post
what is the difference between caster ex1 and ex1.5 ?
The Caster EX-1 is the electric buggy they make. The ZX1.5R (there is no ex1.5) is the Nitro Pro kit they make. So main difference is one is nitro and one is electric with all the suspension and drivetrain being the same.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 AM   #470
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

This isn't the Nitro Buggy but it is the Fusion EX1.
This last weekend at (Philip Atondo's track)
River Front RC Park in Marysville Ca during the 2nd Annual Labor Day Shoot Out Johnathan Hernandez was able to hold off Ryan Cavaleri, Muke Truhe, Tyler Vik and several others to win the $50 Dash for Cash between the top 2 qualifiers in every class. It was awesome to watch this race.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXztYGWDckc

In the electric 1/8 scale class sponsored by Tekin they ran a triple A-Main and after qualifying 2nd and thermalling on the last lap of the first 2 mains he was able to keep everything cool and finished his 3rd Main with enough points for a 3rd place podium.

Congradulations Johnathan.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 AM   #471
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default WTG

Way to go Jonathan. Another podium finish for Team Caster, and a 1ST Place at that. Woo Hoo....
Old 09-14-2009, 04:17 AM   #472
Tech Adept

Default question

where can i download the manual for the caster zx 1.5 r ?
crosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #473
Tech Master

On October 4th, the Caster sponsored; Hardcore race track, in Flamborough Ontario, hosted a race that proved to be the ultimate test of skill, and a buggy's durability. The 5 HOUR ENDURANCE RACE!!! The manufacturers with representation at this race were Caster, Mugen, Losi, Kyosho, Jammin and X-Ray.

Representing Caster for this race, were 4 of the 7 team members from the Canadian Caster race team. Myself, Bryan Cote, Derek Rafuse and Brian (Gump) Belanger.

In the weeks leading up to this event, we discussed strategy and prepared our buggy. There were only 2 of us that had ever competed in an endurance race before, but never a 5 hour one!!! It was almost unthinkable to drive a buggy for 5 hours, but we did it, along with 7 other teams!

After the completion of 300 minutes (5 hours), we had burned almost 2 gallons of fuel, and logged 353 laps, which equated to a mind numbing 107 kilometers, given the length of the track! If that's not amazing enough...WE NEVER BROKE A SINGLE PART ON THE ZX-1.5R!!!

The winners (a team run by good friend, and Mugen sponsored driver, John 'Chewy' Bakker) checked out from the start, and never looked back, and left the rest of the field to duke it out. The field was very tight from 2nd to 5th place, with only 6 laps separating us from 2nd place, and 4 laps from 3rd. There were many exciting position changes throughout the race.

We were comfortably in contention to take the 3rd spot with about 30 minutes to go, but started experiencing a 'lean bog' from the engine. After lots of unscheduled pit-stops to tune the engine, Gump came to realize that there was a cracked fuel line, and made a swift repair. This was one of the unfortunate things that happened, ultimately costing us the 4 laps needed for a top 3 finish.

All four of us drove for 75 minutes. Aside from myself, my hat is off to my team drivers. They practiced tremendous caution to keep the car together for 5 hours, while driving it hard to maintain our position, at the same time. It was fun, but stressful at the same time. Nobody wanted to be responsible for breaking the car OR for having us fall to last place because of slow lap times. My hats off to Bryan, Derek and Gump for their dedication to making sure Caster made it to the finish line!

Nobody will question Caster's quality or durability anymore!!!

Kevin Taylor
Caster - Canadian Team Captain

Old 10-20-2009, 04:14 AM   #474
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That is insane. I know that Caster had it in them to go the distance, and with great people that know what they are doing just added the iceing to the cake.

Absolutly Awesome Job.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:55 AM   #475
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tha's cool. We are going to put one of mine through a 3 hour enduro on ThanksGiving.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:31 AM   #476
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochitone View Post
That is insane. I know that Caster had it in them to go the distance, and with great people that know what they are doing just added the iceing to the cake.

Absolutly Awesome Job.
Thanks for the kudos bud. We had an amazing time at the 5 hour endurance race, and people are STILL talking about how we managed to drive for 5 hours straight, without breaking a THING!!! The buggy ran flawlessly, and the only signs of wear after 5 hours, was the rear outdrives, and brake rotors. AWESOME!!!

Take a clooose look at the wing too. We thought we'd have some fun with the Caster font, while sending a message to everyone about Caster's quality! LOL...
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi everyone, I have recently been informed that I will be a part of the 2010 team and I am very exited to get started. I have been doing as much reading on the zx1.5r as possible but I can't seem to find out if the zx1.5r comes with a body or not. Can someone post a pic of it if it does. I also see that many people are using bodies meant for different cars. Which body is the best fit, I see some people having clearance issues with the steering servo horn. Thanks
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:24 PM   #478
Tech Addict

When my brother ran for them he used mbx5r body.
BeefHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #479
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Briguy

They come with bodies and unless they changed to better bodies , the stocks are very thin and don`t hold up . Some use Mugen , AE , believe Xray bodies . Naturally Mugen will fit best as it is basically a Mugen .
Briguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:06 PM   #480
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thanks
BIG RE is offline   Reply With Quote